Antibiotic Advice - Clindamycin

Regina

I have searched the forum but still would like your ideas....
As a result of injury, I must have oral surgery next thursday; removal of old post and fractured tooth and implant inserted.
The surgery had to be booked a month out from learning that the fracture continued up along the root canal.

Dr. wrote script for 150mg Clindamycin to take beginning the day before surgery or IF gum gets inflamed then start prescription for 28 day course.

I haven't taken any. Yesterday, I dissolved 50mg of minocyclin in Mitolipin. I did the same today. I am eating carrot salad daily. I feel really good today.
I was thinking of just doing the 50 mg minocycline per day until night before surgery and just taking the Clindamycin for a couple of days.

I am hoping to avoid taking Clindamycin for 28 days. But I do want to clear away any infection post-surgery.

btw: otherwise feeling great. Haven't caught even the sniffles since Peating/haidut. So I hate to rock my successes.

Ellie18

I got really unlucky on clindamycin (prescribed for acne) and got a bruise while on it, and the bruise is still here to this day 4 years later. Not sure how that even happened.. but I just thought I would share my experience. I never had anything like that happen with any other antibiotic though.

OP
Regina

Regina

I got really unlucky on clindamycin (prescribed for acne) and got a bruise while on it, and the bruise is still here to this day 4 years later. Not sure how that even happened.. but I just thought I would share my experience. I never had anything like that happen with any other antibiotic though.
Thanks so much for your reply Ellie18!
I picked the script up today ahead of thursday's surgery.
I'm going to feel it out. I've got cascara, charcoal and a few minocycline pills here.
I may or may not turn to the clindamycin.
Thx!

Makrosky

I was prescribed clindamicin for 7 days, quite a big dose, I can't remember, maybe 300mg. Along with ibuprofen and a PPI for protecting the stomach from all these drugs. After, like you, hesitating about doing it or not... I did it. I took them all. I said, what the hell, it's just 7 days, I have a bloody infection in my mouth. It was for an infected root canal.

Nothing bad happened to me from the clindamicine. Quite the opposite indeed, I had a HUGE improvement in metabolism, mood, energy, etc. probably the clindamicine killing critters not only in the tooth but on the intestines.

Good luck with the surgery Regina, I hope you get better.

OP
Regina

Regina

I was prescribed clindamicin for 7 days, quite a big dose, I can't remember, maybe 300mg. Along with ibuprofen and a PPI for protecting the stomach from all these drugs. After, like you, hesitating about doing it or not... I did it. I took them all. I said, what the hell, it's just 7 days, I have a bloody infection in my mouth. It was for an infected root canal.

Nothing bad happened to me from the clindamicine. Quite the opposite indeed, I had a HUGE improvement in metabolism, mood, energy, etc. probably the clindamicine killing critters not only in the tooth but on the intestines.

Good luck with the surgery Regina, I hope you get better.
:angelic: Thank you!

Ellie18

Thanks so much for your reply Ellie18!
I picked the script up today ahead of thursday's surgery.
I'm going to feel it out. I've got cascara, charcoal and a few minocycline pills here.
I may or may not turn to the clindamycin.
Thx!
No problem! I was also eating a terrible diet at the time too, which could have had something to do with it.

ken

I was having a tooth removed at a dental school clinic the other day. when I ask if I should be taking antibiotics before hand they told me that it was no longer best practice.

OP
Regina

Regina

I was having a tooth removed at a dental school clinic the other day. when I ask if I should be taking antibiotics before hand they told me that it was no longer best practice.
thx for the input ken.

NathanK

My personal experience was that it gave me hives after my root canal 8 years ago. Only allergic reaction to any medicine ive ever taken. Havent touched the stuff since.

OP
Regina

Regina

I told the oral surgeon about not taking abx. He thought that since it is a front tooth (#8 in their numbering system), there is more involved--sinuses and such (than say a bottom tooth). He said, "we just did a whole lot to you." It's good I got it out though. The post from the former root canal and the surrounding tooth/bone matter had completely fractured (from an impact injury). That nasty thing was probably putting a lot of endotoxin stress on me. I did one 150mg clindamycin with breakfast before surgery. I'll take another one before bed.
I've done about 1.5 grams aspirin today since and some kuinone. And I just made myself an adult orange julius (OJ, lemon juice, vanilla syrup, heavy cream, orange bitters, rum and ice blended up. Yum). Only pain I have is where the awful shot into the roof of my mouth went. Dayam! That one hurt.
All good.

gp3690

I've been taking clindamycin for three days following a wisdom tooth pull and my scalp psoriasis that I've had for six years has gone away in three days!!

EIRE24

I've been taking clindamycin for three days following a wisdom tooth pull and my scalp psoriasis that I've had for six years has gone away in three days!!
Wow. Have you ever tried any other anti biotics?

gp3690

Not in a long time. The last time I was on antibiotics was probably in 2014, but I don't remember how my scalp was. I've tried basically everything for my dandruff/psoriasis. Sometimes it is brown hard scabs other times it's white flakes. I also have hair loss, I wonder if psoriasis is cured my hair will regrow or slow down the loss. This is the first time in years that I can put my finger on my scalp and feel a smooth surface. It's really amazing. I googled clindamycin + psoriasis and some articles did come up about dermatologists recognizing that it works.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals