Avoiding The Silicon Dioxide In This Progesterone Supp

SQu

I've gone and spent good money on a progesterone supp, (and also a pregnenolone one), that I later found have silicon dioxide. :shock: Before I knew, I noticed the powder in the capsule hurt my mouth when rubbed on with vit e oil. Checking all my supps for this and avoiding the culprits is having an effect on how I feel, so it's worth avoiding. Now I'm trying to think of a way to still use the bottle I have but avoiding the silicon dioxide.
I thought of dissolving in oil, then filtering through a coffee filter, but on researching the idea it seems the progesterone may easily precipitate and be left behind on the filter. How about rubbing it, in vit e oil, on skin not in mouth, hopefully in this way leaving the silicon dioxide on the skin surface to wash or rub off later?
I haven't yet got to grips with the issues on the pregnenolone, maybe a similar approach?
I did run a search on this topic, got the info above, but not an answer to my question( unless I missed something)

Mittir

I believe these are mostly nano particles. Some form of silicon dioxides are not in
nano size. Supplements bottle do not mention the size of the particle.
Here is a quote from http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/

Silica, fumed
powder, 0.2-0.3 μm avg. part. size (aggregate)
Synonym: Silica, Silicic anhydride, Silicon dioxide amorphous, Silicon dioxide

Silicon dioxide
nanopowder, 10-20 nm particle size (BET), 99.5% trace metals basis
Synonym: Silica, Silicon dioxide

Silicon dioxide
~99%, 0.5-10 μm (approx. 80% between 1-5 μm)
Synonym: Quartz, Sand, white quartz, Silicon dioxide

Progesterone is soluble in vitamin E. You can try dissolving
progesterone powder in vitamin E in the progest-e proportion and see if silicon
dioxide precipitate at the bottom. Unfortunately, pregnenolone is not soluble in
vitamin E and barely soluble in oil. There are studies that claim that
nano particles Titanium Dioxide in sun screens are not absorbed through skin.
If the size of the silicon dioxides are larger, in micro meters, then coffee filter
can remove those particles. According to wikipedia coffee filters usually allow
particle size less then 10-15 micro meter. If you want to experiment,
you can dissolve the the progesterone in vitamin E, then use coffee filter
to see if it removes silicon dioxide and apply it on skin. There is consensus
that inhalation of nano particles are toxic. I totally avoid silicon dioxide in
supplements.

I find it hard to believe that something so fine wouldn't be water soluble!

OP
SQu

SQu

Thank you Mittir. I will try a capsule and see what happens. After that bad news, the upside is the local maker of the B vits I take adds nothing to the capsule. Nothing. What a win. I'm trying to get progesterone from them now, and pregnenolone. And everything, actually!

OP
SQu

SQu

It worked. I used vit e oil. A day later it was clear oil on top, white sludge below, not stirred up easily, so easy to leave behind. Trying now with my d3 supp in olive oil.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals