Mouth Ulcers From Supplements

Tenacity

I'd like to experiment with niacinamide, but every time I use it I end up getting mouth ulcers about a week later. This happened with pregnenolone too. I thought maybe it was the excipients in the pregnenolone but the niacinamide supplement I'm using lists only gelatin, water (the capsule) and niacinamide as ingredients. I usually open the capsule and put the powder into milk. Does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening and what I can do to prevent it from happening? I'd try different brands but I'm a bit fearful the issue is with me rather than the supplement, seeing as this has happened with two different substances. If it helps, it was Life Extension's pregnenolone and Tudimo Nutrition's niacinamide. Thanks.

Diokine

This is probably from glucocorticoid antagonism and subsequent immune activation/infiltration. Do you get enough full-spectrum light? Are you supplementing vitamin D? Do you sleep well? How is your digestion? Do you consume a lot of dairy? If so does it taste good?

OP
Tenacity

Tenacity

This is probably from glucocorticoid antagonism and subsequent immune activation/infiltration.

If this were true, wouldn't I have the same problem with aspirin?

I supplement vitamin D, dairy is fine and one of my favourite foods, digestion appears to be fine. The only issues there are sleep and light; I have hyperadrenergic POTS which results in insomnia and poor sleep, usually resulting in rising in the afternoon, such that I don't get much natural light. It's getting colder out, too.

Diokine

If this were true, wouldn't I have the same problem with aspirin?

Yes aspirin use may contribute to formation and maintenance of oral tissue ulceration. One way glucocorticoids work is by modulating immune function, and one aspect of this is TNF-alpha antagonism.

Aspirin ingestion impairs oral mucosal ulcer healing by inducing membrane-bound tumor necrosis factor-alpha release.
Our findings indicate that the impairment in buccal ulcer healing by aspirin is a result of upregulation in the processing of soluble TNF-alpha from its membrane-bound precursor that leads to the amplification of apoptotic events and potentiation of the mucosal inflammatory responses that interfere with healing process.

Are you getting enough magnesium, potassium, sodium? Do you get back pain regularly? One aspect of adrenergic fatigue/hypersensitivity is lymph stagnation which can manifest as back pain. Activation of skeletal muscle and coordinated movement is very therapeutic here.

OP
Tenacity

Tenacity

Aspirin never gave me this problem, and I was using it around the same time I used pregnenolone. I don't use it any more.

With potatoes, milk and orange juice and supplemental salt as staples in my diet I suspect I'm getting enough of the alkali minerals. No back pain.

Peatful

This is probably from glucocorticoid antagonism and subsequent immune activation/infiltration. Do you get enough full-spectrum light? Are you supplementing vitamin D? Do you sleep well? How is your digestion? Do you consume a lot of dairy? If so does it taste good?
So when dairy tastes weird....
That means?
Thx @Diokine

Ras

Ever since I started taking high doses of chondroitin sulfate, I do not get aphthous ulcers. I would always get them after biting my lip or cheek, or after eating certain foods, but that no longer happens. I've bitten my lip and cheek several times since I started high doses of chondroitin sulfate, and the wounds simply never become ulcers. They never become anything, nor do I notice them after the bite. It's pretty remarkable, because all my life I could count on a week or two of obnoxious irritation in my mouth every time I bit my lip or cheek, but no more.

It seems to be essential for the healing of soft tissues. Below are links on the cardiovascular benefits of chondroitin sulfate.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals