This ENDED My Headaches

I started Peating about 3 weeks ago and IMMEDIATELY very serious headaches STOPPED.

I was and am grateful. Just upping simple carbs such as OJ and cutting fat brought my YEARS of daily headaches to an end.

These were VERY bad headaches, whole body type headaches, but almost every day. Started about 15 years ago but got steadily more and more often. Used to be post workout headaches, so I quit working out.

Then they became more relentless every day. I used to have to take ibuprofen but about 4 months ago stopped taking it and started some mental stuff that helped make it bearable but didn't really resolve the headaches.

I had them EVERY DAY at this point.

Finally, starting Peating, they went away. I had ONE headache in the last 3 weeks, and that was when I began T3 without having anything to eat and I think that triggered it.

So that is amazing. Simply wonderful. But now I have a question. I am getting aching wrists and aches in my arms and feeling old and I don't have the flu. Any idea what this could be?

Today I'm stopping ALL supplementation. I read some older posts and Ray had emailed someone that Mg oral supps can cause this sometimes. I'm just laying off completely today and see if it gets better. I'm taking American Biologic bovine NDT, started thyroid only a few days ago. Also increasing coffee quite a lot, trying to deal with fatty liver issue.

Any insight into the muscle aches? Thanks!

J

jb116

hey ecstatichamster, good to hear you've progressed :)
Do your muscles feel weak as well as achy?

J

jb116

ecstatichamster said:
post 114548 not weak so much, just achy. Kind of a flu type ache.

I always keep in mind how the bowels are tied in with toxins and how these toxins can systematically affect
joints and muscles. This is especially so when clearing out the liver and adapting the body to a different way of eating.
Are you eating the daily carrot?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
ecstatichamster
jb116 said:
post 114561
ecstatichamster said:
post 114548 not weak so much, just achy. Kind of a flu type ache.

I always keep in mind how the bowels are tied in with toxins and how these toxins can systematically affect
joints and muscles. This is especially so when clearing out the liver and adapting the body to a different way of eating.
Are you eating the daily carrot?

thanks -- i am now, just started.

Endotoxins seems very possible. I have a kind of scratchy throat and sneezes similar to a highly allergic state, which may be endotoxins.

tara

Congratulations on stopping headaches!!!

Were you severely undereating calories or carbs before? Refeeding after prolonged and severe deprivation apparently often has achy effects for a few weeks. (This is from youreatopia, not from Peat.)
Body: "OK. Thank goodness that crisis is over. We can rest and recover now, right?"
I'm not sure of the mechanisms, but lowering cortisol may be part of it?

You could try green broths for magnesium, or replace oral Mg with transdermal, if you are not getting enough from diet?

OP
ecstatichamster
tara said:
post 114667 Congratulations on stopping headaches!!!

Were you severely undereating calories or carbs before? Refeeding after prolonged and severe deprivation apparently often has achy effects for a few weeks. (This is from youreatopia, not from Peat.)
Body: "OK. Thank goodness that crisis is over. We can rest and recover now, right?"

You could try green broths for magnesium, or replace oral Mg with transdermal, if you are not getting enough from diet?

Thanks!

I was high fat lowish carb, frequently eating almost no carbs until dinner.

I have some abdominal fat, maybe 10 pounds or so overweight.

I think my problem was I ate TONS of pistachios. Huge amounts. I think that created this fatty liver problem.

Second day of carrot salad. Feel much better, aches are MUCH better, still present but significantly reduced. Today I feel really good compared to recently.

J

jb116

ecstatichamster said:
post 114733
tara said:

Thanks!

I think my problem was I ate TONS of pistachios. Huge amounts. I think that created this fatty liver problem.

Second day of carrot salad. Feel much better, aches are MUCH better, still present but significantly reduced. Today I feel really good compared to recently.

Awesome :cool: thanks for posting an update.
I can understand the pistachio thing. I am not pro-pufa but I understand how some pufa foods like nuts can be addicting.

OP
ecstatichamster
jb116 said:
post 114734
ecstatichamster said:
post 114733
tara said:

Thanks!

I can understand the pistachio thing. I am not pro-pufa but I understand how some pufa foods like nuts can be addicting.

Man, I didn't know they were hurting me this much. So much "evidence" that nuts are healthy, etc.

But it isn't really paleo even to eat nuts all the time. And RP has very convincing arguments. I'm still not *quite* 100% convinced that eating a fatty fish now and then is a bad thing. I haven't been pro fish oil for a long time, but there are long lived people who do consume fish with fish oil in it. Although not as much as people think, as

BobbyDukez

ecstatichamster said:
post 114757
jb116 said:
post 114734
ecstatichamster said:
post 114733
tara said:

Thanks!

Man, I didn't know they were hurting me this much. So much "evidence" that nuts are healthy, etc.

But it isn't really paleo even to eat nuts all the time. And RP has very convincing arguments. I'm still not *quite* 100% convinced that eating a fatty fish now and then is a bad thing. I haven't been pro fish oil for a long time, but there are long lived people who do consume fish with fish oil in it. Although not as much as people think, as

Is ray against fatty fish? I think I've heard him say he eats salmon and sardines?

GAF

3 to 6 regular Aspirin per day keep my aches away. After 5 decades of bad aches and pains every day, this alone has been a stunning find for me - not to mention all the other improvements from RP and this forum. Occasionally, I forget the aspirin in the morning and by 10am, I magically remember and run to the aspirin bottle in the cabinet in my office. (K2, of course).

OP
ecstatichamster
headaches have come back. I'm not sure why. Perhaps it has to do with endotoxin load.

I have been playing with starch and other stuff like that. I ate potatoes, cooked leeks, beets and so forth, not a lot but some, and i had a bad day with bowel issues and headache. Today I have the headache again.

I took psyllium fiber last night, quite a bit. And of course the carrot.

I hope to figure this out. I had a headache free period of about 3 weeks there, which is a first in many years.

tara

Is ray against fatty fish? I think I've heard him say he eats salmon and sardines?

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/fishoil.shtml
"Although by 1980 many animal diseases were known to be caused by eating oily fish, and the unsaturated oils were known to accelerate the formation of the "age pigment," lipofuscin, many "beneficial effects" of dietary fish oil started appearing in research journals around that time, and the mass media, responding to the industry's public relations campaign, began ignoring studies that showed harmful effects from eating fish oil. "

tara

headaches have come back. I'm not sure why. Perhaps it has to do with endotoxin load.

I have been playing with starch and other stuff like that. I ate potatoes, cooked leeks, beets and so forth, not a lot but some, and i had a bad day with bowel issues and headache. Today I have the headache again.

Bad luck. Hope this doesn't last so long.
Endotoxin seems worth tackling to see if it helps.
Have you tried aged cascara sagrada to help keep things moving?

OP
ecstatichamster
most days it's not headaches fortunately. So this is still a huge gain. I am pretty sure it's endotoxins.

I'm consuming about 4 tablespoons of coconut oil each day. That may work. It is so far, mostly.

Havn'et tried cascara. Do you have a recommended source/method of prep? Thanks!

tara

most days it's not headaches fortunately. So this is still a huge gain. I am pretty sure it's endotoxins.
I think I'm finding that some starch each day is better than none, but a smallish serve or two is better than a large one. (But I'm currently opposing endotoxin.)

I'm consuming about 4 tablespoons of coconut oil each day. That may work. It is so far, mostly.
Great.

Havn'et tried cascara. Do you have a recommended source/method of prep? Thanks!
I think Peat and some here use and recommend the Italian Farmalobor source. I've used Nature's Way, but just looked online at it and it says it contains silica. :( I was pretty sure I checked for this before buying, so I'll have to check my bottle when I get home.
For a while I was breaking a capsule every other day and making tea out of it, and drinking the tea over two days, to give a little continuous gentle support - seldom get severe constipation. Haven't used it lately. Required dosage seems to vary a lot from person to person. If I took two capsules in a day the results were a bit more urgent. :)

Whataboutbob

3 to 6 regular Aspirin per day keep my aches away. After 5 decades of bad aches and pains every day, this alone has been a stunning find for me - not to mention all the other improvements from RP and this forum. Occasionally, I forget the aspirin in the morning and by 10am, I magically remember and run to the aspirin bottle in the cabinet in my office. (K2, of course).
@GAF ...are you still consuming aspirin on a daily basis ?

burtlancast

Are you having Wifi at home ?
Cordless phones in the house ?
Fluorescent lighting ?

OliviaD

I started Peating about 3 weeks ago and IMMEDIATELY very serious headaches STOPPED.

I was and am grateful. Just upping simple carbs such as OJ and cutting fat brought my YEARS of daily headaches to an end.

These were VERY bad headaches, whole body type headaches, but almost every day. Started about 15 years ago but got steadily more and more often. Used to be post workout headaches, so I quit working out.

Then they became more relentless every day. I used to have to take ibuprofen but about 4 months ago stopped taking it and started some mental stuff that helped make it bearable but didn't really resolve the headaches.

I had them EVERY DAY at this point.

Finally, starting Peating, they went away. I had ONE headache in the last 3 weeks, and that was when I began T3 without having anything to eat and I think that triggered it.

So that is amazing. Simply wonderful. But now I have a question. I am getting aching wrists and aches in my arms and feeling old and I don't have the flu. Any idea what this could be?

Today I'm stopping ALL supplementation. I read some older posts and Ray had emailed someone that Mg oral supps can cause this sometimes. I'm just laying off completely today and see if it gets better. I'm taking American Biologic bovine NDT, started thyroid only a few days ago. Also increasing coffee quite a lot, trying to deal with fatty liver issue.

Any insight into the muscle aches? Thanks!
Hi - I know this is old - but I've seen you around :) When you say you starting "Peating" - can you give any specifics - beyond upping simple carbs such as OJ, cutting fat - or is that primarily what you did?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals