Minocycline Antibiotic Log And Constipation Woes

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Re: Minocycline Antibiotic Log

Day 13, still going. I have 3 more doses of antibiotic left, so if I finish, that will be 14 complete days.

Feeling drained. Havent been sleeping good, have a feeling its something to do with the antibiotic. I almost quit today, but I noticed my gums are looking slightly better, so, decided to push on. I also have a skin condition that pops up on my face when under stress, lately, it started popping up on my chest. Yesterday, it was pretty bad on my chest. Probably something to do with the liver, I am sure my liver is working overtime right now.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

14 days and done with antibiotic. Still no change in constipation. My gums did lose a lot of the red, and became more pink, but still a little bit of red left. Definitely a pretty good improvement on gums.

Would I do this again? Probably not after reading about C. Difficile. Thats some pretty gnarly stuff.

Oh well, I tried.

narouz

Charlie said:
14 days and done with antibiotic. Still no change in constipation. My gums did lose a lot of the red, and became more pink, but still a little bit of red left. Definitely a pretty good improvement on gums.

Would I do this again? Probably not after reading about C. Difficile. Thats some pretty gnarly stuff.

Oh well, I tried.

Charlie, you're a true pioneer.
I salute you!

Don't feel like your experiment is a failure because you aren't seeing immediate changes.
Like I said, it might take your bowels and liver and whole body some time to recover
from the bombardment of antibiotics.

The more I study Peat the more I see how central the health of the intestinal tract is.
Honestly, I almost see it like anyone coming to Peat from a typical American diet
or a low-carb diet
should do a brief bombing of antibiotics
just because of the strong probability that their bowels are infested.
Hell, even Peat takes antibiotics intermittently,
and I would think he takes pretty good care of his bowels.

So, to me it was very worthwhile what you did,
if only because you ruled out one obvious and likely culprit in PeatWorld.

On another note
I just did a patented one-day antibiotic bombardment of my own war-torn bowels.
I used the 500mg amoxillin I had leftover from a dental thing last year.
I did 3 of them over the course of about 18 hours.

One interesting thing I noticed,
because I've been keeping my temps/pulse pretty carefully these days,
was that the antibiotics kinduv hammered my metabolism a bit:
markedly lower temps and pulses.
Did you get that?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Thanks for the cheering up narouz. I have to admit I am kinda down right now, but, I think that is the effects of the antibiotics.

Yes, my metabolism has been hammered. Especially the final 4 or 5 days of this. That was one reason I was going to quit about 10 days in because I was having the most difficult time keeping my temp and pulse up and nothing I did would help it.

I also have become really constipated, like stopped totally. Took a big dose of cascara tonight and that should take care of things for tomorrow. Also went ahead and did a big dose of charcoal today to push out as much toxins as possible, might repeat charcoal in a couple days.

Let us know if you seen any improvements from your antibiotic dosing.

narouz

kettlebell said:
Its a catch 22. Serotonin is used for muscle contraction in the intestine in normal healthy people and using this drug reduces serotonin so intestinal transit slows down.

You probably know this already, but the quote above from kettlebell, in regard to Ondanestron (misspelled, I'm sure :oops: ) might be a good sign for you--
indicating the annihilation of endotoxin
and therefore the removal of serotonin.

I guess everybody needs a little serotonin for bowel movement...?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Yeh I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I was also thinking, what if I was already pretty "sterile" and do not have enough serotonin to have good mobilization. So many variables, uggggh.

I had to take a pretty big dose of cascara to get things moving today. Triple the dose of what I usually take.

In the beginning of January I have a doctors appointment and he said he would run a ton of blood tests for me. So I am planning on asking him to check serotonin along with a bunch of other stuff.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Oh and my gums are looking pretty good. Not much red at all, a little, but not much. Nice and pink.

narouz

In addition to the lowered metabolism (pulse/temps), I also have had some near-diarrhea.
Isn't that more typical?
The pulse and temps are back up to normal today.

Before, and one reason (aside from being envious of your Minocycline Challenge)
I wanted to do a bit of antibiotics
was that...how to put it delicately...
I was having to "re-wipe" all the time.
I would have a bowel movement,
wipe, and then 1/2 an hour later
I would need to do so again.
Also, the tissue there felt irritated, swollen.

Too earlier to tell,
but I think that irritation and swollenness are better.

On the charcoal--
I believe that too can cause diarrhea, right?

I think I've heard Peat say that the carrot salad can stimulate bowel movement, hasn't he?
If so, you might intensify that--
bigger amount.

I think you're right about the psychological effect.
I think I felt a bit of that this time, even with my one-day dosing.
I was scared about M. Difficile (again, spelling wrong I'm sure) after my hospital stay/surgery/antibiotics,
because I was having persistent diarrhea and stomach cramping.
Looking back, that was just the result of a complicated appendectomy--the trauma to the intestines.
So my regular doctor gave me Flagyl as a precaution--
it is, I think, one of the first things they give you if M. Difficile is a possibility.
Boy, that stuff had horrible psychological effects.
So...I bet that's happening to some extent with you on your minocycline.

The M. Difficile threat (along with the antibiotic resistance threat)
is one thing I've had to do a lot of rethinking about
in terms of seeing it through a Peatian lens.
When I had taken all those antibiotics at the hospital
I felt I should eat some yoghurt,
even though I'd heard about Peat's preference for a sterile gut.
I thought: well, isn't that sterile gut exactly the setting for M. Difficile?
Better to have some "good" bacteria down there to guard against M. Difficile.
I guess Peat doesn't see it like that.
And I guess he doesn't worry about antibiotic resistance, either,
unless I've misconstrued how he takes his "occasional" antibiotic.

HDD

My daughter had c. Diff. during her 6 month chemo which included several rounds of antibiotics. I purchased Natren probiotic to combat it. She recovered from the c. Diff. In 3 days. When she began chemo I asked the dr. if she could take probiotics and another product (can't remember right now) and she said commercial yogurt would be ok but not the other n knowing what we would be putting in her gut. The other interesting thing was that they were not concerned with outside germs as much as what was inside.

HDD

Obviously, I didn't listen to the dr. when it came to the c. diff. She had already lost a lot of weight and had much diarrhea from cocktail of drugs they gave her.

Combie

FWIW,

About 3 months ago i took 5 drops of Grapefruit Seed extract and half a tablet of Augmentin as a one off dose. My gut has been flat ever since. I havent had constipation until 3 days ago when i thought i would see how i reacted to peas. Great idea that was! :oops:

Thing is, in that time, i havent exactly been regular and certainly not perfect poops, and i have still had a little mucus discharge which ive suffered from for years ever since i was prescribed Lactulose and reacted badly to it (which also gave me milk intolerance overnight, thanks)

I had put the less than satisfactory poops down to the lack of bulk in my diet. The discharge i feel is the wrong bugs in my colon, there doesnt seem to be a particular one food that does it. Wheat and nightshades for sure, possibly eggs, and sometimes with soft cheeses (i think). Seems to be no probs with my intestine, no bloating etc straight after eating, its later on if im gonna get discomfort.

I remember Peat saying the bacteria belong in the colon, not the intestine. I have heard of IBD patients having success with kefir grain enemas, apparently these strains are the ones youd want there. Ive some kefir grain in my freezer and ive also some S. Boulardii for oral use, i believe these are benign, or at least more so?

So what im thinking is one big old clearout by whatever means, kill all the bugs, then re-inoculate the colon via kefir grain enema. I tried cascara yesterday but it didnt do much, gave me a little bit of the runs that it. I have a load of Macrogol the doctor gave me ages ago. I know those types of laxatives arent cool, but as a one off to get things going in the right direction what do you think?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

I dont know Combie. I have some kefir grains but would be reluctant to try them. Although something good needs to happen eventually because I am comletely stopped up at the moment. I am completely at a loss on what to do.

Combie

I had tried both of the antibiotics i used before, but never together. I am certain its the combo that did the trick. I was starving at work today and ate a jacket potato with chilli, the best thing available.. 3 different nightshades, potato wasnt totally cooked like im used to, and kidney beans. Im in agony, but my gut is still flat. Killing the bacteria is obviously the first step, but if you dont introduce some beneficial or at least benign bacteria to take their place, then surely you will just get the same bugs back? and maybe some new gnarly ones that couldnt get a foothold before you wiped out the competition.

In his laxative abuse article, Peat says that chronic use of the usual stimulant laxatives leads to problems over time, but he also says in an interview (think one of the KMUDs) that you need to get the crap out of your gut. In this context, would macrogol or similar be on balance better than having a clogged up gut? My instinct says yes.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

I dunno about the beneficials, its all so darn complicated and who knows who is right??? I wish I knew which ones to take if any.

I do agree that the stuff must be moved out of the gut, but heck, its taking a huge dose of cascara to get things moving for me now but even that isnt working so well.

narouz

Charlie said:
I dunno about the beneficials, its all so darn complicated and who knows who is right??? I wish I knew which ones to take if any.

I do agree that the stuff must be moved out of the gut, but heck, its taking a huge dose of cascara to get things moving for me now but even that isnt working so well.

Charlie-

I wonder how Peat feels about enemas?
I know our own illustrious nwo2012
says good things about coffee enemas (think that's right).

Way back, like decades back,
when I was into all things hippie
I did a few regular water enemas.
It was kinda weird at first
but after a while I got used to it
and it was...cleansing!

Wouldn't a coffee enema have a laxative effect...?

Just tossing ideas out. :)

Combie

I was thinking coffee enema to sort of prepare the ground a bit after the clearout

Combie

Heres one for you. Ive just been in my friends car for a bit, a Volvo with heated seats. The heat totally helped with the discomfort, and loosening up a bit too

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Hmmm, coffee enema. Maybe I should try that. I am almost about to take a bunch of magnesium citrate just to get things moving.

narouz

Charlie said:
Hmmm, coffee enema. Maybe I should try that. I am almost about to take a bunch of magnesium citrate just to get things moving.

Charlie-
I wouldn't do the Citrate form of the magnesium
Listen to the "Milk, Calcium, and Hormones"
and you will hear Peat caution against these fancier,
supposedly better, chelates.
He definitely says no on the citrate forms,
as they have their own properties and problems.
It was the form of magnesium I had been using too,
so...my ears perked up at that.

narouz

And on the coffee enema thang...
I'd have to give that some thought, personally.
You could ask nwo2012 to discuss it--
he likes it as I recall.

But Peat might say:
just get your coffee through the regular end.
It detoxs the liver that way.
Some would argue the coffee/caffeine/magnesium
goes more directly to the liver via an enema.

But just pure, warm water sloshing around
in your colon...
that seems safe enough
and one can easily grasp how it would have a loosening and cleansing effect.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals