frontal/facial headache for a week

sara n.

Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2013
Messages
30
I would like to know if anyone here knows of any specific mineral or vitamin deficiencies or excesses can cause a frontal headache? It is in the forehead above the sinuses, and in the temples and over ears. Nothing I have for pain has touched it.

Could it be too much calcium? Too little? Too much D? Too little D? Too much T3? Playing with my caffeine intake hasn't had much effect. It is kinda getting me down, it is constant and nagging. Hurts but isn't the worst headache I've ever had, but it just won't stop. I am getting plenty of sugar and salt. In fact, I'm craving salt to the extent of salting nearly every single bite of food individually. (This has helped with edema actually).

FWIW, I do not commonly have headaches, though I have had them, of course.
thanks for any thoughts,
sara n.
 

Mittir

Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2013
Messages
2,034
I can tell from my experience that most likely cause of sudden onset of sinus
and allergy ( which often result in headache) issue is bad excipient from supplement
or food. Check if there is any new food or supplement added around the time
this headache started.
 

LucyL

Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2013
Messages
620
A couple days of Claritin D has worked well for me with similar symptoms. I agree its probably an allergic reaction to something, though it may be pollen or mold or something in the environment with the changing seasons.
 

sara n.

Member
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 27, 2013
Messages
30
I am just very slowly coming out of a bad allergy flare (I have chronic urticaria, pruritis, formication), so on high doses of steroids and antihistamines. So any sinus allergy should be well-controlled.

Just begun wondering if it could be a low grade dental infection..........I've had some problems with dental infection in the past couple months, but didn't have any headache during the worst of that. I do have pain in an upper front tooth root up near sinus, when I press on that area. No real pain without pressing on it though. I have some penicillin, but it has an iodine dye in it, so I can't take it.
 

jyb

Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
2,770
Location
UK
sara n. said:
I am just very slowly coming out of a bad allergy flare (I have chronic urticaria, pruritis, formication), so on high doses of steroids and antihistamines. So any sinus allergy should be well-controlled.

Just begun wondering if it could be a low grade dental infection..........I've had some problems with dental infection in the past couple months, but didn't have any headache during the worst of that. I do have pain in an upper front tooth root up near sinus, when I press on that area. No real pain without pressing on it though. I have some penicillin, but it has an iodine dye in it, so I can't take it.

Could it be due to the ingredients in the steroids & antihistamines? Drugs, supplements (including the quality thyroid pills) tend to have pretty nasty ingredients, so if you take several of them that's a reasonable hypothesis.

For headaches in general, if its estrogen related then some progesterone would be a quick fix, if more basic methods like aspirin and regular carrot didn't work.
 

sara n.

Member
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 27, 2013
Messages
30
I use progest e daily. I've wondered about something in the prednisone or the antihistamines, but I've also been through this regimen for a big allergy flare many many times without headache. So it seems unlikely, though I know all too well mfrs can change their ingredients or add new ones at any time, and such changes are not always reflected in labeling, though they are supposed to be.
I'm hoping to be back on hydrocortisone alone today, without any prednisone, swapping for an equal dose of course.
 

HDD

Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2012
Messages
2,028
sara n. said:
I am just very slowly coming out of a bad allergy flare (I have chronic urticaria, pruritis, formication), so on high doses of steroids and antihistamines. So any sinus allergy should be well-controlled.

Just begun wondering if it could be a low grade dental infection..........I've had some problems with dental infection in the past couple months, but didn't have any headache during the worst of that. I do have pain in an upper front tooth root up near sinus, when I press on that area. No real pain without pressing on it though. I have some penicillin, but it has an iodine dye in it, so I can't take it.

I stumbled upon this by Peatarian and noticed she mentioned charcoal helped with tooth pain.

"RP says carott salat has the same effect but from time to time carotts just aren't strong enough. He sent me some rat studies which show that rats eating charcoal (I think every few days) lived 30% longer than those who didn't. Of course the carbo medicinalis (the official name) works as the carott fibers would but are more potent. They soak up the endotoxins in your stomach and intestines. I use charcoal once a week or if needed, two big spoons in water. It's a bit nasty to handle and it turns your tongue black but whenever my teeth or one of them hurts -- It helps. Probably has to do with the elevated serontonin because of the endotoxins. RP mentions it in the articles about MS and other so called autoimmune diseases.
You just have to be sure not to use it close to supplements or food. At least one hour or better one and a half between charcoal and anything beneficial."
(Bold and underline mine)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=226&p=1717&hilit=Charcoal#p1717
 

sara n.

Member
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 27, 2013
Messages
30
Haagendazendiane said:
I stumbled upon this by Peatarian and noticed she mentioned charcoal helped with tooth pain.

