Does Carrot/cooked ‘shrooms/bamboo Shoots Cause Anyone Bad Effects, Or Headaches

Aymen

Do you still get these? I experienced one of the worst "die offs" lately from using a carrot salad yesterday. For the first time, I added olive oil to my carrot salad ever, I always used acv, salt, and coconut oil befire. It started with a very intense headache, which led me to then start throwing up in the middle of the night lol.

I feel it is a die off reaction, due to the gut not being completely emptied. I started reading about olive oil and seeing how potent it was as an anti bacterial.

I'm going to drop it for a day or two then try again with a much lower dose of olive oil, but I felt very clear headed when I used the carrot salad immediately within 10 minutes. But I think has it moved down my body, it started to interact with some bugs... ?
eat the raw carrot away from meals preferably before sunset.
the headache you are getting maybe because you didn't eat it for a long time and then you started to introduce it again,
here are some quotes from RP:

"It takes a few days for the intestine to adjust to raw carrot, but the indigestible fiber is very protective for the intestine. Boiled bamboo shoots, which are also mostly indigestible, have a similar effect. These fibers prevent the reabsorption of estrogen in the intestine, and can shift the balance away from cortisol and estrogen, toward progesterone and thyroid, in just a few days of regular use. Oatmeal and potatoes do provide fiber, but they are good food for bacteria, and bacterial endotoxin is usually the basic problem causing hormone imbalance, by being a chronic burden for the liver, keeping it from storing enough sugar to process thyroid and the other hormones effectively.”

"There are interesting associations between vegetable “fiber” and estrogens. Because of my own experience in finding that eating a raw carrot daily prevented my migraines, I began to suspect that the carrot fiber was having both a bowel-protective and an antiestrogen effect. Several women who suffered from premenstrual symptoms, including migraine, had their serum estrogen measured before and after the “carrot diet,” and they found that the carrot lowered their estrogen within a few days, as it relieved their symptoms.”

“My first suggestion for someone with PMS is to avoid thyroid suppression (darkness and endurance exercise should be avoided), and to use my carrot salad recipe: Grated carrots, vinegar, coconut oil and salt are the essentials, garlic and olive oil are optional. Acetic acid and fatty acids released from the coconut oil act at different levels, and the carrot fiber is a timed-release system which also binds toxins and stimulates the bowel; the salt spares magnesium and tends to inhibit excessive prolactin release.”

“Since the fiber [CARROT] will delay digestion and reduce absorption of other foods, I think it’s best to eat it between meals, usually in the afternoon.”

source: Ray Peat, PhD on the Benefits of the Raw Carrot – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

i personally add little olive oil to it and 1-2 clove of raw garlic crushed for 10 minutes, you may use little olive like 1 tsp.
it still helps if you use it without olive oil or coconut oil,
i remember one time i had a migraine and i ate the carrot without any oil and it helped me very well that day.

LUH 3417

How are your muscles and bones in the cervical area? I seem to lately (this entire year especially) have constant pain in all kind of point in my upper back muscles no matter what I do and they would aggravate if doing much with those muscles. At some point I realized i could not do pushups anymore as I would get a lot of pressure on my eyes and my head started to hurt after lots of push up. Today I rather quit doing pushups as it only aggravates my headaches.
I seem to be heavily affect by draft winds as these create head aches, having something on my head and around my neck helps with not getting so strong headaches.
I do not see to get rid of the musles sores in my neck and full trapezoid area on the back, I have applied magnesium chloride oil, self massage and pretty much nothing helps.
Do you have gallbladder issues

eat the raw carrot away from meals preferably before sunset.
the headache you are getting maybe because you didn't eat it for a long time and then you started to introduce it again,
here are some quotes from RP:

"It takes a few days for the intestine to adjust to raw carrot, but the indigestible fiber is very protective for the intestine. Boiled bamboo shoots, which are also mostly indigestible, have a similar effect. These fibers prevent the reabsorption of estrogen in the intestine, and can shift the balance away from cortisol and estrogen, toward progesterone and thyroid, in just a few days of regular use. Oatmeal and potatoes do provide fiber, but they are good food for bacteria, and bacterial endotoxin is usually the basic problem causing hormone imbalance, by being a chronic burden for the liver, keeping it from storing enough sugar to process thyroid and the other hormones effectively.”

"There are interesting associations between vegetable “fiber” and estrogens. Because of my own experience in finding that eating a raw carrot daily prevented my migraines, I began to suspect that the carrot fiber was having both a bowel-protective and an antiestrogen effect. Several women who suffered from premenstrual symptoms, including migraine, had their serum estrogen measured before and after the “carrot diet,” and they found that the carrot lowered their estrogen within a few days, as it relieved their symptoms.”

“My first suggestion for someone with PMS is to avoid thyroid suppression (darkness and endurance exercise should be avoided), and to use my carrot salad recipe: Grated carrots, vinegar, coconut oil and salt are the essentials, garlic and olive oil are optional. Acetic acid and fatty acids released from the coconut oil act at different levels, and the carrot fiber is a timed-release system which also binds toxins and stimulates the bowel; the salt spares magnesium and tends to inhibit excessive prolactin release.”

“Since the fiber [CARROT] will delay digestion and reduce absorption of other foods, I think it’s best to eat it between meals, usually in the afternoon.”

source: Ray Peat, PhD on the Benefits of the Raw Carrot – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

i personally add little olive oil to it and 1-2 clove of raw garlic crushed for 10 minutes, you may use little olive like 1 tsp.
it still helps if you use it without olive oil or coconut oil,
i remember one time i had a migraine and i ate the carrot without any oil and it helped me very well that day.

Thanks.. yeah that's a good point that he said it takes a few days to adjust to it. Aybe that is what is going on.. What's odd though is I have been using it for a very long time, only when I added the olive oil did it cause this reaction. I'll probably try the garlic out too, that would be a good add.

I feel better today, more clear headed. I for sure have some bacterial overgrowth so I think this negative reaction was a good thing if anything. I remember many years ago I tried one of those camdida killing drinks like a cocktail of a bunch of things that kill candida, I remember throwing up terribly that night, I think it was also a die off reaction maybe. The toxins got to get out some how....

Aymen

Thanks.. yeah that's a good point that he said it takes a few days to adjust to it. Aybe that is what is going on.. What's odd though is I have been using it for a very long time, only when I added the olive oil did it cause this reaction. I'll probably try the garlic out too, that would be a good add.

I feel better today, more clear headed. I for sure have some bacterial overgrowth so I think this negative reaction was a good thing if anything. I remember many years ago I tried one of those camdida killing drinks like a cocktail of a bunch of things that kill candida, I remember throwing up terribly that night, I think it was also a die off reaction maybe. The toxins got to get out some how....
glad you are feeling better.
sometimes i skip weeks without having olive oil and i eat a little butter instead, it just depends on the quality of the olive oil i,m getting, if it's extra virgin ( golden color or deep grassy green and smells good then you should add it) or just use refined coconut oil, i didn't find a refined coconut oil in my country that's why i can't use it with the raw carrot.
ingest the garlic with the carrot at the same time to prevent mouth burn and gut irritation.

OP
ecstatichamster
you can replace it by mushrooms or bamboo shoots, they have the same benefits.

Yes. I have done ALL that and much more and they cause me multiple day headaches. I’ve been at this for YEARS and have done all that, mucho, for days, weeks, months on end, and it gave me headaches going for many days at a time, very bad headaches.

Aymen

Yes. I have done ALL that and much more and they cause me multiple day headaches. I’ve been at this for YEARS and have done all that, mucho, for days, weeks, months on end, and it gave me headaches going for many days at a time, very bad headaches.
i remember i have read that chewing the carrot well is important and that it can cause low blood sugar by increasing metabolism thus causing the headache.
you can start introducing it again (small to medium sized one everyday for the first week), in the beginning eat it alone (grated) in the afternoon without oil or vinegar and salt and see how you feel, if it didn't cause problems then eat large one in the second week and if it doesn't cause problems then you can start adding the coconut/olive oil and salt with it the third week, i usually eat a meal and then wait 2 hours and i eat the carrot and then i wait 2 hours and eat the next meal, the afternoon suggestion gave me the best results.
you can also try taking vitamin K2 with it.
you may have an allergy to it too, avoid freezing it and buy fresh ones and remove the skin from it like this:
https://cdn9.dissolve.com/p/D943_187_247/D943_187_247_1200.jpg

i remember i have read that chewing the carrot well is important and that it can cause low blood sugar by increasing metabolism thus causing the headache.
you can start introducing it again (small to medium sized one everyday for the first week), in the beginning eat it alone (grated) in the afternoon without oil or vinegar and salt and see how you feel, if it didn't cause problems then eat large one in the second week and if it doesn't cause problems then you can start adding the coconut/olive oil and salt with it the third week, i usually eat a meal and then wait 2 hours and i eat the carrot and then i wait 2 hours and eat the next meal, the afternoon suggestion gave me the best results.
you can also try taking vitamin K2 with it.
you may have an allergy to it too, avoid freezing it and buy fresh ones and remove the skin from it like this:
https://cdn9.dissolve.com/p/D943_187_247/D943_187_247_1200.jpg

Thats pretty good advice, @ecstatichamster I talked to ray about my reaction. He said some brands of olive oil can have caustic effects, so in going to go to whole foods and find some all organic super clean version and give it a try. My headache was on some next level intensity, so maybe it is the same with you on the brand of the ingredients...

OP
ecstatichamster
it hasn't worked for me, but that's okay. Any of these things seem to cause bad headaches that last for days. I've done all of it.

Thank you for the ideas!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals