Headaches For Entire Day After Any Sun Exposure

lampofred

Hi everyone,

A few years ago, I would spend hours every day in very hot direct sunlight with no issues (high 90s). But ever since my health took a nosedive and I started experiencing brain fog, fatigue, memory loss, and hair loss, I've noticed that even five minutes of sun exposure at medium heat (high 70s - low 80s) gives me throbbing headaches for the rest of the day along with nausea. I also feel very hot and drained and don't feel like eating anything.

I've tried searching Peat's articles for some insight on this issue, but I couldn't find anything. Does anyone have any experience with this issue or know if Peat has said anything about this? I really enjoy being outside, so it's a bummer to have to deal with this.

Thanks for your time.

It could be lipid peroxidation, in which case aspirin and or vitamin e would be protective. Did your health nosedive correspond to a change in lifestyle/diet?

Do you suspect you have lots of stored pufa? If you do you should be careful about UV exposure without taking aspirin, vit e or other precautions

docall18

Low magnesium. The extra vitamin D exacerbates the deficiency.

Try taking magnesium citrate. It needs to be fully dissolved in water first. Otherwise it will irritate stomach and have u running to bathroom.

OP
L

lampofred

It could be lipid peroxidation, in which case aspirin and or vitamin e would be protective. Did your health nosedive correspond to a change in lifestyle/diet?

Do you suspect you have lots of stored pufa? If you do you should be careful about UV exposure without taking aspirin, vit e or other precautions

The only thing I think that could've caused my health decline was a prolonged period of sleep deprivation (2 years). So I'm not sure if it's PUFA. Unless sleep deprivation for some reason prevents your liver from detoxing PUFA?

Low magnesium. The extra vitamin D exacerbates the deficiency.

Try taking magnesium citrate. It needs to be fully dissolved in water first. Otherwise it will irritate stomach and have u running to bathroom.

I'll try that. How long does it take to build up magnesium in your body? Or will I see results in a day?

CrystalClear

Hi lampofred, I have that same issue. I have experienced it for many years now. I moved from a hot humid climate to a much milder one and I can still experience the issues. :(

tara

I usually feel good for sunshine in moderate amounts. The exceptions are if I get an overheated head or really bright light directly in my eyes (eg too many sun flashes reflecting of cars/water). I can mitigate the former by wearing a sun hat or dunking my head in cold water, the latter by avoiding looking towards the brightest light and/or wearing sunnies.
I do seem to have trouble the next day if I spend too many hours out in really hot sun and let myself get burned.