High Dose Niacinamide Self-Experiment.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

@youngsinatra

Have you been able to measure what effects TMG has added to your niacinamide supplementation?

To be honest, until now, no real effects felt from the TMG, but maybe it's just preventing negative side effects, that some feel after taking high amounts of niacinamide.
No flat feeling after it, so all pretty cool.

Velve921

Thought I'd share a recent experience of mine with high dose niacinamide.

I had been experimenting with low dose clonidine, 25 mcg per day, to put a big damper in my adrenaline issues. So far there were good results so I tried combining with low dose B3; 300 mg per day. I found that it wasn't stimulating like it use to be and my urination/appetite was going down a lot.

So I upped the dose over the course of a couple of days with B3 until I got to 2 grams. Unique reaction... I was very productive with extreme, heightened awareness. However, it got too intense. Ended up being uncomfortable; stimulation became too much... felt a bit woozy at times.

So, from my experience, I would concur that 50-300mg per day is a good starting dose for people experimenting for the first time.

With all that said, for lowering stress and excessive lipolysis, I by far prefer aspirin. Truly amazing stuff for me, personally.

Thought I'd share a recent experience of mine with high dose niacinamide.

I had been experimenting with low dose clonidine, 25 mcg per day, to put a big damper in my adrenaline issues. So far there were good results so I tried combining with low dose B3; 300 mg per day. I found that it wasn't stimulating like it use to be and my urination/appetite was going down a lot.

So I upped the dose over the course of a couple of days with B3 until I got to 2 grams. Unique reaction... I was very productive with extreme, heightened awareness. However, it got too intense. Ended up being uncomfortable; stimulation became too much... felt a bit woozy at times.

So, from my experience, I would concur that 50-300mg per day is a good starting dose for people experimenting for the first time.

With all that said, for lowering stress and excessive lipolysis, I by far prefer aspirin. Truly amazing stuff for me, personally.
I like aspirin's effects too, especially on my brain( I think it increases dopamine, it just makes everything more enjoyable), but it makes me so bloated.

Leo85

This is funny. I just started upping my does of niacinamide a few days ago from 1000mg to 3000mg a day.

The first day of upping my dose, a certain spot in my brain felt like it was cooling. An hour after taking it, I feel a bit happier and uplifted. I also feel like I have more energy. It's a very subtle feeling that is not like the feeling you get from a drug or caffeine.

I'm on day 3 and I'm working out like crazy such as a half primary series of ashtanga yoga that is an hour long, various situps, and I ran for 7 min on the treadmill. Now I'm at my 2nd job cleaning.

However, a week ago I did stop drinking excessive coffee and switched to green tea. I lowered my white sugar, and started eating 1 to 2 apples a day, an orange, and a banana along with regular meals . So since I believe my extra energy is from niacinamide, it also may be due to my diet change.

One other thing I noticed today, is that I feel like my skin is glowing. It may all be in my head, and I have been training myself a bit harder, but I just feel really strong and healthy.

I wonder if I should try upping the dose even more and see what happens?

Last edited:

redsun

This is funny. I just started upping my does of niacinamide a few days ago from 1000mg to 3000mg a day.

The first day of upping my dose, a certain spot in my brain felt like it was cooling. An hour after taking it, I feel a bit happier and uplifted. I also feel like I have more energy. It's a very subtle feeling that is not like the feeling you get from a drug or caffeine.

I'm on day 3 and I'm working out like crazy such as a half primary series of ashtanga yoga that is an hour long, various situps, and I ran for 7 min on the treadmill. Now I'm at my 2nd job cleaning.

However, a week ago I did stop drinking excessive coffee and switched to green tea. I lowered my white sugar, and started eating 1 to 2 apples a day, an orange, and a banana along with regular meals . So since I believe my extra energy is from niacinamide, it also may be due to my diet change.

One other thing I noticed today, is that I feel like my skin is glowing. It may all be in my head, and I have been training myself a bit harder, but I just feel really strong and healthy.

I wonder if I should try upping the dose even more and see what happens?

You will crash eventually or even soon enough from all that niacinamide by depleting methyl groups too much. It doesnt help also that you are pushing yourself harder in workouts. Be wary.

Leo85

You will crash eventually or even soon enough from all that niacinamide by depleting methyl groups too much. It doesnt help also that you are pushing yourself harder in workouts. Be wary.
That's something to think about for sure. Thanks!

Velve921

I like aspirin's effects too, especially on my brain( I think it increases dopamine, it just makes everything more enjoyable), but it makes me so bloated.
If you haven’t yet, maybe try aspirin baths. Can be very dopaminergic. Mixing with epsom salt and baking soda can be a bonus

If you haven’t yet, maybe try aspirin baths. Can be very dopaminergic. Mixing with epsom salt and baking soda can be a bonus
No, I haven't. Thanks for the suggestion! Sounds like a good way to circumvent the gut and still get some benefits from aspirin.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Quick update:

Some days I take 2 x 1 gram, some days I feel like not-taking any is more beneficial.

Niacinamide is really cool and it can make me feel like I’m on drugs, especially when I am in the 1 gram dose zone. It feels like I am shutting down any anticipation-anxiety and due to that I get a lot more done.
It also lifts my mood like crazy and I am much more funny, playful, creative in thoughts...

But some days I feel a bit cold and that I need more carbs and rest and on these days I don‘t take NAM because I feel like this is too much stimulation without enough energetic resources.

I also feel like I need a lot of starchy carbs when taking a lot of NAM - per dose of 1g NAM I consume am meal with around 100g white rice (weighed dry!) with lean ground beef or eggs and some cooked mushrooms. As well as 5oz OJ on the side.

AncestralJoy

Great thread @youngsinatra thanks for all the info from you and all who've posted here too.
I'm curious how long you did this for or if you're still going with higher doses of NAM?
Did i see in another thread you've incorporated thiamin as well more recently?
I've just started with b1 b3 at increased doses of up to 1000mg of each or so most days. I think I like the feeling though I don't know if my perceptions of how things affect me are as atuned as yours. I do notice I'm not as socially withdrawn and I have been engaging a LOT more on this forum lol. thats definitely a big and positive improvement.
I'm curious about any experience with longer term use. Though I may just continue to play by ear so to speak going on how I feel.

ChopSuey

Quick update:

Some days I take 2 x 1 gram, some days I feel like not-taking any is more beneficial.

Niacinamide is really cool and it can make me feel like I’m on drugs, especially when I am in the 1 gram dose zone. It feels like I am shutting down any anticipation-anxiety and due to that I get a lot more done.
It also lifts my mood like crazy and I am much more funny, playful, creative in thoughts...

But some days I feel a bit cold and that I need more carbs and rest and on these days I don‘t take NAM because I feel like this is too much stimulation without enough energetic resources.

I also feel like I need a lot of starchy carbs when taking a lot of NAM - per dose of 1g NAM I consume am meal with around 100g white rice (weighed dry!) with lean ground beef or eggs and some cooked mushrooms. As well as 5oz OJ on the side.

Are you still taking the TMG with it?

I don't know what the right answer to this is, but I wonder if for some people the lowering of methyl groups is actually a good thing. Dr. Hoffer prescribed some pretty high doses of nam for continued use, years to decades without TMG I believe and saw continue/accumulating benefits of doing so, according to this book.

Thinking of starting a higher dose niacimide experiment myself soon..

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Are you still taking the TMG with it?

I don't know what the right answer to this is, but I wonder if for some people the lowering of methyl groups is actually a good thing. Dr. Hoffer prescribed some pretty high doses of nam for continued use, years to decades without TMG I believe and saw continue/accumulating benefits of doing so, according to this book.

Thinking of starting a higher dose niacimide experiment myself soon..
Yes I actually dropped the TMG, but kept the B3 and even increase the total amount of NAM.

I am hovering around 3g to 4.5g a day.

I read the work of Dr. Hoffer and B3 is a life-saver for me.

Jonk

Tried a dose of 8g about 30 mins ago, in increments of about 1g in about 1 hour period. I would say around the 6g dosage i started feeling a little bit depressed (delayed breathing/occasional deep breaths), heavy feeling in my head, and also increased bloodflow to face and a bit dry eyes.

TheSir

Do you find that not getting enough carbs with NAM will give you a headache? NAM has the unpredictable tendency to give me headache and I'm wondering if low blood sugar is the reason. At times the headache has disappeared with exercise.

Kray

Yes I actually dropped the TMG, but kept the B3 and even increase the total amount of NAM.

I am hovering around 3g to 4.5g a day.

I read the work of Dr. Hoffer and B3 is a life-saver for me.
And today? Still doing NAM? What dose, and any other helpful supps for the long haul that you've found necessary to mitigate any negative effects of NAM?

I've been suffering from dermatitis and took 2700mg last night (per recommendation of 35mg/kg body weight), followed by some sugar, slept well, skin not itchy at bedtime (unusual).

Thank you-

Kray

Do you find that not getting enough carbs with NAM will give you a headache? NAM has the unpredictable tendency to give me headache and I'm wondering if low blood sugar is the reason. At times the headache has disappeared with exercise.
I second that- my only notice from my first dose was a slight headache. Sugar helped.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

And today? Still doing NAM? What dose, and any other helpful supps for the long haul that you've found necessary to mitigate any negative effects of NAM?

I've been suffering from dermatitis and took 2700mg last night (per recommendation of 35mg/kg body weight), followed by some sugar, slept well, skin not itchy at bedtime (unusual).

Thank you-
No I don‘t use any B3 anymore.

It aggressively depletes methyl groups in the long-term.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals