Niacin Therapy For Hair Regrowth

ilhanxx

my regimen changes,

morning 80 mg topical setipiprant

evening 0,05 gr minoxidil sulphate with cologne+dmso (not ppg)

before bed drink half tablespoon castor oil (also help gut and digestion)

we are in turkish forums, we are opposite to antiandrogens (oral or topical- because scalp is highly vasculer)

generally antioxidant and prostaglandin protocol, my progress is below, in this progress contain

only morning topical 75 mg seti evening 75 mg seti (ethyl alcohol with glycerin)

before 9 month ago https://i.hizliresim.com/zGR9PO.jpg

after 4 month ago https://i.hizliresim.com/DOXpNZ.jpg

last and now https://i.hizliresim.com/P73mX6.jpg

hairloss is so complicated, every ingredient can not be effective for everyone, skull theory, prostaglandin, wnt pathways, skin thinning,

I can advice for everyone, everyday you use moisturizer cream for scalp, because humidity reduction can decrease anagen phase in the follicle bed. madegassol is a good one.

sorry for grammer and pronounciation

D

danishispsychic

How does each affect your hair?
The Lugols gets rid of any gunk, make hair shine, grow. Food grade DE, shines and grows and no frizz ( silica ) Molasses , makes it stronger , Red Light - lots o on this forum about it- I got mine from Life Giving Store and love it , not sure how the Castor Oil works - but it does. Probably some Edgar Cayce magic or something. It re grew my late 90s plucked Grew Stefani brows.

OP
S

Scenes

I think the niacin therapy is basically what everyone on this forum is aiming for anyway. High metabolism, consistently high body temps, no omega 3 fats and plenty of sunlight.

He recommends some metabolic boosters like caffeine, taurine, aspirin to help kickstart the metabolism in the early evening and let it run hot for the next few days if not interrupted by bad fats.

Apple pectin is a key supplement to help produce butyric acid in the gut and ensure the metabolism runs hot throughout the night.

Also recommends topical iodine to help detoxify the cells locally.

Hair regrowth is supposedly one of the hardest health goals to achieve as it’s one of the first to go when anything is wrong. Need the metabolism and gut to be in great health for a consistent period as well as getting plenty of sunlight before regrowth will occur.

ShotTrue

How do you mean his reading tone?
He starts with like 4 pages of how unimportant hairloss should be in terms of your image or value with his own story, then just the way he talks it sounds like he is saying something to fill in a gap, like he doesn't actually know what he is talking about. I like the book, I felt the hairloss chapter was written in a different tone, and I find it odd his idea of how to reverse androgenetic alopecia was completely different from anything I've read on any forum or study

I can't remember though I thought he also said he used iodine topically on the scalp which has some merit

ShotTrue

Hair regrowth is supposedly one of the hardest health goals to achieve as it’s one of the first to go when anything is wrong. Need the metabolism and gut to be in great health for a consistent period as well as getting plenty of sunlight before regrowth will occur.

I agree with that. Anyone susceptible to hairloss can see it from stress, any hormome imbalance, chronic inflammation from a poor diet. You really need to get everything in order to see results

OP
S

Scenes

So if excess tryptophan and quinolinic acid in hair follicles is the cause of hair loss, how do we reduce/remove it?

Nathan Hatch suggests his niacin therapy. Is there another way? Taking niacinamide won’t be the cure as, even though it’s the end product we want, it doesn’t deal with the excess tryptophan build up in the hair follicle.

@Cirion tagging you for your outright hatred of tryptophan! How to slay it?

DrJ

I've read through most of his book. It's really interesting and has some great insights. I am actually trying his suggestion of taking apple pectin to restore good gut flora right now. Good gut flora is supposed to increase the conversion of tryptophan to niacin, and also increase endogenous production of the B-vitamins. So far it is going really well after one week. My stomach feels much calmer. I actually really like the taste of the apple pectin. I think it's too early to say if I'm seeing the results of 'niacin therapy' though.

jacob

I've read through most of his book. It's really interesting and has some great insights. I am actually trying his suggestion of taking apple pectin to restore good gut flora right now. Good gut flora is supposed to increase the conversion of tryptophan to niacin, and also increase endogenous production of the B-vitamins. So far it is going really well after one week. My stomach feels much calmer. I actually really like the taste of the apple pectin. I think it's too early to say if I'm seeing the results of 'niacin therapy' though.

Are you using an apple pectin powder? If so, how are you using it? I had trouble mixing it into most things.

DrJ

@jacob I mix it into orange juice. Like you say, it doesn't mix very well so I eat the clumps out with a spoon. Mainly you want to get it wet so the powder isn't getting into your sinuses.

Mossy

Thanks for sharing. It will be interesting to see how far you get with this. I know I’ve read some place that Peat is against pectin—I just don’t remember if it’s in the natural, supplemental, or both forms. Are you aware of this? If you are, I’d be curious to know if you considered this, but concluded the pro-hair effects you’re attempting to get out of this niacin therapy seemed to be of more value.

jacob

@jacob I mix it into orange juice. Like you say, it doesn't mix very well so I eat the clumps out with a spoon. Mainly you want to get it wet so the powder isn't getting into your sinuses.

Great, I’ll try that. Thank you!

DrJ

@Mossy I've generally avoided fiber like the plague and with better results that eating fiber in general. So I was pretty hesitant to start downing fiber like this. I have read some of Peat's statements on pectin and his advocating that a sterile gut is best. He may be right about that, but achieving it in practice seems unattainable.

However, I have more or less reasoned the following: I think it must be near impossible to keep a sterile gut unless you have constant access to antibiotics or perhaps can keep your temps very high always and avoid stress. Neither are realistic for most people, and definitely not myself. So next, if I will not have a sterile gut, then I at least want beneficial bacteria. Apple pectin appears to only feed/support beneficial bacteria and as a by-product a lot of butyric acid is produced from it, which is the primary energy source for cells lining the gut, which is quite beneficial to maintaining a healthy, low-permeable gut. Also, I suspect raw fruit is actually our most natural food, so it seems reasonable that we might 'get along' with one of fruit's most common fibers: pectin.

But I started this for better gut health (which so far seems to be working) and didn't realize about the hair component until I saw this thread. Will let you know how it goes.

Inaut

I was actually thinking about how impractical it is to keep a sterile gut this morning when I woke up (first thought pretty much) and then i read your bit about pectin @DrJ :) I took pectin in the past when I was into pre/probiotics but never noticed much difference... health wasn't near optimal back then. I just looked up pectin content of apples/oranges/potatoes. My issue with obtaining pectin from fruits is it sounds like skins need to be eaten as they have the highest content of pectin but apple skins destroy my bowels.....
I think its worth experimenting again with pectin. how much do you take in OJ? A tsp or tsbp?

DrJ

@Inaut the suggestion from the book was to take several days of big dose then settle on a smaller daily dose. I did 15g the first 3 days, then have settled on 7g/day since.

Mossy

@Mossy I've generally avoided fiber like the plague and with better results that eating fiber in general. So I was pretty hesitant to start downing fiber like this. I have read some of Peat's statements on pectin and his advocating that a sterile gut is best. He may be right about that, but achieving it in practice seems unattainable.

However, I have more or less reasoned the following: I think it must be near impossible to keep a sterile gut unless you have constant access to antibiotics or perhaps can keep your temps very high always and avoid stress. Neither are realistic for most people, and definitely not myself. So next, if I will not have a sterile gut, then I at least want beneficial bacteria. Apple pectin appears to only feed/support beneficial bacteria and as a by-product a lot of butyric acid is produced from it, which is the primary energy source for cells lining the gut, which is quite beneficial to maintaining a healthy, low-permeable gut. Also, I suspect raw fruit is actually our most natural food, so it seems reasonable that we might 'get along' with one of fruit's most common fibers: pectin.

But I started this for better gut health (which so far seems to be working) and didn't realize about the hair component until I saw this thread. Will let you know how it goes.
That’s interesting to see how this is helping your gut, so far. I may have to try this. I have an unopened bottle of apple pectin that I’ve avoided, but as someone with a poor gut as well, it may be worth a shot. Then on to niacinamide, for hair and other benefits, if all goes well. If I have anything worth reporting, I’ll do just that.

GorillaHead

You mother****** have cured me Hollyshit!

So I’ve made multiple post about my IBD and it’s relationship to niacin. Megadoses cure me of ulcerative colitis symptoms instantly. But over time the does give me myopathy.

High dose Methylene blue completely remedies the myopathy but puts me back in flare. Maybe due to serotonin, after all Niacin, tryptophan and sertonin have a huge part to play in gut bacteria and the colon. IMO at least.

One day I am reading this forum and I read about u guys mentioning Apple pectin.

So I figured my approach needs to be more localized as a systematic approach causes problems else where.

I now supplement pectin. It’s been 4 days I am back to zero IBD symptoms and shits amazing and I feel amazingly strong and libido is too good. I thought a lot of the myopathy problems were due to finasteride guess not.

I love this forum

Last edited:

Spondive

You mother****** have cured me Hollyshit!

So I’ve made multiple post about my IBD and it’s relationship to niacin. Megadoses cure me of ulcerative colitis symptoms instantly. But over time the does give me myopathy.

High dose Methylene blue completely remedies the myopathy but puts me back in flare. Maybe due to serotonin, after all Niacin, tryptophan and sertonin have a huge part to play in gut bacteria and the colon. IMO at least.

One day I am reading this forum and I read about u guys mentioning Apple pectin.

So I figured my approach needs to be more localized as a systematic approach causes problems else where.

I now supplement pectin. It’s been 4 days I am back to zero IBD symptoms and shits amazing and I feel amazingly strong and libido is too good. I thought a lot of the myopathy problems were due to finasteride guess not.

I love this forum
Which pectin supplement and how much?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals