Thyroid Tablets Supplement From IBSA ( Italy )

Wilfrid

Hi all,

I will soon try a new thyroid supplement called TIROIDE from IBSA ( the same manufacturer of TIROSINT and LIOTIR ), it's a combination of t4 and t3 with an interesting T4/T3 ratio.
In Italy, there is two versions of it ( with different concentration of T4 and T3, but with the same ratio between the two hormones ):

(I) TIROIDE 19,54 mcg + 5,69 mcg per tablet ( 50 tablets ).
/////
( II) TIROIDE 74mcg + 21,40 mcg per tablet ( 25 tablets ).

I plan to use the low dose version of it by taking half of a tablet three times a day with my meals. I will let you know how it goes.

Here is the list of the excipients:

Calcium phosphate dihydrate, sodium carboxymethylamide (?), magnesium stearate and cellulose microcrystalline.

( In italian ): Fosfato di calcio bibasico diidrato, sodio carbossimetilamido, magnesio stearato, cellulosa microcristallina.

@Such_Saturation, please correct me if the above translation of the excipients are false.

Last edited:
OP
W

Wilfrid

BTW, has anyone ever tried this thyroid supplement before?
If so, please feel free to post on this thread.

Hi,

I believe sodio carbossimetilamido would be sodium carboxymethyl starch, or sodium starch glycolate.

Antonello

Hi all,

I will soon try a new thyroid supplement called TIROIDE from IBSA ( the same manufacturer of TIROSINT and LIOTIR ), it's a combination of t4 and t3 with an interesting T4/T3 ratio.
In Italy, there is two versions of it ( with different concentration of T4 and T3, but with the same ratio between the two hormones ):

(I) TIROIDE 19,54 mcg + 5,69 mcg per tablet ( 50 tablets ).
/////
( II) TIROIDE 74mcg + 21,40 mcg per tablet ( 25 tablets ).

I plan to use the low dose version of it by taking half of a tablet three times a day with my meals. I will let you know how it goes.

Here is the list of the excipients:

Calcium phosphate dihydrate, sodium carboxymethylamide (?), magnesium stearate and cellulose microcrystalline.

( In italian ): Fosfato di calcio bibasico diidrato, sodio carbossimetilamido, magnesio stearato, cellulosa microcristallina.

@Such_Saturation, please correct me if the above translation of the excipients are false.
Hello Wilfrid how was your experience with IBSA?

OP
W

Wilfrid

Hello Wilfrid how was your experience with IBSA?
I'm feeling very good on it. I'm just taking 1/8 of a tablet in the morning but I am still searching for even lower concentration of T3. I have contacted an italian compounding pharmacy to get 2,5 mg of porcine thyroid ( yielding around 0,3275 mcg of T3 ) extract per serving. I should get the product within days.

Hi, it seems IBSA is stopping the combo thyroid product and there is a petition from Italian hypothyroid people because of this.

Signez la pétition

OP
W

Wilfrid

Hi, it seems IBSA is stopping the combo thyroid product and there is a petition from Italian hypothyroid people because of this.

Signez la pétition
During my last trip in Italy, a pharmacist told me about this. I think that it must be, unfortunately, true. It seems that there is only one batch left available nationwide.
@Antonello, what are the lot number and the expiration date of your product? Is it by any chance the following: 18401 // 07/19 ?

Last edited:

Antonello

During my last trip in Italy, a pharmacist told me about this. I think that it must be, unfortunately, true. It seems that there is only one batch left available nationwide.
@Antonello, what are the lot number and the expiration date of your product? Is it by any chance the following: 18401 // 07/19 ?
Lot 18403
Exp 03/2020

Back
Top Bottom