experimenting With supplements

Raypmom

I have been using supplements, and discarding the gelatin capsule. There's no need for the capsule itself,
I'm assuming.

My question is, is this safe to do in the long run. I just dissolve in water and wash it down. Mostly safe excipients like rice flour etc. I figured it's okay since I don't eat any other form of starch. Anything else I should be concerned with?

Also, I have been doing some self experimentation lately with oral vitamin D3 supplement and vit K2 in the pill form. Any important highlights that you think is useful to me would be appreciated or some reading material (links) I have done some reading, but I figured if I don't do :arrow: experimenting I won't know the right questions to ask. Thank you

BingDing

I've never heard of anything broadly wrong with supplements, except RP says vitamin C supplements can't be trusted. He does warn of allergens and irritants in supplements, but that depends on the quality of the supplement used and the person.

For me, I feel that relying on the corporate food chain for nutrition is folly and I supplement almost everything, as I feel I need it.

RP's advice about vitamin D corresponds with the Vitamin D Council, and as far as I can see it is very difficult to get enough without supplementing and equally difficult to get too much without massively over supplementing. 4,000 IU per day is safe and if one is deficient then overdosing of 20,000 IU per day for two weeks is safe and may be necessary. There are some threads on the forum about it, one member is adamantly opposed to supplementing D. He doesn't make any sense to me.

There are a couple threads about Vitamin K2, the MK4 version, Thorne brand is the right one. The Japanese use 45 mg/day routinely, IIRC, and no study has ever shown any danger.

Hope that helps.

OP
R

Raypmom

BingDing said:
I've never heard of anything broadly wrong with supplements, except RP says vitamin C supplements can't be trusted. He does warn of allergens and irritants in supplements, but that depends on the quality of the supplement used and the person.

For me, I feel that relying on the corporate food chain for nutrition is folly and I supplement almost everything, as I feel I need it.

RP's advice about vitamin D corresponds with the Vitamin D Council, and as far as I can see it is very difficult to get enough without supplementing and equally difficult to get too much without massively over supplementing. 4,000 IU per day is safe and if one is deficient then overdosing of 20,000 IU per day for two weeks is safe and may be necessary. There are some threads on the forum about it, one member is adamantly opposed to supplementing D. He doesn't make any sense to me.

There are a couple threads about Vitamin K2, the MK4 version, Thorne brand is the right one. The Japanese use 45 mg/day routinely, IIRC, and no study has ever shown any danger.

Hope that helps.

Thank you, that helps a lot.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals