MORE WEIGHT LOSS TALK

OP
Rinse & rePeat
This, RP statement below, is something I have noticed lately, I have no lower back fat. I cannot pinch anything. I wonder if it is from the combination of my fat loss and progesterone, because this has never been the case for me in at least 30 years when I was thin….

“In a progesterone deficiency, we produce too much cortisone, and excessive cortisone causes osteoporosis, aging of the skin, damage to brain cells, and the accumulation of fat, especially on the back and abdomen.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Ray peat says calories matter when it comes to weight loss i recommend the weight loss podcast interview he did with the strong sistas and he mentions how to have a calorie deficit while maximizing adequate nutrition.”

Momma

“Ray peat says calories matter when it comes to weight loss i recommend the weight loss podcast interview he did with the strong sistas and he mentions how to have a calorie deficit while maximizing adequate nutrition.”

If you find the link to said interview; please post back here. Thank you.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Here is a pic from a couple of months ago (with hat) and one from yesterday, in the same shorts and sweatshirt. I know I am crazy to be wearing shorts in December, but I love it! Aside from my bulky sweatshirt tucked into my shorts and looking like I have a little more, overall I look more slender at about 143 than whatever composition I was made of in December. I am much heavier now into the orange juice vs then, MSM, egg yolks and some macadamias a couple of three times a week, a little more shellfish and less liver now too. Maybe the liver makes one look more muscular? I was eating one ounce three times a week. It has been so interesting, to me, to see how much different my body and face looks changing up my diet occasionally. Last summer and fall I was heavy into beef and fruit and I looked vastly different than now.

Attachments

• 25DAB2F7-C56F-4778-AA94-397F7F60A287.jpeg
    25DAB2F7-C56F-4778-AA94-397F7F60A287.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 91
  • B0200A9A-D8FD-46EB-B688-EF2621A8E800.jpeg
    B0200A9A-D8FD-46EB-B688-EF2621A8E800.jpeg
    223.4 KB · Views: 87
OP
Rinse & rePeat
Thx. I looked briefly and couldn’t find it. But im not certain that I know what im looking for exactly.
I think I have posted that interview in this thread or in my “Lose Fat Not Pounds” thread. I will have to look for it. I have posted the one interview where they asked him “what would you do if you wanted to lose weight” and he said he would first stop eating.

Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
Thx. I looked briefly and couldn’t find it. But im not certain that I know what im looking for exactly.
Here is something. Extreme calorie restriction and denying the body of sugar is what is counterproductive and unhealthy. I think a slight calorie deficit with high quality proteins, fruit and raw honey and lots of calcium is more to his point, really make those calories count…

View: https://youtu.be/fXZhDZjsQ04

J.R.K

UPDATE:

Because I get asked often what I eat, I thought I would start posting again some of the meals I am having to maintain my weight, even though I am trying gain a couple of pounds, the scale won’t budge. I have been partaking in more starches and don’t think they are making me look as well as without them. I have started to see less muscle tone in my stomach since eating them again, and my face gets to looking more tired too. I skipped them yesterday, except for 4 low PUFA Ritz-type crackers with some cheese, and I added in just 15 grams of protein via shrimps, and I look much better today. J.R.K, is a dedicated no grain eater, which is an inspiration to me, reminding me that wheat is not doing me any justice. I am going to focus on those sprouted oats again instead like Elie, and make some pancakes!

This morning I started my day with a teaspoon of MSM (for my skin) and then had a cup of organic brewed coffee with about a half cup of frothed whole raw milk, with sugar and flaky salt and topped it with Ceylon cinnamon sugar. About a half hour later I had a lightly, fried in butter, salted egg yolk with two tablespoons of collagen hydrolysate dissolved in water and made another cup of coffee the same as the first. Just in the the first two hours of having my two cups of coffee I have had 23 grams of protein. Sometimes I switch out the egg yolk, if I don’t have eggs, for some salted macadamias. Since I am not losing weight, I am now eating for my skin. I always have something I focus on improving, and right now it is my rear end and my skin. I am happy with the progress I have made with both! I know taking out those starches will start the scale downward again, so my strategy is to up my protein and fat, fats that will benefit my skin.
@Hans posted this in another thread, he has a great idea for us staunch grain avoiders for his pancakes. Switching out the flour for milk powder, this would be beneficial for cutting starch and also satisfying that craving for some pancakes without the sinful regret!

Banana pancakes
- 1/4 cup of non-fat milk powder
- 2 tbsp of collagen hydrolysate
- 1 duck egg
- baking powder (pure non-metals brand)
- 1 large banana

Cook in coconut oil on iron pan in oven.
Serve with salt, pure cane sugar, and maple syrup and 6oz of whole milk to wash it down

Let me know what you think of this.
Incidentally I think @Hans might be a Hobbit as he lists this as his fourth breakfast.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
@Hans posted this in another thread, he has a great idea for us staunch grain avoiders for his pancakes. Switching out the flour for milk powder, this would be beneficial for cutting starch and also satisfying that craving for some pancakes without the sinful regret!

Banana pancakes
- 1/4 cup of non-fat milk powder
- 2 tbsp of collagen hydrolysate
- 1 duck egg
- baking powder (pure non-metals brand)
- 1 large banana

Cook in coconut oil on iron pan in oven.
Serve with salt, pure cane sugar, and maple syrup and 6oz of whole milk to wash it down

Let me know what you think of this.
Incidentally I think @Hans might be a Hobbit as he lists this as his fourth breakfast.
Wow this looks really interesting! How come you haven’t tried it yet for us JR? 😋

J.R.K

Wow this looks really interesting! How come you haven’t tried it yet for us JR? 😋
I don’t have any milk powder, and I am trying to find a nest of ducks that would part with an egg or twelve!
But it would probably be better prepared if your culinary skills were to take a shot at it first.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I don’t have any milk powder, and I am trying to find a nest of ducks that would part with an egg or twelve!
But it would probably be better prepared if your culinary skills were to take a shot at it first.
I don’t have duck eggs either! I think I would just rather make some regular pancakes with some sprouted oats, regular eggs and buttermilk. I am just not a powdered milk lover. It is a clever recipe though.

Don’t be passing the buck on me mister, you came up with the recipe! I’m doing enough work around here ! 🤨

J.R.K

I don’t have duck eggs either! I think I would just rather make some regular pancakes with some sprouted oats, regular eggs and buttermilk. I am just not a powdered milk lover. It is a clever recipe though.

Don’t be passing the buck on me mister, you came up with the recipe! I’m doing enough work around here ! 🤨
Your choice @Rinse & rePeat but remember the Lord hates a coward.

J.R.K

That being said though one caveat that I would mention on powdered milk is to look for the purity of the product, there are some brands that will adulterate it with excipients or foreign anti caking agents such as silicon or titanium dioxides. Be sure to check into that first, before purchasing any milk powders.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals