Supplement Dosages

messtafarian

I'm wondering if we could start some kind of cheat sheet that lists supplement dosages since lately these have been kind of confounding me.

For example, reading Peat has convinced me that pregnenolone is beneficial however I had no idea that people were using it in the amounts I later read about on this board. I've been using about 25mg a day where people are getting results at 150mg per day.

Likewise something like thiamin, which has an RDA of 100mg but therapeutic dosages are much, much higher. I had an experience recently where I went to buy thiamine and could only find a bottle of "b-100" at the store: it had 225 percent RDA of thiamine but ALSO 225 percent RDA of b6, so megadosing with that product could be dangerous.

The fat soluble vitamins can be really confusing. It is possible to experience toxicity from these but I've been confused about how much is too much and how much is actually too low to be effective.

There are also synergistic effects from supplementing - for example taking too much vitamin D can have very detrimental effects if not taken with the other fat soluble vitamins.

Progesterone is essentially nontoxic but there doesn't seem to be anything published about what doses are therapeutic. I couldn't really even say how much I use, just basically - some, every day.

What do you think?

answersfound

These are my ratios:

I take this combo on even days:
25,000 IU vitamin A
5,000 IU vitamin D
400 IU vitamin E
90 mcg vitamin K

I take this combo on odd days:
Zinc 30 mg
Copper 2 mg

Everyones needs are certainly different but the ratios should be the same for everyone. From my research I believe these are correct

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals