Nasa's Moon Landing Hoax

Richiebogie

Ray Peat writes of many falsehoods which have been believed and become part of the culture. Some of these were deliberate frauds or hoaxes, but only a few people were ever aware of the hoax.

Until the moon landing is routinely replicated, like Edmund Hilary's climb of Everest, or the Wright Brothers flight at Kitty Hawk, we should be dubious.

I challenge the believers to grab some curtain rods and a Casio watch and land on the moon themselves!

While you are there, can I trouble you to take a photo of the night sky? The budget didn't cover this last time!

bobbybobbob

If the Apollo program was a hoax you'd think they could have done it a lot cheaper. Do you have any idea how much money was spent? It was something crazy like 17% of the entire federal budget for years running (don't quote me). Literally thousands of men spent five years sleeping under their desks and getting divorced while working for below market wages. (No joke, the divorce rate was sky high.)

I can almost understand the conspiracy theories as a reaction against what actually happened. Thousands and thousands of men and women were deeply inspired by a cause and worked themselves to the bone, and not for money. The wages were low. They wanted to put a man on the moon. And they did it. Nobody got rich. They just wanted to put a man on the moon.

This demonstration of the idea that a large group of people can be powerfully motivated by a non-renumerative cause is disturbing and dangerous to a lot of people. Crusade and Jihad are dirty words in the modern world. We're all just supposed to be homo-economicus, rationally padding accounts.

DaveFoster

Maybe you have a point. Have you checked Lord Christopher Monckton videos on youtube? He explains this in an organized evidence-based manner.
I have not. I look into it. I've seen one of Stefan Molyneux's videos on it though, where he interviews a climatologist; I can't remember the scientist's name.

Ray Peat writes of many falsehoods which have been believed and become part of the culture. Some of these were deliberate frauds or hoaxes, but only a few people were ever aware of the hoax.

Until the moon landing is routinely replicated, like Edmund Hilary's climb of Everest, or the Wright Brothers flight at Kitty Hawk, we should be dubious.

I challenge the believers to grab some curtain rods and a Casio watch and land on the moon themselves!

While you are there, can I trouble you to take a photo of the night sky? The budget didn't cover this last time!
Why would the moon landing be fake? It's obviously possible to put someone on the moon with an oxygen tank.

narouz

I can enjoy a good conspiracy theory.
A problem, for me, though,
is a pattern that often emerges related to conspiracy theories:
that Jews are the Moriarity behind a lot of them.

So far, blessedly, not the Fake Moon Landing Theory.
As far as I know.

Favoring Poincaré's deductive approach... not very Peatish...

haidut

Forum Supporter
How

How much coconut oil do you think it would take to reverse Non alcoholic fatty liver? Or any fibrosis Thanks!

The study used about 50g coconut/palm oil daily for 2 weeks to reverse the fibrosis and then another 4 weeks of heavy drinking while eating the coconut/palm oil did not do any damage to the liver. Not that I would advocate to anybody to try and survive purely on alcohol and coconut oil.

But how did they survive gastric bleeding?

OP
EndAllDisease

EndAllDisease

Interesting stuff, I am enjoying the responses to this thread, though to be honest, I thought I'd see more logic in people involved with this forum.
We are all on our own journeys nonetheless and so I must respect that.

My claim: The only reason you believe they went to the moon is because you've been told it is so.

Most people would rather suspend all logic than admit the possibility that they've been lied to on such a level, and that entire budget of the 'space' program was spent on nothing but filling the pockets of the rich.

goodandevil

I did. Are you saying the U.S. and the Soviets were in cahoots together? Or that they both cooked up the conspiracy at the same time independently? Either one is highly unlikely. The science behind getting to the moon and back is not even as new as Einstein. You only need Newton to figure out how to do it. And a space race between two superpowers explains the timing of when it happened.

I'm not saying that Wag The Dog type of events never happen. But this isn't one of them.
Russi and the US worked together with spacelab, when lower in the atmosphere they were shooting each other's fighters down over vietnam, fight in the ukraine, work tovether in syria, both inhabit the ISS. It's not inconcievable.

goodandevil

Interesting stuff, I am enjoying the responses to this thread, though to be honest, I thought I'd see more logic in people involved with this forum.
We are all on our own journeys nonetheless and so I must respect that.

My claim: The only reason you believe they went to the moon is because you've been told it is so.

Most people would rather suspend all logic than admit the possibility that they've been lied to on such a level, and that entire budget of the 'space' program was spent on nothing but filling the pockets of the rich.

Given masonry as a conspiracy as a known fact, and given all the members of the apollo mission were feemasons, id say that's a circumstantial point in favor of there being something there. Why wouod tbey fake moon landing? I dont know, to justify phblic acceptance of the space program, to set the stage for a fake alien invasion somehow. A lot of these recent documentaries makes the case that jesus or god were aliens, that would be a spectacular show for sure ..

goodandevil

If they did fake the moon landing, then one could logically conclude they also faked the apollo 13 incident, and then in those cases would be supported the contention that it was for publicity. If money goes to it, i suppose it must look like that's what the lublic wants in a "democracy". I remember george bush the elder interviewed on a disconvery channel space documentary saying "the amerifan people wanted it and so forward it went" yeah right whatever george h

mt_dreams

If the Apollo program was a hoax you'd think they could have done it a lot cheaper. Do you have any idea how much money was spent? It was something crazy like 17% of the entire federal budget for years running (don't quote me). Literally thousands of men spent five years sleeping under their desks and getting divorced while working for below market wages. (No joke, the divorce rate was sky high.)

I can almost understand the conspiracy theories as a reaction against what actually happened. Thousands and thousands of men and women were deeply inspired by a cause and worked themselves to the bone, and not for money. The wages were low. They wanted to put a man on the moon. And they did it. Nobody got rich. They just wanted to put a man on the moon.

This demonstration of the idea that a large group of people can be powerfully motivated by a non-renumerative cause is disturbing and dangerous to a lot of people. Crusade and Jihad are dirty words in the modern world. We're all just supposed to be homo-economicus, rationally padding accounts.

It couldn't be done for cheaper, b/c they were actually trying to do it. The hoax comes in, in the event they realized (seeing what was happening with Russia's attempts) it could not be done at that point in time. At which point a military initiative would have been put into place to make the mission a success. The reason why the budget was so big to begin with was b/c it was considered a wing of the military cold war expense as the missile tech was tied to both. Since the oil crisis most of that money has gone towards aircraft instead as there was strategically nothing left to prove in deep space and Russia had already re-allocated their space budget to other military projects. People in the military have been paid off/silenced by fear more than you think, just think about all the secrecy that goes on. Much like the people manning the radar during Pearl Harbor, the truth never seems to make it to the common citizen. That said, if it was faked, most people working day & night on the project were unaware of this. I believe only one non military trained man went to the moon, and that was on the last mission, due to fact that the science field was publicly complaining about it, even more so once the last mission he was originally scheduled on got cancelled.

These days it costs 150 million to go to the space station, so why not pony up the extra cash to get a space craft to go to the moon. A smaller budget is not enough justification as everything except fuel has gotten cheaper compared to 50 years ago. Especially since I would imagine you could join the other space agencies of the world and split the cost. The most expensive parts of the mission were the modules, something that would be much cheaper with current tech. The million dollar computer would cost one dollar today.

Perhaps no one got rich, but it reinvigorated the American populations belief that they were the best in the world at whatever they put their mind to, which is a big deal in of itself at a time when the Americans were loosing both the space battle as well as loosing soldiers in the American war in Vietnam.

At this point, for humanities sake, I'll be satisfied with landing on anything outside of our orbit, though I doubt this will silence the questioning the original moon landings.

One of my favorite movies is called 'the right stuff' which deals with the origin of the American space program. keep in mind it's a hollywood film not a documentary, but it got my juice flowing.

haidut

Forum Supporter
But how did they survive gastric bleeding?

There was not any, assuming you are referring to my post. Maybe 2 weeks was not enough to deplete their vitamin K.

sladerunner69

The appollo ll moon landing was not a hoax, the framerate they used would not have made the footage of astronauts moonwalking /jumping in low gravity possible here on earth. At this time they did not have digital recording or taping advanced enough to recreate the effects of low gravity.

tara

The reason I believe most of what I think I know is that I've been told so. Same with everyone else, presumably including you. We can't all figure it all out from scratch by direct experience and first principles. There are misunderstandings and lies transmitted by culture, but an awful lot of probably more or less true and useful stuff too.

You were't by chance there watching them make the movies with the curtain rods are you? Able to see whatever hoax was involved in that? Lol.

tara

The appollo ll moon landing was not a hoax, the framerate they used would not have made the footage of astronauts moonwalking /jumping in low gravity possible here on earth. At this time they did not have digital recording or taping advanced enough to recreate the effects of low gravity.
That kind of evidence seems relevant to me (along with the scale and numbers that would have to have gone along with a con).

goodandevil

The reason I believe most of what I think I know is that I've been told so. Same with everyone else, presumably including you. We can't all figure it all out from scratch by direct experience and first principles. There are misunderstandings and lies transmitted by culture, but an awful lot of probably more or less true and useful stuff too.

You were't by chance there watching them make the movies with the curtain rods are you? Able to see whatever hoax was involved in that? Lol.

Excellent observation Tara, as William Blake says, "The true method of knowledge is experiment." That's the only thing I know from blake.

goodandevil

I believe, if there was fakery, that it would be very credulous, because a rocket desiged to land on the moon DID escape the atmosphere; everyone who designed and built it can attest to that fact. Whether it can and actually did land on the moon is a totally seperate thing.

Richiebogie

As we learned from the film "When Harry met Sally", if a simulation cannot be differentiated from the real thing, and if the real thing is not available, then people prefer the simulation.

The Apollo Project amongst other things, required getting a 3-man capsule into Low Earth Orbit, then speed it up into solar orbit, then slow it down to lunar orbit, then speed it up to solar orbit, then collide with the Earth's atmosphere to slow it down to Earth orbit and continue to slow it down to land it on the surface!

All other manned missions have only achieved the first and last of these.

Mercury got 1 man into Low Earth Orbit.
Gemini got 2 men into Low Earth Orbit.
I suggest Apollo only got 3 men into Low Earth Orbit.
Space Shuttle got up to 8 men into Low Earth Orbit.

President Kennedy announced a space race to the moon perhaps as a peaceful alternative to a war.

However it was not possible, so to save face a simulation was presented as reality.

The tragedy is that people were disappointed by the whole shuttle era.

Naturally they demand a Mars hoax...

Last edited:

PTP

Can't people see the flag up there through powerful telescopes?

EDIT: I guess not yet, still, satellites can take photos of it, or are satellites and gps hoaxes also?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals