SIBO, GERD, LPR, IBS, & Colitis Could Be Vitamin B3 Deficiency - "Niacin Treats Digestive Problems"

Just seeing this. I have a hiatal hernia. I have been experimenting with high dose B vitamins (including methylated b vitamins, which aren’t Peaty, I know). Hiatal hernia has been 90% over the last month
Nice!

Haidut mentioned a study years ago that showed that something like 5 mcg of t3 very frequently would cure hernia, but when the t3 wore off( during sleep, for example), the hernia came back. Just adds up to the bioenergetic perspective. Put the organism in a better environment and it heals itself.

Have u tried t3? The effects must be synergistic with the b- vitamins.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Look what "utilaman" says about Chrohns/Proctitis:

Source(he is the second reply down):
Having had a bowel movement in over a week? - Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis - MedHelp

So utilaman and the other article posted above are in agreement that it can take 6 months to turn this deficiency around. :waiting Which makes sense because it took a long time to get in this deficient predicament. Although I think some will see results much sooner.

A new study on thiamine and IBD confirms the vitamin angle again. It is focusing on fatigue, but I think there was functional improvement as well. Interestingly, this time the trial used up to 1,800mg daily unlike the previous trials with B1 and IBD, which used up to 600mg.

mbachiu

Nice!

Haidut mentioned a study years ago that showed that something like 5 mcg of t3 very frequently would cure hernia, but when the t3 wore off( during sleep, for example), the hernia came back. Just adds up to the bioenergetic perspective. Put the organism in a better environment and it heals itself.

Have u tried t3? The effects must be synergistic with the b- vitamins.
Yes I have. It didn’t seem to help nearly as much as the b vitamins. I think I have a true B12 deficiency. B12 & B1 seem to have been the most helpful. Interesting I have not been taking the B12, & the hernia has been back to what it was previously. I do think having proper vitamin, mineral & nutritional status can impact structure.

Yes I have. It didn’t seem to help nearly as much as the b vitamins. I think I have a true B12 deficiency. B12 & B1 seem to have been the most helpful. Interesting I have not been taking the B12, & the hernia has been back to what it was previously. I do think having proper vitamin, mineral & nutritional status can impact structure.
I see. Nutritional status in general can certainly impact structure in my experience, big time.

I remember Ray talking about an experiment they did with rat's retina( I think?). They made the cells of the tissue deficient in riboflavin( B2), and then they gave the cells a normal amount of the vitamin which, before deficiency, was enough to maintain function. The cells, after being deficient in b2, now required a significant amount of excess b2 to function to the same extent they did before. I wonder if this is why I need (what I'd consider to be) huge doses of vitamin B3 which I could never get from food alone.

mbachiu

I see. Nutritional status in general can certainly impact structure in my experience, big time.

I remember Ray talking about an experiment they did with rat's retina( I think?). They made the cells of the tissue deficient in riboflavin( B2), and then they gave the cells a normal amount of the vitamin which, before deficiency, was enough to maintain function. The cells, after being deficient in b2, now required a significant amount of excess b2 to function to the same extent they did before. I wonder if this is why I need (what I'd consider to be) huge doses of vitamin B3 which I could never get from food alone.
Oh that makes a lot of sense to me. I do think when we’ve depleted it’s probably much more work to become replete than just meeting RDA’s. & this is just my opinion, I do think Peaty people have a tendency to overdo it on some of the b vitamins & then not others. I understand the concerns about methylation, but it is an entire part of our metabolic process, & it seems to me that relegating it to the sidelines isn’t always good. That’s been my experience at least. I think getting our structures to work as they should, after depletion due to dieting, exercising, pollution, environmental factors, stress, etc is a challenge.

Oh that makes a lot of sense to me. I do think when we’ve depleted it’s probably much more work to become replete than just meeting RDA’s. & this is just my opinion, I do think Peaty people have a tendency to overdo it on some of the b vitamins & then not others. I understand the concerns about methylation, but it is an entire part of our metabolic process, & it seems to me that relegating it to the sidelines isn’t always good. That’s been my experience at least. I think getting our structures to work as they should, after depletion due to dieting, exercising, pollution, environmental factors, stress, etc is a challenge.
I agree with that.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
A new study on thiamine and IBD confirms the vitamin angle again. It is focusing on fatigue, but I think there was functional improvement as well. Interestingly, this time the trial used up to 1,800mg daily unlike the previous trials with B1 and IBD, which used up to 600mg.
Nice! Thanks @haidut!

Hairfedup

This might be right up my street, I've been taking niacinamide for my liver enzymes but hopefully it works in conjunction with the antibiotics/florassist [kindly recommended to me on the forum] to treat my issues. My antibiotics haven't arrived yet but the florassist is working surprisingly well. Only been taking the niacinamide for two days now though.

PolishSun

symptoms of low stomach acid are related to impaired digestion, increased susceptibility to infection, and reduced absorption of nutrients from food. Symptoms may include:

• bloating
  • burping
  • upset stomach
  • nausea when taking vitamins and supplements
  • heartburn
  • diarrhea
  • gas
  • desire to eat when not hungry
  • indigestion
  • hair loss
  • undigested food in stool
  • weak, brittle fingernails
  • fatigue
  • GI infections
  • iron deficiency anemia
  • deficiencies of other minerals, such as vitamin B-12, calcium, and magnesium
  • protein deficiency
  • neurological issues, such as numbness, tingling, and vision changes

Chai-jin

Fascinating thanks for this. Will try upping niacin for from nowhere horrible digestive issues and LPR.

bluefish

I currently have a digestion issue going on. Leading up to now, I had a lot of the low stomach acid symptoms… I was trying to include aspirin as a daily supplement and I think it helped to upset my digestion. I’m currently dealing w ibs symptoms. I cut out a lot of foods such as dairy etc.
So I came on here looking for some answers. What I gather is..:
- including beef gelatin in my diet should help
- niacinamide @ 500mg 3-4x day
- full array of B vit (such as idealab’s energin)
- thiamine (idk what’s a good daily dose)
- zinc, and magnesium and other supportive vit/minerals

My plan is to start doing 500mg of niacinamide 4x daily, include beef gelatin daily in my diet, order energin and use that as needed.

I’m assuming my condition flared up due to stress… I’m currently trying to increase my temp and pulse and taking cytoplus / cytomel… but concerned to up my daily dose if I’m not able to get enough nutrition. I’d really like to figure out how to avoid this ever happening again because I really hate feeling impaired in this way.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful. This thread, in theory seemed very helpful.

FrostedShores

I currently have a digestion issue going on. Leading up to now, I had a lot of the low stomach acid symptoms… I was trying to include aspirin as a daily supplement and I think it helped to upset my digestion. I’m currently dealing w ibs symptoms. I cut out a lot of foods such as dairy etc.
So I came on here looking for some answers. What I gather is..:
- including beef gelatin in my diet should help
- niacinamide @ 500mg 3-4x day
- full array of B vit (such as idealab’s energin)
- thiamine (idk what’s a good daily dose)
- zinc, and magnesium and other supportive vit/minerals

My plan is to start doing 500mg of niacinamide 4x daily, include beef gelatin daily in my diet, order energin and use that as needed.

I’m assuming my condition flared up due to stress… I’m currently trying to increase my temp and pulse and taking cytoplus / cytomel… but concerned to up my daily dose if I’m not able to get enough nutrition. I’d really like to figure out how to avoid this ever happening again because I really hate feeling impaired in this way.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful. This thread, in theory seemed very helpful.
How are things going? Any updates?

Kray

Thank you for this!!!

So my theory is that SIBO, LPR, IBS, UCC and all the other alphabet letter digestive malfunction names are nothing more than vitamin B deficiencies. Although the co-factors will of course need to be with them, and like Amazoniac et el has said, the vitamins run as a constellation.

According to my theory "SIBO-C" aka constipation SIBO is Beriberi. Due to the work of Amazoniac et el 2027(a man ahead of his time) I picked up on that thiamine deficiency(Beriberi) always presented with constipation as the norm. Then you get all other kind of wonderful deficiency symptoms along with it that people report all over the SIBO forums.

So then "SIBO-D" which is SIBO diarrhea would be Pellagra. One of the big symptoms that people report on the SIBO forums is "brain fog". Well, dementia is one of the four D's of Pellagra, dermatitis, diarrhea, dementia, and the final D, death.

So yeh that is my theory I am kicking around right now. When I started researching my theory and found someone else who figured out that Celiac "disease" might actually be Pellagra, and that Ulcerative Colitis was reversed with Niacin. That showed me I was on the right track and this should probably be investigated more thoroughly.
Hi Charlie,

Just fishing around on the forum and found this thread. Since it was a few years ago, can you provide an update on your thoughts regarding SIBO, etc and B vitamin deficiency causal effects? Any update would be appreciated.

bluefish

How are things going? Any updates?
yes actually... it probably was partly just time. I had a lot written in the above post so not sure what specifically to address. I needed to let my body heal. I wasn't sure the best foods to eat or avoid... and I definitely didn't find any solve all supplement solutions that I can remember.

among other things I was working with a Chinese medicine doctor and she helped, and also, she suggested I do a food intolerance test, it was a bit expensive, but I basically trusted her so I just did whatever she said. I was quite doubtful it would help but, after getting the results I thought it would be interesting to give it a try... so I think changing my diet around those results helped... I began to eat more balanced, less meat and more vegetables, including squash and yams ... fruit etc.

so the initial issue was pretty intense and I just needed time to heal. No idea what was going on, seems life long stress build up.
Second part was fine tuning a diet that works with my body and being much more balanced.

It seems to be working. Ive had a life long high stress, and stress related issues, but my life health (meaning Im lucky to have a healthy robust body and mind) has been basically very good despite the stress levels.
Seems Im possibly finally learning about balance and living with much less stress.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom