Which Brand Of Niacin/Niacinamide Is The Best?

geneu

I used "life extension(LE)" niacin, which is great compare to "jarrow(J)" niacinamide.
I found it LE is much most anti-fungal effect because it make my athlete's foot better, less itch and flake.
When it come to J, it doesn't seem effective then LE.
However, I want to make a spray, which I can use topically.
LE Niacin just can't be dissolved in water.
What the other brand you guys may suggest / experience effectiveness ?
Thx!

OP
G

geneu

The reason why I am asking this question is because.....
When I turned to Jarrow brand niacinamide( 250mg at night)
1. I found it no flushing,
2. Poor healing on my foot.
3. Hair hair shedding seriously.

So, Will it be the anti-fungal effect make hair stronger?

keith

Healthnatura has a pure powder, if you have a scale. That's what I use, because it has no excipients. Niacinamide seems to dissolve easily in water. What doesn't dissolve may be the excipients LE uses, so you may just be able to just filter them out, assuming LE is niacinamide. If it is a different form of niacin, I couldn't answer about solubility from experience. I wasn't sure from what you wrote above. You wrote niacin, so it may be nicotinic acid, which is different from niacinamide, and might account for your different results using one vs. the other. According to what I've read, nicotinic acid seems to be water soluble, though. An extended release version might make it harder to dissolve.

OP
G

geneu

Healthnatura has a pure powder, if you have a scale. That's what I use, because it has no excipients. Niacinamide seems to dissolve easily in water. What doesn't dissolve may be the excipients LE uses, so you may just be able to just filter them out, assuming LE is niacinamide. If it is a different form of niacin, I couldn't answer about solubility from experience. I wasn't sure from what you wrote above. You wrote niacin, so it may be nicotinic acid, which is different from niacinamide, and might account for your different results using one vs. the other. According to what I've read, nicotinic acid seems to be water soluble, though. An extended release version might make it harder to dissolve.
Life Extension
Life Extension, Vitamin B3 Niacin, 500 mg, 100 Capsules

I brought this but don't know is niacinamide or not.
Seem effective on anti-fungal

keith

Life Extension
Life Extension, Vitamin B3 Niacin, 500 mg, 100 Capsules

I brought this but don't know is niacinamide or not.
Seem effective on anti-fungal

I think generally "niacin" means nicotinic acid, not niacinamide. I suspect that is why you were getting different results using the other brand, which was labeled as niacinamide. Nicotinic acid appears to be water soluble from what I gather online, so it may just be the vegetable stearate that isn't dissolving. You could call the number on the label to confirm what type of niacin it is, and whether the vegetable stearate will impact the solubility. Most nicotinic acid I have seen comes with a warning that it may cause flushing, which I don't see on that product, but that may not mean anything. If it is nicotinic acid that is working for you, I would suggest looking for a pure powder without excipients, which should dissolve easily in water, so you can make a spray. Because nicotinic acid causes flushing, they often add things to slow absorption to reduce that flushing; I assume those things can impact solubility, but am no chemistry expert.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals