My symptoms got so much worse since adding Liver, Oysters and Cacao! What could I do?

Motif

I added liver two times a week for two weeks, cacao everyday, some oysters and then my scalp issues got so unbelievable bad like not I years. I stopped all that days ago, but no improvement at all.

was the copper too much?
Blood tests always show low zinc , copper and Ceruloplasmin.

What could I do about this?

@redsun I took some zinc over the last three days and stopped the copper foods. i hope this will help.

I’m kind of scared that my issues got even worse from this. But I guess this means all my health issues are related to this zinc / copper / Ceruloplasmin thing. But how could I fix this?

Korven

You could also be reacting to the foods themselves, seafood (oysters) can be allergenic. Cacao is fermented bean powder and can be histamine triggering. Liver not sure about, I always got strange reactions to eating it.

Maybe stop eating those foods and see if things improve?

Spokey

I added liver two times a week for two weeks, cacao everyday, some oysters and then my scalp issues got so unbelievable bad like not I years. I stopped all that days ago, but no improvement at all.

was the copper too much?
Blood tests always show low zinc , copper and Ceruloplasmin.

What could I do about this?

@redsun I took some zinc over the last three days and stopped the copper foods. i hope this will help.

I’m kind of scared that my issues got even worse from this. But I guess this means all my health issues are related to this zinc / copper / Ceruloplasmin thing. But how could I fix this?
I stopped liver, anything high in either vitamin A or carotenes seems to be causing me issues. Metabolism seems fine, thyroid fine but vitamin A and carotenes seem to worsen every problem I've had. I don't really know why, but I'm not about to argue with my own experience (which was unpleasant).

ArtIt

Cacao is hard on liver. Cut your cacao consumption and there is a good chance you will feel better.

You could also be reacting to the foods themselves, seafood (oysters) can be allergenic. Cacao is fermented bean powder and can be histamine triggering. Liver not sure about, I always got strange reactions to eating it.

Maybe stop eating those foods and see if things improve?

:D

Fermented bean powder has to be the best definition of cacao I've come across.

souperhuman

I stopped liver, anything high in either vitamin A or carotenes seems to be causing me issues. Metabolism seems fine, thyroid fine but vitamin A and carotenes seem to worsen every problem I've had. I don't really know why, but I'm not about to argue with my own experience (which was unpleasant).
Try getting some sun or increasing vitamin D. You probably aren't able to handle that much vitamin A yet, so build up liver intake slowly. If you decide to eat it again, start with just a few mouthfuls a week.

Second the cacao. Drop the cacao and get some soun or use a Uvb lamp, if not available use vitamin D.

koreus

You could be reacting to the cacao or cadmium in the cacao, lots of cacao has toxic levels of cadmium.

Either way I'd cut them all out and re-introduce one by one.

OP
M

Motif

Thanks. I also started to drink much more milk three weeks ago. Maybe this could be the cause too. I don’t know.

mate those smallnarrow 311 nm uvb lamps ok?
i still got one that I used on my scalp years ago
Not familiar with those. I use ExoTerra (for repriles) Uvb desert and tropical one - it has more Uva which helps with mood and libido. Seems to be working. I also use an led red loght device on my face and chest daily if possible. Sperti would be optimal , but it’s expensive and not locally available. Keep in mind they loose some of their power gradually and will have to be replaced yearly probably. And be careful not to burn yourself- start slow .

Spokey

Try getting some sun or increasing vitamin D. You probably aren't able to handle that much vitamin A yet, so build up liver intake slowly. If you decide to eat it again, start with just a few mouthfuls a week.

Nice idea but it doesn't seem to matter how much sun or vitamin D I get. In fact one of my worst experiences was after taking vitamin D regularly for a while and then was exposed to tropical sun for two weeks.

Vinero

Will read now, thanks! I edited my other post
I don't know what the optimal amounts of copper and zinc are.
But this article makes some shocking statements. It claims copper is simply a poison like arsenic and aluminum. Copper is not essential at all.
I don't know if that is true or not, but it sure seems interesting that there exists a thing such as "the high copper personality".
Also your experience that adding liver, oysters and cacao seems to worsen your health. I think I am going to experiment with a low copper diet and see how I react to that.

OP
M

Motif

I don't know what the optimal amounts of copper and zinc are.
But this article makes some shocking statements. It claims copper is simply a poison like arsenic and aluminum. Copper is not essential at all.
I don't know if that is true or not, but it sure seems interesting that there exists a thing such as "the high copper personality".
Also your experience that adding liver, oysters and cacao seems to worsen your health. I think I am going to experiment with a low copper diet and see how I react to that.

yeah, but probably we still need some copper. When I was taking high doses zinc i felt much better first , but then it got really bad again. I guess it caused some imbalance

Vinero

yeah, but probably we still need some copper. When I was taking high doses zinc i felt much better first , but then it got really bad again. I guess it caused some imbalance
How much zinc were you taking and for how long?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals