My symptoms got so much worse since adding Liver, Oysters and Cacao! What could I do?

OP
M

Motif

How much zinc were you taking and for how long?
Can’t remember. I started with 100 mg and my itching was gone for days. Then it came back heavy.
I stopped and tried later with less and it again helped and then after ten days or something it was over again

Morgan

I don't know what the optimal amounts of copper and zinc are.
But this article makes some shocking statements. It claims copper is simply a poison like arsenic and aluminum. Copper is not essential at all.
I don't know if that is true or not, but it sure seems interesting that there exists a thing such as "the high copper personality".
Also your experience that adding liver, oysters and cacao seems to worsen your health. I think I am going to experiment with a low copper diet and see how I react to that.
It is also possible that the foods that are commonly high in copper seem to be problematic for some people. I know I personally can only have cacao and chocolate very infrequently, and oysters have outright made me sick on two occasions so I have cut them out for the foreseeable future. Liver on the other hand has been a fairly consistent blessing and almost always makes me feel great on the days that I have it with coffee and milk. There is also the interaction between iron and copper that should be considered, in that too much iron can block the absorption of copper, and this can be especially problematic if excess iron is being stored in aging tissue.

Vinero

Can’t remember. I started with 100 mg and my itching was gone for days. Then it came back heavy.
I stopped and tried later with less and it again helped and then after ten days or something it was over again
100 mg is a lot. The RDA is only like 11 mg or something for men. In my experience, taking zinc everyday doesn't make me feel good. But taking one 30 mg zinc pill once or twice a week does feel good.

souperhuman

Interesting. Are you taking vitamin D orally or on your skin?
Nice idea but it doesn't seem to matter how much sun or vitamin D I get. In fact one of my worst experiences was after taking vitamin D regularly for a while and then was exposed to tropical sun for two weeks.

OP
M

Motif

100 % the chocolate / cocoa.
i added chocolate over a few days and my scalp itching was back like crazy !

i wonder why exactly it’s causing this for me.
I will give oysters a try too and see what happens.

My hair even looks like dead from the chocolate (70% btw) just like the last time.

any explanation for this ?

mrchibbs

Those three foods are high in copper, and its possible to have slight copper toxicity from plumbing and other problems.

Oysters have a lot more zinc than copper, so should balance things out.

Trying a zinc supplement (which balances out the excess copper) can quickly tell you if excess copper is indeed the issue.

OP
M

Motif

Those three foods are high in copper, and its possible to have slight copper toxicity from plumbing and other problems.

Oysters have a lot more zinc than copper, so should balance things out.

Trying a zinc supplement (which balances out the excess copper) can quickly tell you if excess copper is indeed the issue.

but copper supplements do not give me those symptoms. Chlorophyllin doesn’t also.

my blood levels for copper and ceruloplasmin are in deficiency

mrchibbs

but copper supplements do not give me those symptoms. Chlorophyllin doesn’t also.

my blood levels for copper and ceruloplasmin are in deficiency

Ok then, that's not it.

BearWithMe

100 % the chocolate / cocoa.
i added chocolate over a few days and my scalp itching was back like crazy !

i wonder why exactly it’s causing this for me.
I will give oysters a try too and see what happens.

My hair even looks like dead from the chocolate (70% btw) just like the last time.

any explanation for this ?
Mold / mycotoxins / high fiber content.

Deadly combo.

It is pretty much impossible to find cocoa that is not moldy, even the upscale expensive brands do have mold.

Bluemachine

chocolate consistently messes me up, i can handle it for a bit & then issues arise. Sucks because i crave it & it's good for calories

mariantos

From personal experience I have noticed that both copper and iron create big problems for me, but in your case it may not be candida.

HTTP:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/350573502_Ceruloplasmin_as_a_source_of_Cu_for_a_fungal_pathogen

HTTP:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/350895729_Cation_Transporters_of_Candida_albicans-New_Targets_to_Fight_Candidiasis

ww3not4me

You could try eliminating one thing at a time to see which is causing you problems. I would start with the Cacao!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals