MPB Experimental Treatments

Scenes

Better to just ignore them..
Lol not sure how you can think that's your best bet!?

I'm not feeling negative or defeated, just realistic. Like I said earlier in the thread, Danny roddy's success with mpb is very questionable (and most responses agreed) so all his theories should be considered as purely speculative, albeit reasonable speculation.

I've seen/read/heard peat suggest topical vit d, topical dhea, topical caffeine, topical thyroid and topical progesterone.

Have any of them worked for anyone? If not, it's not negative to say it doesn't work, just focus your effort somewhere else.

There's a private Facebook group run by a couple of guys with thick hairlines who have some similar ideas to peat but a few major differences. They all blaim testosterone as the cause of their hairloss due to the massive conversion to estrogen.

They'd say:
1) topical emu oil and nizoral cream
2) no dairy/grains - they mock raypeat for saying estrogen is the devil but milk is a major food source of it.
3) pufa 6 nuts/seeds (no heated oils) are good for hair and skin, particularly gla.

Guys on there are claiming regrowth.

Progesterone

I'm not feeling negative or defeated, just realistic. Like I said earlier in the thread, Danny roddy's success with mpb is very questionable (and most responses agreed) so all his theories should be considered as purely speculative, albeit reasonable speculation.

I've seen/read/heard peat suggest topical vit d, topical dhea, topical caffeine, topical thyroid and topical progesterone.

Have any of them worked for anyone? If not, it's not negative to say it doesn't work, just focus your effort somewhere else.

There's a private Facebook group run by a couple of guys with thick hairlines who have some similar ideas to peat but a few major differences. They all blaim testosterone as the cause of their hairloss due to the massive conversion to estrogen.

They'd say:
2) no dairy/grains - they mock raypeat for saying estrogen is the devil but milk is a major food source of it.
3) pufa 6 nuts/seeds (no heated oils) are good for hair and skin, particularly gla.

Not sure why you directed this post at me because I said to ignore a troll..

Scenes

I should clarify, they agree hairloss is caused by estrogen, prolactin and low thyroid, and that it's all fixable through diet. They prioritise gut health and eating the right foods above all else.

Hence the no dairy or grains.

jacknap

I started using vitamin C not for hair purposes specifically to increase neurosteroids and oxyotcin. It just happened to be that when I combined MSM with the vitamin C I needed much less with the same effect, I was doing about 3-4 grams at once now only do about 2 grams or so at once. I use just plain synthetic powder (the Dr Clark brand on Amazon, it seems pretty pure). I did try using Camu camu powder up to a gram but I didn't notice the mood benefits after taking it and it also messed up stomach more, that was just my experience though.

I've read that Amla has a ***t ton of vitamin c but on labels it seems modest but they say that it's more bioavailable. I feel good on it and have been taking triphala. Kinda woried that it my have some unwanted side effects though.

Sheik

I haven't seen any testimonials of successful hair regrowth from anyone following Danny Roddy's ideas.

Until I see someone goes from this

willis-bruce-bald.jpg

to this

bruce-willis-young-2.jpg

then nobody has figured out the cure yet. Nobody.
Some transgender women have regrown a lot of hair.

Progesterone

Hair loss induced by dopamine agonist: case report and review of the literature. - PubMed - NCBI

Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2003 Oct;10(1):51-2.
Hair loss induced by dopamine agonist: case report and review of the literature.
Miwa H1, Kondo T.
Author information

Abstract
We report the case of a female patient with Parkinson's disease who experienced hair loss that appeared after the administration of cabergoline. Her hair re-grew after decreasing the dose of cabergoline, indicating that hair loss was induced by cabergoline. In reviewing the literature, there have been reports of hair loss after administration of various dopaminergic drugs that include levodopa and all types of dopamine receptor agonists. Although the pathophysiological mechanism underlying the hair loss is unclear, hair loss may be possibly overlooked, and should be noted as a possible side effect of the dopaminergic therapy.

Now I'm a bit worried...

Baldness Induced By Dopamine Treatments May Be Reversible

this claims a female got hairloss from prami but switched to caber and recovered...

xetawaves

They'd say:

Can you link us to this group? I'd like to check it out. I don't see how diet could cause regrowth though. I know dudes who are super overweight, eat like ***t, and have perfect hairlines.

Last edited:
OP
TubZy

TubZy

There will never be a cure because you can't revive dead cells. I know some people on this forum disagree that hair follicles die, bu

Can you link us to this group? I'd like to check it out. I don't see how diet could cause regrowth though. I know dudes who are super overweight, eat like ***t, and have perfect hairlines.

What evidence do you have the hair follicles actually "die" instead of going dormant. I mean I said this earlier but hair follicles grow back from radiation and chemotherapy.

Scenes

There will never be a cure because you can't revive dead cells. I know some people on this forum disagree that hair follicles die, bu

It's a private group and I'm already on the verge of being kicked I think for talking ray peat haha. To be honest the main info I've already given.

The general consensus is that diet will stabilise hormones so you stop shedding. Then the topical emu oil and nizoral plus occasional castor oil/Rosemary oil can cause regrowth. They also say massage could be useful but it's not a must do.

They talk about sebum and calcification similarly to people here.

They also seem well aware of peat and think it's ridiculous to:

1) drink milk with its high estrogen content, bloating issues and so much anecdotal evidence of it exacerbating skin issues.

2) reduce pufa to zero. They believe omega 6 pufa are very healthy from nuts and seeds, just not heated oils. They particularly think gla is critical for skin/hair health.

***Basic rule is if it upsets your stomach or digestion/bowel movements, stop doing it. ***

xetawaves

What evidence do you have the hair follicles actually "die" instead of going dormant. I mean I said this earlier but hair follicles grow back from radiation and chemotherapy.
I have no idea why my phone had that previous post saved as a draft lol didn't mean to post that

Progesterone

It's a private group and I'm already on the verge of being kicked I think for talking ray peat haha. To be honest the main info I've already given.

The general consensus is that diet will stabilise hormones so you stop shedding. Then the topical emu oil and nizoral plus occasional castor oil/Rosemary oil can cause regrowth. They also say massage could be useful but it's not a must do.

They talk about sebum and calcification similarly to people here.

They also seem well aware of peat and think it's ridiculous to:

1) drink milk with its high estrogen content, bloating issues and so much anecdotal evidence of it exacerbating skin issues.

2) reduce pufa to zero. They believe omega 6 pufa are very healthy from nuts and seeds, just not heated oils. They particularly think gla is critical for skin/hair health.

***Basic rule is if it upsets your stomach or digestion/bowel movements, stop doing it. ***

Emu oil, castor oil, rosemary oil and Nizoral.. cutting edge stuff.

Have they researched milk?

tomisonbottom

Its true i completely reversed many years of hypothyroidism with the red light. My hair was always dry and brittle now my hair looks and feels great.

Shining the light on your thyroid is important but also getting the light in through your open eyes really helps the whole body, similar to sun gazing. The light through the eyes enhances and balances endocrine functioning, you will not need to keep figuring out what supplements to take every day, your body will balance itself.

Sun gazing is wonderful but the weather does not always cooperate. Where as the red light is easy to use and safe to shine in your eyes. I have been red light gazing almost every day for 4-8 min in the morning for several months and i know many people doing the same, amazing health, mood and cognitive improvements, truly remarkable.

I have been researching health and healing modalities for over 30 years, i highly recommend you all give the red light a try, especially through your eyes. Use a proper made light that is in the 600nm - 700nm range.

Here is a link to a good article that covers some of the science of sun gazing.

Feasting on Sunshine

What kind of red lights do you use? Link?

Daniel11

Forum Supporter

PhilParma

Applying Vitamin D in MCT oil onto the scalp is messy. I wish there was a water soluble form of Vit D that I could add to my water/alcohol spray bottle.

How are people applying Vit D to the scalp?

Does anyone know a source of cholecalciferol sulfate?

I just want to be able to add vit D to water so I can spray it onto my scalp...

JDreamer

Applying Vitamin D in MCT oil onto the scalp is messy. I wish there was a water soluble form of Vit D that I could add to my water/alcohol spray bottle.

How are people applying Vit D to the scalp?

Does anyone know a source of cholecalciferol sulfate?

I just want to be able to add vit D to water so I can spray it onto my scalp...

I've been experimenting with Vit D for the last month, but only on my temples.

I dunno how I'd even begin to get it on my scalp - the stuff is just so thick.

JDreamer

I'll say this much ......

Between my experimentation with scalp massages, dermarolling, supplements (Tyrosine, Aspirin, Caffeine, Vit B3 & B6, and Taurine) I honestly feel like I've been maintaining very well.

I just wish I had acted a lot sooner ..... kind of upsetting to think that had I been on this regimen starting in 2012 I'd be much better off.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals