Niacinamide Experience Thus Far

Pieter

Its been 5 days of taking 500mg twice a day Niacinamide.
List of things that seem to be improving for me:
1. Memory recall improved (even old long lost memories seem to be jumping up)
2. Verbal fluency improved
3. Less social anxiety and intrusive thoughts while communicating
4. Less OCD tendency
5. Slight libido increase and increase in night time erections.
6. Better mood (being able to laugh at the funny side of life)
7. Body seems warmer or at least for a short time after dosage.

But this has all come with a certain uneasy feeling so Ive been searching for why it might be and concluded that it must be blood sugar issues and liver glycogen storage. I must note it has improved the liver dull pain I experience sporadically throughout my day... dont know exactly how its doing this but suspect it has something to do with the niacinamide blocking FFA storage and metabolism thereof.

Eventhough Niacinamide has been very positive I felt like it was causing some sort of imbalance at such a high dosage but I take the high dosage as Im myself trying to beat mental issues and rev up metabolism. For science!

I also came across some people saying that B3 will deplete methyl. So this morning I took 100mcg B12 sublingualy (methylcobalimin) and It has realy improved my low energy. Im making an assumption that high dose Niacinamide does deplete methyl in body and that it would be wise to also take a methyl donor??

sladerunner69

Its been 5 days of taking 500mg twice a day Niacinamide.
List of things that seem to be improving for me:
1. Memory recall improved (even old long lost memories seem to be jumping up)
2. Verbal fluency improved
3. Less social anxiety and intrusive thoughts while communicating
4. Less OCD tendency
5. Slight libido increase and increase in night time erections.
6. Better mood (being able to laugh at the funny side of life)
7. Body seems warmer or at least for a short time after dosage.

But this has all come with a certain uneasy feeling so Ive been searching for why it might be and concluded that it must be blood sugar issues and liver glycogen storage. I must note it has improved the liver dull pain I experience sporadically throughout my day... dont know exactly how its doing this but suspect it has something to do with the niacinamide blocking FFA storage and metabolism thereof.

Eventhough Niacinamide has been very positive I felt like it was causing some sort of imbalance at such a high dosage but I take the high dosage as Im myself trying to beat mental issues and rev up metabolism. For science!

I also came across some people saying that B3 will deplete methyl. So this morning I took 100mcg B12 sublingualy (methylcobalimin) and It has realy improved my low energy. Im making an assumption that high dose Niacinamide does deplete methyl in body and that it would be wise to also take a methyl donor??

That is indeed a fairly high dosage, and it seems like you just dived right into it. I know some people take just 50mg of niacinamide because more than that gives them strange feelings, or often it is a headache that people complain about. If I do too much I can certainly have blood sugar problems, but I will also feel tired and lethargic. Do you ever experience chest pressure/pain after taking it? Do you consume caffeine as well? (What other supplements in addition to niacinamide)

OP
Pieter

Pieter

That is indeed a fairly high dosage, and it seems like you just dived right into it. I know some people take just 50mg of niacinamide because more than that gives them strange feelings, or often it is a headache that people complain about. If I do too much I can certainly have blood sugar problems, but I will also feel tired and lethargic. Do you ever experience chest pressure/pain after taking it? Do you consume caffeine as well? (What other supplements in addition to niacinamide)
I have not experienced the headache many speak of but I suspect my blood sugar does drop because I have experienced sweating and lethargy that only seems to normalize with a lot of sugar... still trying to grasp the amount of sugar needed to feel normal again after the dip. Was doing IF and Keto diet for so long that I am unaccustomed to sugar intake needed. I supplement with 50mg B6 and 30mg Zinc picolate and the evenings I take 100mg Mag Cloride added in Biotin 10mg 2 mornings but it made me feel very low on sugar and couldnt eat enough. This mornings B12 was a nice boost but I am not sure yet if it is necessary to take with the B3. I do consume coffee with low fat milk and 2 teaspoons of sugar. Never experienced chest pain or tightness. Im probably just not eating enough carbs. Ive just picked up such a lot of weight... Still figuring this Peating out

3v@

I want to give it a try, but many of you experienced fat gain with it? Am I right?

Curiousman

I noted an increase of tonus muscular with more 2 weeks of use niacinamide . It's a similar effect of use of DHT.

Obi-wan

It definitely affects your sugar levels. Makes me want to eat more. I had to stop using it as I was constantly hungry...

OP
Pieter

Pieter

I want to give it a try, but many of you experienced fat gain with it? Am I right?
Not sure havent been taking it long enough and im experimenting with dosage. Only took 500mg in the morning. Got a blood sugar gadget so ill from tomorrow be able to tell if it is causing low/high blood sugar or maybe its increasing insulin?

OP
Pieter

Pieter

I noted an increase of tonus muscular with more 2 weeks of use niacinamide . It's a similar effect of use of DHT.
Yeah I can resonate with this as I of late havent been weight training and just going for long walks and I noticed calve pumps from just walking which indicates anabolic effect. This might be because its increasing insulin which is forcing nutrients into the muscle and also it might be that I am making more DHT.

OP
Pieter

Pieter

It definitely affects your sugar levels. Makes me want to eat more. I had to stop using it as I was constantly hungry...
At the moment im only going to take it in mornings as it does cause some kind of blood sugar issue for me but it irradicates my mental issues... So im gonna stick with it for a bit longer and see if I can mitigate the blood sugar issue (not sure what it is yet) but I took a mineral supplement wich is high in magnesium, potasium and calcium this morning and it has made the B3 effect on bloodsugar less pronounced. Im guessing here but I might be insulin resistant from all the dieting ive been doing all these years and my RDA of potassium is not met (im nowhere near 4700mg a day) as Im not drinking glasses of milk or eating tons of bananas and potatoes.

Curiousman

Yeah I can resonate with this as I of late havent been weight training and just going for long walks and I noticed calve pumps from just walking which indicates anabolic effect. This might be because its increasing insulin which is forcing nutrients into the muscle and also it might be that I am making more DHT.
Yeah

Niacinamide Is Androgenic And Increases Dht Effects/signaling
This study shows that, again through inhibition of SIRT1, niacinamide enhances AR expression and effects of the powerful androgen DHT. Given the anti-cortisol effects of niacinamide that I also posted about it seems that niacinamide is one of the most versatile substances that can stop stop the stress response and maybe even reverse the catabolic state. Also, there should be nice synergy with DHEA and glycine to potentiate the androgenic effect even more, given glycine's upregulation of 5-AR.

It would be interesting the use DHT + Niacinamide

OP
Pieter

Pieter

Just reporting in on my experience with Niacinamide and I must say its now probably my fave supplement. Im completely over my bloodsugar problem. It seems my body had to adjust initially. Im still taking 500mg 2-3 times a day and it makes me feel great. Its very Peaty and the benefits are awesome.

One thing I must add is I was worried about it eating up methyl groups. So as previosly mentioned I tried some B12 the one morning. It gave me a energy boost for about an hour, nothing to write home about. Then 2days ago I remembered my good friend MSM and it is a well known methyl donor and is so natural and has so many benefits like making cells more receptive to Insulin! I feel like a freakin genuis for putting these two together haha

Obviously I am playing around with dosages but currently im taking 2000mg of MSM with each 500mg Niacinamide and it feels extremely Peaty :)

OP
Pieter

Pieter

I didnt like niacinamide, personally.

A lot of what youre ascribing to niacinamide, I feel using gelatin with much more potency
Ive tried incorporating gelatin also. I used one table spoon bovine gelatin in my coffee. Initially it caused major stomach cramping but only the first day I took it. I dunno but I dont seem to feel the benefit of it compared to a marked improvement in my wellbeing with B3.

YourUniverse

Niacinamide is an amazing supplement, one of the very few recommended by The Peat himself. I love hearing how effective it is for people, you included. I wonder why it doesn't work as well for me? What might I be doing wrong?

OP
Pieter

Pieter

Niacinamide is an amazing supplement, one of the very few recommended by The Peat himself. I love hearing how effective it is for people, you included. I wonder why it doesn't work as well for me? What might I be doing wrong?
I would look into improving insulin sensitivity I think that is the key to making B3 work its charm. Im taking a potasium, magnesium and calcium supplemt every few days. I believe these minerals are needed for proper glucose metabolism. Maybe try taking some magnesium chloride in conjuction with B3. I dont believe Niacinamide is end all be all and it probably will increase adrenaline if you dont have enough sugar and salt floating around. Ive got horrble candida/yeast/fungus/whatever growth and so my digestion realy is poor and milk and sugar tend to make the itch worse. Been cleaning my tongue with activated charcoal in the mornings and that seems to remove the worst coating. For the rest of my digestive tract im relying on a carrot with some coconut oil twice a day and maybe twice a week before bed ill take 500mg activated charcoal to do a clean sweep of the endotoxins. The reason im loving the Niacinamide is it helps with my learned helplessness and puts me in a better mood. Hopefully as digestion and thyroid improve i can tapper down on my B3 dosage. Cypro makes me hypoglycemic and aspirin causes me to bruise easily so I dont rely on them at all.

Obi-wan

Have you tried coconut oil or baking soda with apple cider vinegar? Lapodin?

OP
Pieter

Pieter

Have you tried coconut oil or baking soda with apple cider vinegar? Lapodin?
Yeah ive tried all three, never at the same time though. Are you suggesting making a mix of all three. The carrot and coconut oil seem to be working realy well atm. Coconut oil has worked in the past for me so has probiotics but im so over probiotics and fermented foods haha.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals