Nasa's Moon Landing Hoax

EndAllDisease

NASA Faked the moon landing, surprise, surprise.
Here's their amazingly high-tech lunar lander, an official photo from the mission.

NASA-hoax.jpg

CoolTweetPete

I understand the motivation they would have had to do something like this. It's just hard to find compelling evidence. As far as I know, no one on this board is an astrophysicist, so it's hard to just look at this picture and see clear evidence of a hoax.

Don't you think someone involved would have talked by now? People tend to let information fly on their deathbeds. And something of this magnitude would have involved a lot of people.

OP
EndAllDisease

EndAllDisease

The way this subject should be approached is, like everything we're told by the government, with extreme skepticism... an appropriate response would be about the same as if your neighbor told you he's flown in space. Evidence that it happened is what needs to be shown... and the only evidence there is are shitty photos and the fact that we're told it did.

You want evidence that it's a hoax? Here's 11, with videos. The more you look, the dumber and more obvious the lie gets:
The Great NASA Moon Landing Hoax - Evidence Exposed (VIDEOS) - EndAllDisease.com

CoolTweetPete

Wow, the missing telemetry data is pretty damning. I've heard Neil DeGrasse Tyson explain the Van Allen belt thing before, but I'll have to dig it up.

This is all very interesting, but I maintain some skepticism that such a large hoax could be kept secret for so long. People have big mouths lol.

M

marikay

I understand the motivation they would have had to do something like this. It's just hard to find compelling evidence. As far as I know, no one on this board is an astrophysicist, so it's hard to just look at this picture and see clear evidence of a hoax.

Don't you think someone involved would have talked by now? People tend to let information fly on their deathbeds. And something of this magnitude would have involved a lot of people.

My brother is an astrophysicist (and a retired test pilot). The picture itself is the hoax, not the moon landing. And by the way, most people can't get up enough of a conspiracy to decide on where to go for dinner.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I think the scenario of the moon landing NOT being a hoax is scarier. If mankind was capable of landing a man on the moon, using primitive technology and computing capacity available in a modern Casio watch then what does that say about the (lack of) scientific progress over the last 45 years? We have regressed, not progressed. I'd rather have it that the moon landing was a hoax performed in 1969 and that now we are in a better position scientifically than we were in 1969 when the hoax was performed. I guess still not a good enough scientific progress point to put man on Mars or (back) on the moon. The greatest technological innovation for 2015 was a cool new way to browse Twitter feeds.

zooma

If mankind was capable of landing a man on the moon, using primitive technology and computing capacity available in a modern Casio watch then what does that say about the (lack of) scientific progress over the last 45 years?

I've always thought it was a case of changing priorities. The USA had proven their technological advancement. The huge amounts of money involved were considered better spent elsewhere after the landing. I'm sure if they had continued to fund NASA at the same level over the last 45 years then huge progress would have been made in space exploration.

dfspcc20

I always assumed that the Soviets would call us out if the landing was hoaxed. No doubt they monitored the whole thing. Or maybe they were in cahoots with us all along! :bored:

supernature

Heres a short part of the Apollo 11 official press conference, idk but if those guys are not looking quite constrained, they definitely appear like are not coming back from the Moon :)

And the future of space travel and landing humans on Mars in just like 10 years or so, according to Elon Musk.

M

marikay

I think the scenario of the moon landing NOT being a hoax is scarier. If mankind was capable of landing a man on the moon, using primitive technology and computing capacity available in a modern Casio watch then what does that say about the (lack of) scientific progress over the last 45 years? We have regressed, not progressed. I'd rather have it that the moon landing was a hoax performed in 1969 and that now we are in a better position scientifically than we were in 1969 when the hoax was performed. I guess still not a good enough scientific progress point to put man on Mars or (back) on the moon. The greatest technological innovation for 2015 was a cool new way to browse Twitter feeds.

There are several good books that make that exact point, that what passes as scientific advancement today is either wrong or a restatement of things we already know. No advancement in physics since the late 1970's. Computers are electro-magnetic theory put into small spaces. The list can go on and on. In some cases, we are figuring out how to use the 19th Century discoveries in new ways, but the science behind it is all more than one hundred years old. And that includes electric cars, which GM had several of in the early 20th Century. All this argues against the conspiracy theory that the moon landing was faked.

CoolTweetPete

I've always thought it was a case of changing priorities. The USA had proven their technological advancement. The huge amounts of money involved were considered better spent elsewhere after the landing. I'm sure if they had continued to fund NASA at the same level over the last 45 years then huge progress would have been made in space exploration.

So instead there were huge amounts of money spent on 'liberating' people with armed invasions and cruise missiles. :???:

M

marikay

I always assumed that the Soviets would call us out if the landing was hoaxed. No doubt they monitored the whole thing. :bored:

That's 100% correct. The U.S. and the U.S.S.R. were mortal enemies at the time. The Russians didn't have the money to get humans there, but they did get something to the moon before we did. And there were six manned landings on the moon by the U.S. So six times we faked it? Sputnik was up in 1957. Are satellites faked too?

M

marikay

So instead there were huge amounts of money spent on 'liberating' people with armed invasions and cruise missiles. :???:

Unfortunately, that is exactly what happened in the U.S. It started in the early 1980's, coinciding with the reduction in the budget of NASA and space exploration in general.

haidut

Forum Supporter
There are several good books that make that exact point, that what passes as scientific advancement today is either wrong or a restatement of things we already know. No advancement in physics since the late 1970's. Computers are electro-magnetic theory put into small spaces. The list can go on and on. In some cases, we are figuring out how to use the 19th Century discoveries in new ways, but the science behind it is all more than one hundred years old. And that includes electric cars, which GM had several of in the early 20th Century. All this argues against the conspiracy theory that the moon landing was faked.

As much as I dislike Peter Thiel (founder of PayPal) he makes a compelling point for scientific progress stopping in the late 1970s.
Technology Stalled in 1970
The End of the Future
http://www.economist.com/news/brief...ave-stopped-driving-growth-getting-increasing
Bits Versus Stuff: Peter Thiel Asks Why Has Innovation Stalled | Big Think
Our dangerous illusion of tech progress - FT.com
Peter Thiel thinks tech innovation has 'stalled'

M

marikay

Read post #10.

I did. Are you saying the U.S. and the Soviets were in cahoots together? Or that they both cooked up the conspiracy at the same time independently? Either one is highly unlikely. The science behind getting to the moon and back is not even as new as Einstein. You only need Newton to figure out how to do it. And a space race between two superpowers explains the timing of when it happened.

I'm not saying that Wag The Dog type of events never happen. But this isn't one of them.