"RP says carott salat has the same effect but from time to time carotts just aren't strong enough. He sent me some rat studies which show that rats eating charcoal (I think every few days) lived 30% longer than those who didn't. Of course the carbo medicinalis (the official name) works as the carott fibers would but are more potent. They soak up the endotoxins in your stomach and intestines. I use charcoal once a week or if needed, two big spoons in water. It's a bit nasty to handle and it turns your tongue black but whenever my teeth or one of them hurts -- It helps. Probably has to do with the elevated serontonin because of the endotoxins. RP mentions it in the articles about MS and other so called autoimmune diseases.
You just have to be sure not to use it close to supplements or food. At least one hour or better one and a half between charcoal and anything beneficial."
(Bold and underline mine)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=226&p=1717&hilit=Charcoal#p1717

I have some charcoal in capsules. Thanks for the suggestion. I've read about charcoal for endotoxin but never heard about it in relation to tooth pain. Sounds worth a try.
sara n.
 

sara n.

Member
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 27, 2013
Messages
30
Headache is almost gone. Wal-Act plus Tylenol. Not things I regularly even think of. Tylenol never used to work for me at all. I really don't want to take pseudoephedrine if I can help it, so an alternate combo suggested to me is Benadryl, Phenylephrine, and Tylenol.
If I can find Phenlyephrine I'll try it. Kinds suspicious of the antihistamine in Wal-Act also, it is triprolidine.
But at the moment I'm just grateful for the relief.
sara n.
 

HDD

Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2012
Messages
2,028
In another post, Peatarian also mentioned that it could prevent headaches so maybe it will help
with the headaches also.

Benadryl is anti serotonin, too.

Glad you are feeling better. :D
 

sara n.

Member
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 27, 2013
Messages
30
Trying charcoal...........since it can interfere with absorption of meds and nurients, I decided to take it in the middle of the night when I get up to empty bladder. Anything wrong with that idea?
 

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
11,621
Location
USA
sara n. said:
Trying charcoal...........since it can interfere with absorption of meds and nurients, I decided to take it in the middle of the night when I get up to empty bladder. Anything wrong with that idea?
Good question.
 

4peatssake

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2013
Messages
2,055
Age
59
I think it's perfectly fine if you don't mind the bother in the middle of the night. I take it before bed but am sure to take any food or supplements two hours before or after taking charcoal. That is the key.
 

HDD

Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2012
Messages
2,028
"I have been using antibiotics every now and then. Ray Peat has been recommending tretracycline derivates for years since they are really safe. I have never known any side effects. What I do notice is that when a tooth hurts and I use antibiotics (or ondansetron) the pain stops. (Read Ray Peat for the context between teeth, endotoxins and serotonin.) My skin gets brighter and softer, the pores invisible, I sleep better and severe headaches clear up within half an hour and I see better. These effects linger for many months after a week of using minocycline in even in low doses." -Peatarian
 
Joined
Apr 21, 2013
Messages
176
sara n. said:
I use progest e daily. I've wondered about something in the prednisone or the antihistamines, but I've also been through this regimen for a big allergy flare many many times without headache. So it seems unlikely, though I know all too well mfrs can change their ingredients or add new ones at any time, and such changes are not always reflected in labeling, though they are supposed to be.
I'm hoping to be back on hydrocortisone alone today, without any prednisone, swapping for an equal dose of course.

Sara, i noticed you take progest-E daily. I get the same frontal headache if I overdo the progest-E.
 

HDD

Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2012
Messages
2,028
sara n. said:
I have some charcoal in capsules. Thanks for the suggestion. I've read about charcoal for endotoxin but never heard about it in relation to tooth pain. Sounds worth a try.
sara n.

I just stumbled upon this about charcoal.



Re: Supplement List
by peatarian » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:57 pm

Don't buy the pressed pills, they are nearly useless. I think it should be at least two big spoons of charcoal but I have used as many as 10 after a stomach infection.

Actually I would recommend the one you can afford. Don't laugh I mean it!
You wouldn't believe it's basically burned things you buy. I used to pay 56 Euro for 250g.
I now found a pharmacy in Switzerland that charges 22 Euro for 1 kg.
There is no qualitative difference between the two. They don't have brand names, just the names of the pharmacies on them.

Basically I'd say chose the one that's finer and easier to stir up dust (you'll see what I mean).
They all have to me medically pure so you don't have to worry about that.
Some are burned plants instead of animals (I wonder if this has to do with religion or vegetarians?). I have tried many, the result was always the same.

After two years I recommend using it -- and using it right before bedtime because this way it's most unlikely it will interfere with any nutrition. (And don't wear anything white when you mix it. I usually fill it in a glass bottle and shake it until it's all liquid and no powder.)
0


peatarian
 
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Drareg Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia And Hydroxychloroquine Hair & Nails 4
Highserotonin90 FRONTAL LOBE DAMAGE Mental Issues 1
Insaneacinamide Robert Sapolsky On Joe Rogan Podast: "higher Glucose In Bloodstream, Frontal Cortex Works Better" Miscellaneous Health Discussions 6
Entropy DHEA And Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia: Molecular And Physiopathological Mechanisms Scientific Studies 4
allblues Weird Frontal Lobe Sensations Eyes, Ears, Nose and Headaches/Migraines 2
L How Do You Encourage Facial Nerve Healing After Severe Brain Trauma? Miscellaneous Health Discussions 17
M Help! My Facial Features Changed From Taking Progestorone, Pregnenlone And Dhea Male Issues 62
B Progesterone To Stop Male Facial Hair Growth? Hormones 27
J Has Anyone Seen Facial Changes In Jaw And Cheeks From Vitamin K2-mk4? Ask For Help or Advice 63
M Facial Bloat/Fat Ask For Help or Advice 24
B Facial Symmetry Ask For Help or Advice 7
Jake sullivan Estrogenic Facial Edema VS Androgenic Facial Appearence And Structure Testimonials 37
E I Want Facial Gains Using K2 MK4 What Ratio With Other Supps? Vitamins 12
B Facial Changes In Marine Corps Bootcamp (Before And After) Miscellaneous 46
G Temporary Loose Facial Skin/muscle, How To Fix It? Ask For Help or Advice 7
M Importance Of Lip Seal In Facial Attractiveness Experiments 4
D Facial Changes After 19-20? Male Issues 11
M Facial Hair Turning Red Hair & Nails 2
Light Facial Asymmetry Correlates With Thyroid Dysfunction? Miscellaneous Health Discussions 13
D Brain Waves And Facial Expressions Mind, Sleep, Stress 1
Runenight201 Facial Symmetry Eyes, Ears, Nose and Headaches/Migraines 51
cinderella How To Change Facial Features And Skull Shape Ask For Help or Advice 84
vulture Does All Androgenic Drugs Increase Facial Hair Growth Speed? Pharmaceutical Drugs 18
7 How To Speed Up Facial Aging? Ask For Help or Advice 24
9 Ray Peat Has Grey Hair, No Facial Hair, Black Teeth And Age Pigments Rant or Rave 102
S Foods And Their Effects On Facial Features Ask For Help or Advice 11
T Can Facial Dermal Fillers Be Harmful To The Body? Ask For Help or Advice 26
MyUsernameHere 830nm Red Light - Working Great Against Hair Loss, But Causes Facial Acne? Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 27
C Help! I'm A 27 Year Old Woman, Feeling Like A Medical Mystery: Facial Hair, Body Hair, But Not PCOS? Hair & Nails 16
RedStaR Facial Width-to-Height (fWHR) Ratio Scientific Studies 77
S Facial Burn From Red Light? Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 12
Diokine Considerations For Facial Development, Tooth Health Health 16
haidut Facial Deformity May Be An Indication Of Early Life Stress Scientific Studies 42
S Facial Symmetry And How To Improve It Diet 43
Gadsie Is Facial Hair A Sign Of Poor Health? Health 77
Velve921 Stress Of Job Is Causing Increased Aging Of Facial Appearance Ask For Help or Advice 11
M Advice On Treating Facial Injury Eyes, Ears, Nose and Headaches/Migraines 4
F What Causes Facial Asymmetry? Miscellaneous Health Discussions 43
N Progest-e / Ndt Causing Facial Hair? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
A Stomach Discomfort/pain And Headache Immediately After Drinking ACV Ask For Help or Advice 13
A Vitamin D3 Might Improve Headache Characteristics And Protect Against Inflammation In Migraine Scientific Studies 4
vulture Progesterone And Headache? Progesterone 13
H Headache Methylene Blue 9
A Headache When Doing Mental Task (ginkgo Biloba) Ask For Help or Advice 7
G Gelatin Gives Me A Headache Diet 8
A Tension Headache & Muscle Tension Ask For Help or Advice 0
K Would A Headache Caused By L-lysine Be Corrected If I Added L-arginine? Amino Acids 1
A Any Remedies For Shingles-related Headache? Ask For Help or Advice 5
Aaron Cervicogenic (neck-originating) Headache Eyes, Ears, Nose and Headaches/Migraines 7
M Carrot Salad Causing Headache? Ask For Help or Advice 7

Similar threads

Top