Niacinamide causing headaches/feeling sick overnight

Candeias

Hi,

I started getting headaches and feeling sick overnight after taking relatively high doses of Niacinamide for a few days with no problems. The changes I made from the previous days was to increase the niacinamide from 3 grams to 4 grams, taking 20 mg of Diazepam (I had a flight that day and got anxious) and a big cup of coffee on the plane - I had stopped drinking some time ago.

I think it's related to the liver and/or copper, because I also started craving cocoa and liver, but even so now with just a 1.5g dose of Niacinamide I feel bad the next day.

Did I harm my liver in any way or copper deficiency? Methylation?
I had taken between 1 and 3 grams of Niacinamide with no problems days before, and now this sick feeling and brain fog from just 1.5 grams of Niacinamide are what frustrates me.. thank u!

Last edited:

MattJaro

That seems like quite a lot niacinamide, most people get on better with less such as a few hundred miligrams 1-3 times per day. You might be craving some magnesium too, do you supplement with it currently?

OP
Candeias

Candeias

That seems like quite a lot niacinamide, most people get on better with less such as a few hundred miligrams 1-3 times per day. You might be craving some magnesium too, do you supplement with it currently?

No, if it were related to magnesium I would already have palpitations/dizziness/angina type of symptoms.
I'm using these doses to treat a condition and I've seen improvements, so that's why I'm trying to figure out what happened.

Ben.

With thoose dosages i would defeniately consider some liver protection. Wether that is vitamin c, taurin, choline, tudca or something else (w/e works for you).

OP
Candeias

Candeias

With thoose dosages i would defeniately consider some liver protection. Wether that is vitamin c, taurin, choline, tudca or something else (w/e works for you).

I have read anecdotal experiences of people who abused anabolic steroids and recovered quickly with Tudca, it will be my next experience

OP
Candeias

Candeias

Yesterday I tested the same 1.5 grams of Niacinamide and ate pork liver at night to see the reaction, I also dropped the aspirin (3 grams), curcumin and another herb, to test more accurately, but ate a lot of gelatin gummies tho.
I had more difficulty falling asleep and only slept for an hour, waking up with cortisol at an all-time high, lowering serotonin makes me sleep less usually.
But I'm out of headaches and not a lot of brainfog so I'm guessing it's the same liver overload/copper deficiency. And I feel different than usual today, without that dopamine and its precursors, with less energy and weaker, it feels like a bit of withdrawal too..

Yesterday I tested the same 1.5 grams of Niacinamide and ate pork liver at night to see the reaction, I also dropped the aspirin (3 grams), curcumin and another herb, to test more accurately, but ate a lot of gelatin gummies tho.
I had more difficulty falling asleep and only slept for an hour, waking up with cortisol at an all-time high, lowering serotonin makes me sleep less usually.
But I'm out of headaches and not a lot of brainfog so I'm guessing it's the same liver overload/copper deficiency. And I feel different than usual today, without that dopamine and its precursors, with less energy and weaker, it feels like a bit of withdrawal too..
3g aspirin, 1,5g of niacinamide, curcumin & another herb + gelatin. Dude. I would be dead right now if I took those.
Those are some serious blood thinners. I think your body is trying to achieve some kind of blood clotting homeostasis.

OP
Candeias

Candeias

3g aspirin, 1,5g of niacinamide, curcumin & another herb + gelatin. Dude. I would be dead right now if I took those.
Those are some serious blood thinners. I think your body is trying to achieve some kind of blood clotting homeostasis.

My blood tends to be thick, due to the high consumption of milk and leafy greens/kale too, I already had an episode of atrial fibrillation so I think the Docs wanted me on blood thinners. I have been feeling that my heart is making less of an effort to pump these last few days, but I will be more mindful of that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals