Bait And Switch From Amazon - Beware!

sladerunner69

The way Peat recommends to take aspirin tablets is to dissolve them in a warm glass of water. The excipients are dense and float yo the bottom, while sallycic acid is fairly water soluble. Wait for the excipients to settle at the bottom of the glass and drink the water, or even better, pour the water slowly into another glass, removing most of the excipients from the water entirely.

Another option is to buy bulk pure powderred aspirin, such as horse aspirin. Be careful to measure each dosage correctly.

Rafe

Hi Marg. The horse aspirin is great. I'm just finishing a 1 lb tub of Aniprin P I got a year and a half ago. Dan has done a great job with investigating brands & sources & posted on toxinless. Com. I recently got another pound that comes in a bag. I got them on Amazon, but there are online pet suppliers you can order from.
The vet aspirin is much purer (no excipients listed) than that packaged for humans b/c horse owners don't want to kill their pets/investments. Just pay attention to the label b/c many are apple-flavored.:grin
Forgot: in US the Dollar General stores also carry a cheap off-brand of tablets that have only corn starch & cellulose listed.

Elysium

Buying an animal intended aspirin manufactured by a no name Chinese manufacturer (they all are) is pure and utter insanity. There was already a thread here on this topic.

L

lollipop

Buying an animal intended aspirin manufactured by a no name Chinese manufacturer (they all are) is pure and utter insanity. There was already a thread here on this topic.
Not sure if it is insanity :): THAT said my compass agrees, I prefer and feel safer choosing the GeriCare brand in US. I have ordered from Amazon several times with no problem. I do choose the Amazon delivers or fulfilled by Amazon option as mentioned above so never really have problems. Also fwiw, I never dissolve the tabs. I take two 325mg tabs with an 8 ounce class of 2% milk and have NEVER had stomach problems.

whodathunkit

Once he's gone, Amazon is naturally just going to turn into a faceless large corporation without a soul. And Bezos will be turning in his grave.
It already is turning into that, while he's fellating Hollywood and focusing on everything except his foundational retail. He won't be turning in his grave...all he has to do is *turn around* and there it is.

its so easy to whim shop and buy really niche items. Like I bought the top of the top Japanese brand nail clipper the other day, perfect Japanese metal. I wouldn't be able to find such a unique thing without Amazon.
To be fair, there's still this.

But there HAVE been many changes for the worse, and prices on items I used to get a deep discount have gone way, way up. I rarely buy supplements there any more, for instance, because I can get them for the same prices or cheaper elsewhere. THAT is not necessarily Bezo's fault...other retailers and some vendors have ganged up to disallow Amazon retail of certain items or simply to make them keep prices up.

But whatever he did to cut the middle man and allow other country's vendors straight access to Amazon's retail customers has drastically increased the chances of getting a very poor quality item or an outright fraud. This has happened to me quite frequently in the last year or so, to the point that it's made me leery of buying many types of items that I used to buy frequently.

I used to buy from Amazon every single day, too. But it's been several weeks since I've bought anything. It's just not my go-to any more, except for books.

And the price of Kindle books is now getting to the point where they're more than print. Which is even more infuriating considering the overhead for ebooks *should* be drastically less than for print. But instead Bezos has worked a deal with publishers to lease their crappy popular fiction content and other less desirable titles for dirt cheap into his lousy "KindleUnlimited" scheme, and colluded with them to jack up the prices for ebooks that are actually worth something. For example, try getting any titles still in copyright that are listed on a top 100 classic reading list from "KindleUnlimited". Or try getting a useful reference book, etc. I cancelled my Kindle Unlimited trial after *one hour* because after searching titles I realized there was nothing in there I was going to read.

I liked Amazon best when I could almost unquestioningly trust the quality of what I ordered, and the prices of what I bought were better than regular retail. Neither of those conditions are true any more. I'm increasingly questioning the value of my Prime subscription and may cancel it one day soon. It was such a great thing for so long and such a big part of my consumer experience that I'm having trouble unweaning myself from it. But with each poor quality order received, each favorite removed from Prime video, and escalating Kindle ebook sticker shock, it's becoming easier to get used to the idea of an Prime-free life. Don't need Prime to shop Amazon...Prime is the convenience angle, and must be used frequently for it to be worthwhile. If I start using Amazon only 3-4x per year to shop, it's not worthwhile. Just have to see how it goes, I guess.

Diokine

The aspirin I bought for my horses off Amazon says it was made in Lenexa, KS.

yerrag

It already is turning into that, while he's fellating Hollywood and focusing on everything except his foundational retail. He won't be turning in his grave...all he has to do is *turn around* and there it is.

To be fair, there's still this.

But there HAVE been many changes for the worse, and prices on items I used to get a deep discount have gone way, way up. I rarely buy supplements there any more, for instance, because I can get them for the same prices or cheaper elsewhere. THAT is not necessarily Bezo's fault...other retailers and some vendors have ganged up to disallow Amazon retail of certain items or simply to make them keep prices up.

But whatever he did to cut the middle man and allow other country's vendors straight access to Amazon's retail customers has drastically increased the chances of getting a very poor quality item or an outright fraud. This has happened to me quite frequently in the last year or so, to the point that it's made me leery of buying many types of items that I used to buy frequently.

I used to buy from Amazon every single day, too. But it's been several weeks since I've bought anything. It's just not my go-to any more, except for books.

And the price of Kindle books is now getting to the point where they're more than print. Which is even more infuriating considering the overhead for ebooks *should* be drastically less than for print. But instead Bezos has worked a deal with publishers to lease their crappy popular fiction content and other less desirable titles for dirt cheap into his lousy "KindleUnlimited" scheme, and colluded with them to jack up the prices for ebooks that are actually worth something. For example, try getting any titles still in copyright that are listed on a top 100 classic reading list from "KindleUnlimited". Or try getting a useful reference book, etc. I cancelled my Kindle Unlimited trial after *one hour* because after searching titles I realized there was nothing in there I was going to read.

I liked Amazon best when I could almost unquestioningly trust the quality of what I ordered, and the prices of what I bought were better than regular retail. Neither of those conditions are true any more. I'm increasingly questioning the value of my Prime subscription and may cancel it one day soon. It was such a great thing for so long and such a big part of my consumer experience that I'm having trouble unweaning myself from it. But with each poor quality order received, each favorite removed from Prime video, and escalating Kindle ebook sticker shock, it's becoming easier to get used to the idea of an Prime-free life. Don't need Prime to shop Amazon...Prime is the convenience angle, and must be used frequently for it to be worthwhile. If I start using Amazon only 3-4x per year to shop, it's not worthwhile. Just have to see how it goes, I guess.
It's good to have a heads up on these. What items have you bought from Amazon that don't measure up?

The one thing I've come to rely on less lately is the review system. Too many five stars made by people who aren't critical enough. I always have to look at comments from the one stars. But then, they still aren't critical either but are full of nits if not are cases of RTFM.

Take the case of those digital thermometers that purports to give you temp readings in 10 seconds. I can't get one reviewer to tell me if they've actually tested the unit well enough by checking if the reading would still be going up after every succeeding minute.

I ended having to buy one similar unit, an Omron model, and I got a good stable reading after 6 minutes, yet it was advertised at 25 seconds.

This isn't Amazon's fault though. A nice review system made bad by uncritical users. Certainly there are many good reviewers, such as for expensive devices that attract fervent appraisers, but mundane stuff like digital thermometers don't get these types of reviewers.

But I mean, aren't these makers of these "quick yet uselessly inaccurate" thermometers guilty of false advertising and yet they're not being issued a "cease and desist" order?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals