Minocycline Antibiotic Log And Constipation Woes

narouz

Re: Minocycline Antibiotic Log

"When water is taken orally, it is absorbed high in the intestine, long before it reaches the colon, so the recommendation to drink water for constipation can produce a situation that's the opposite of intravenous hypertonic saline, by diluting the blood. Using a hypertonic salt solution as an enema can have the same beneficial effect on the intestine as the intravenous treatment."
-Dr. Peat
from "Water: swelling, tension, pain, fatigue, aging"
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/water.shtml

narouz

Watch out for your equipment (latex--nwo2012 knows about this from personal experience as I recall)

"Kirchheiner B J Allergy Clin Immunol 1995 May;95(5 Pt 1):933-936 Anaphylaxis to carrageenan: a pseudo-latex allergy. Tarlo SM, Dolovich J, Listgarten C “Anaphylactic reactions during a barium enema have been attributed to allergy to latex on the barium enema device. The observation of anaphylaxis during barium enema without latex exposure or latex allergy led to the performance of an allergy skin test to the barium enema solution.” “Individual components of the barium enema solution were obtained for double-blind skin testing. A RAST to identify specific IgE antibodies to the skin test active agent was established.” “Carrageenan, a component of the barium enema solution, produced positive reactions to allergy skin test and RAST. Gastrointestinal symptoms for which the patient was being investigated by the barium enema subsequently disappeared with a diet free of carrageenan. CONCLUSIONS: Carrageenan is a previously unreported cause of anaphylaxis during barium enema. It is an allergen widely distributed in common foods and potentially could account for some symptoms related to milk products or baby formula.”

"Food-junk and some mystery ailments: Fatigue, Alzheimer's, Colitis, Immunodeficiency"
http://raypeat.com/articles/nutrition/carrageenan.shtml

narouz

"Milk, orange juice, and coffee safely accelerate the removal of heavy metals from the tissues. Everyone's body accumulates PUFA's, which progressively interfere with metabolism and raise TSH. Iron, as well as other heavy metals (except for copper) tends to accumulate. Drinking coffee also helps to shift the hormone balance in the right direction.

Raising the body temperature and using chelators can mobilize things, but it can increase the damage they do on the way out. The liver doesn't store toxins for more than a few hours, and coffee enemas are intended to intensely stimulate the liver. Oral coffee lets the caffeine circulate slowly, keeping everything moderately active, and with orange juice, the mobilized metals are kept from injuring things until they are excreted."

-Dr. Peat, quoted on D. Roddy's site
http://www.dannyroddy.com/main/2011...ding-a-foundation-for-better-understandi.html

narouz

Fascinating here, on a number of points:

Constipation might have been responsible for the stroke. Progesterone is already being used medically, "experimentally," for brain protection and repair, pregnenolone has some of the similar effects, probably not as powerfully, but it's safe in any quantity. Carbon dioxide increase can often restore circulaton to areas that have a vascular spasm; a little baking soda in water sometimes helps that. Sugar sometimes helps with constipation. They should be doing something for the constipation; inflammation is often involved, and aspirin and cascara (emodin) are helpful if the main blockage can be overcome with enemas. Inflamed tissues are hyperosmotic, so enemas with the standard 0.9% saline cause tissue swelling; double or triple osmolar saline is usually helpful.

-Dr. Peat, quoted on D. Roddy's site
http://www.dannyroddy.com/main/2011...ding-a-foundation-for-better-understandi.html

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Great, all I need is a stroke! So sugar, aspirin and cascara which I am already doing.

And too late, I took some citrate. lol Oh well, I need some relief. Not too sure about the coffee enema, I have to be really careful with coffee right now because it gives me a pounding heart.

I am thinking it could maybe be one of two things causing this. Either coconut oil, which some people report constipates them. Or milk. So, maybe tomorrow I will stop the coconut oil for a few days and see what happens, if nothing, then will try the milk next.

narouz

Charlie-
What's your volume of sugar and aspirin?
Also, did you note the Carbon Dioxide/baking soda?

How much coffee and what form are drinking?
Peat, when asked about good chelators,
said coffee is the best chelator.
If your liver is toxified by the antibiotics (and other stuff),
shame not to be able use coffee.
Drip would have less caffeine (but more magnesium) than espresso.
Maybe you could drink coffee in small amounts throughout the day with food...

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

I am getting a ton of sugar, I think. 1 quart of OJ, almost 2 quarts of milk, plus, at least two tablespoons of sugar when I drink my coffe with is 2 servings a day. That seems like a ton of sugar. Maybe I need to drink a cup of sugar? :lol:

Yes, I did note the baking soda and just took some.

Not sure whats going on with the coffee, but when I drink a full cup, I get those too much thyroid symptoms again. Its quite annoying. But, I am trying my best to get some coffee in every day.

narouz

Charlie said:
I am getting a ton of sugar, I think. 1 quart of OJ, almost 2 quarts of milk, plus, at least two tablespoons of sugar when I drink my coffe with is 2 servings a day. That seems like a ton of sugar. Maybe I need to drink a cup of sugar? :lol:

Yes, I did note the baking soda and just took some.

Not sure whats going on with the coffee, but when I drink a full cup, I get those too much thyroid symptoms again. Its quite annoying. But, I am trying my best to get some coffee in every day.

Sorry to be tedious,
but on the coffee,
arabica bean or columbian?
I used to get unpleasant feelings after columbian varieties.

It does seem like you've got the sugar covered

Peat once advised a guy with very troubled digestion
to increase the sugar/carb to protein ration upward,
from his normal 1:2 (OJ:Milk) to 1:1.

And he advised to cut back on oils--
presumably even good Peatian saturated oils.

His guiding notion was to avoid things that are harder to digest.
This guy--I now remember--had near constant nausea.
Still, a digestive/bowel related thing it would seem.
Maybe Peat's guiding notion there might be applied to your situation.

Peat said the guy's liver was trying to tell him it having trouble digesting some things.

kettlebell

Edited: Apologies! Just realised the following is totally off topic. Just thought I would share.

No word of a lie, Im doing between 400-500gm of additional white sugar, honey or both on top of my nutrient dense foods at the moment each day. I am putting on a small amount of fat but im pretty much warm all of the time now.

I genuinely feel I need it right now to get things going. Through my reading I have come to the conclusion my thyroid is not the issue but my liver is. Through years of starving myself (I have unwittingly fasted for the last 18 years) my liver is probably the size of a peanut with the storage capacity of something smaller. I noticed that I was getting warm within 10-15 minutes of "Snacking" but 30 minutes later was getting cold again rapidly (In the space of 5 minutes) so I have ramped calories up which I think I actually needed.

Im still not eating till too full (Thats clear as im not piling on fat) and I just add sugar to everything (Milk, coffee, OJ) at upwards of 8 teaspoons. I won't do this forever of course, only until I actually feel my liver has grown and has started actually storing glucose instead of lazily watching it pass through.

For me, its working.

A funny thing is happening - My appetite is increasing. I put that down to finally starting to suppress the stress hormones.

Edit: Charlie, How are you feeling now following the antibiotics? Any lasting benefits?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

narouz, I am drinking Yuban coffee, which I just did some research and found out its put out by Kraft foods, uggggh. Supposedly its from the rain forest area, but who knows. I will be sourcing a better coffee soon.

Kettlebell, since being on the antibiotic, I am having a hard time keeping my temps up. And also feeling drained, and just not feeling well. Sometimes, I regret doing the antibiotic course. Also, I am completely stopped up now, no bowel movement whatsoever. Tonight, I will have to take a huge dose of cascara. I took some mag citrate today but obviously didnt take enough.

narouz

"The Yuban Coffee History
It was in 1986 when the Yuban coffee history began. John Arbuckle, a famous South American coffee roaster in 1980’s, was the one who discovered the perfect blend of coffee bean in which he processed the coffee beans with egg glaze and sugar. Thus, sealing its perfect taste and protecting the coffee beans from getting burned."

It's probably fine.
But the sugar and egg glaze processing...
well, you might want to try another kind just to check that off the list as a possible culprit.

Yuban is arabica bean though,
which is good in my book.
The columbian bean coffees make me feel weird.

And I would get another kind of magnesium too, Charlie.
Peat said the citrate forms, and also some of the other fashionable
and putatively better chelate forms
had problems.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

I do have some magnesium glycinate that I started taking.

Took 4 of the Dr. Schulzes intestinal formula #1 last night, and still nothing today. I have never been able to take more then 3, but now, I am up to 4. Digestion system is at a complete stop. :(

HDD

The contractile ability of smooth muscle, that’s impaired by swelling and inflammation, can be restored by antiinflammatory agents, for example aspirin (or other inhibitor of prostaglandin synthesis) or antihistamines. This applies to the muscles of lymphatic vessels (Wu, et al., 2005, 2006; Gosling, 2000), that must function to reduce edema, as well as to the bowel muscles that cause peristalsis.

Sorry, not quoted properly. I have been using generic Benadryl at bedtime off and on lately along with more aspirin during the day and have noticed improved bm. This same article talks about cascara and aloe.

Ray Peat also said popcorn cooked in coconut oil with lots of butter is ok (he wasnt talking about constpation but foods in general). I will try to locate where on both of these statements.

HDD

Cascara article for the quote. Might take a while to remember where the popcorn statement is.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Thank you, HDD.

Well, I am doing aloe and cascara, thats what is in the Dr Schulzes. It has a few more things in it, hopefully they are ok. I have increased my dose of aspirin, but havent tried antihistamine yet so maybe I should give that a shot.

I really feel like a goof. Try a round of antibiotics to get better, make myself worse.

HDD

For salty cravings, Peat recommends tortilla chips fried in coconut oil, and chicharrones (pork rinds) with no additive but salt (puffed in hot air). Another snack is popcorn popped on the stove in coconut oil, then salted & buttered; the oil and butter are protective against the starch, but it's harder to digest than tortilla chips or chicharrones.

The popcorn statement is from this site for salty snacks. Lol

Did you do charcoal?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Yes I did charcoal, and I think it stopped me up worse. Oy vey.

Combie

Personally Charlie i would be getting that out by any means possible, barring pufa based purgatives.. Have you tried Grapefruit Seed Extract? It may not be Ray Peat, but neither is having a blocked up colon. The day after i took that and some augmentin, i had a huge huge poo. One of my best ever..lol

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

I dunno, been researching the last couple days and seems like we need a huge population of good bacteria for our digestive system to work correctly. Been reading some of Dr. Ayers stuff and he also seems pretty convinced we need a lot of good bacteria. Case in point, now that I have taken that antibiotic and all my good bacteria are dead, I am at a completely standstill digestive wise. I cannot get anything moving, I took 5 dr schulzes last night, and still nothing. Usually when I get to 3 dr schulzes the gates will open up. I am at a complete standstill and now at the point of desperation to get some relief. Magnesium citrate huge dose might be in order.

So, do I need to repopulate with good bacteria? At this point, it looks like I should. And how do I do that? Dr. Ayers says a good way is through kissing, lol, damn, I guess I am SOL there. Alot of other people online say to eat dirt, well, gosh, I dunno about that although I have a nice garden plot that I only use organic stuff on. Dr. Ayers says probiotics are basically useless. Or, I can get a fecal transplant from a healthy donor. Are there any healthy people on this planet? And you should get a transplant from someone that eats a similiar diet. Any Peatarians wanna supply me with poop? :rolling

Lesson learned. Never take an antiobiotic unless absolutely needed, at least, thats where I stand with this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals