Issues After Taking High Dose Niacinamide

E

eat my peat

Interesting thread. Been taking 500mg of niacinamide for a couple months now.

Will cut it off for a bit and see if I notice any changes.

Can't say I noticed huge changes going on it either to be honest ...

tom94

Niacinamide causes itchy skin eruptions in me and others.

Small periodic doses are safer, which is ironic because most Niacinamide pills come in 500 or 1000mg doses.

In general, supplementing with isolated B Vitamins can throw stuff out of balance IMO. This is an issue if your diet is lacking in B Vitamins.
How long did your itchy skin eruptions last?

And what did you do to fix them?

I'm going through that now.

I get tingling sensations in my limbs and lower neck.

Limon9

How long did your itchy skin eruptions last?

And what did you do to fix them?

I'm going through that now.

I get tingling sensations in my limbs and lower neck.
From using niacinamide, presumably? Itching and paresthesia sounds like an acute increase in histamine.

Sheng Li Xue Bao. 2013 Feb 25;65(1):33-8. Excess nicotinamide increases plasma serotonin and histamine levels. Tian Y-J et al.
Hypertens Res. 2012 Feb;35(2):180-5. Excess nicotinamide inhibits methylation-mediated degradation of catecholamines in normotensives and hypertensives. Sun W-P et al.

tom94

From using niacinamide, presumably? Itching and paresthesia sounds like an acute increase in histamine.

Sheng Li Xue Bao. 2013 Feb 25;65(1):33-8. Excess nicotinamide increases plasma serotonin and histamine levels. Tian Y-J et al.
Hypertens Res. 2012 Feb;35(2):180-5. Excess nicotinamide inhibits methylation-mediated degradation of catecholamines in normotensives and hypertensives. Sun W-P et al.
Yes - been using it for a while. 500mg. Clearly overdone it. Any tips or pointers on how to approach to resolve? (aside from the obvious of cutting it out for now).

Limon9

Yes - been using it for a while. 500mg. Clearly overdone it. Any tips or pointers on how to approach to resolve? (aside from the obvious of cutting it out for now).
Good dietary intake of choline and betaine might help. Quite a bit of these are stored by the body and it can take a week or two to become replete even without depleting methyl groups with niacinamide, so... you might just want to cut it out. But you can see how prolonged use can diminish the tolerance for it.

Edit: I think niacinamide can cause hypoglycemia, which seems to make allergic/histamine reactions worse. But everyone says to take it with food, when it obviously doesn't solve all the problems.

J Immunol (1964) 92 (1): 3–7. Glycemic States and the Horse-Serum and Egg-White Anaphylactic Shock in Rats. Adamkiewicz VW, Sacra PJ, Ventura J.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals