Another Log. Yes I Am Better With This New Diet!

OP
Xisca

Xisca

OP
Xisca

Xisca

My hot flashes were reducing, and then last saturday, I ate less than usual, and they were increasing again!
What is interresting, according to Dalton's view (mess during 1 week when you have hypoglycemia), is that I got it in check again in much less than a week, may be 2 days.

The other news are that I checked my temps, and I have 36º4C, which is low, and exactly what I had as a teen. I was even loweer when a younger child.

My mother looked at her notes, and mentionned that doctors had said that I had...
... a low metabolism!
Of course they did nothing about it, and for sure my parents never were told what it meant...

OP
Xisca

Xisca

9 months after this sooo bad bronchitis, up slowly, big help from some supps... then another bronchitis in april, and now I am much better.
I am happy to have internet at home now, and browse more, well some excess I would say.... it will settle down by itself....
Happy to have found this of temp reset, as my temps have always been low.
From 35º5 in childhood, I was mostly around 36º5 as an adult.
And now it is fine!

As I posted in the reset topic:
I still had 37º1 yesterday night, and then relaxed in bed and it went down to 36º9, then felt asleep.
Tired this morning, and 36º5 in bed.
Stayed in bed, moved a little, started to move my brain too, the usuak thinking, motivation to what Im gonna do... and then temp went up 36º6
I felt like getting up.
Just doing a few things and temps went up slowly but surely, even without drinking warm. I had to do someting outside, just took a spoon of honey. Half an hour later I was at37º5, some light sweat under armpit, then took my coffee and some food.
Right now, sitting for a while, still with a warm jumper, but in sandals and feeling some cold on my feet, my temps are 37º1

Of course it is May... But I will watch carefully at staying warm.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

So, what are the recent changes?
I have internet and go to bed much too late at night, this is not good, and still no bad effect.
Surely compensated by the good mood to be able to communicate!??

I have a big bunch of bananas ripenning at the same time, (yes, from the garden!) so I have to eat a lot. At the same time I have boniatos, sweat potatoes.
And I recently had big gut issue from carbs, even rice.
Like wake up with burn during the night.
A spoonful of vinegar and then some water to rinse the oesophagus, and I was ok.
For sure I went back to take the betaine HCl I had been able to stop this winter.

Then I decided to take carbs not from grains, and to take them with enough saturated fat.
The mix is fine to have no issue with carbs.

I still have oranges and go on juicing them.

The big change is increasing honey.
Especially with egg yolk! But also by the spoonful, all day long.
And I think that is the best change with result...

Also, I went down on supps.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

I am also fighting the throat, amydal, gum inflamation.
Some homeopathy, then also I rinse mouth with baking soda after acids, so all meals I owuld say.
Well, in theory, as you know we never stick 100% to the theory!

Well I do stick to night wash, and then I put some white clay powder in my mouth, and sleep with it.
I clean all in the morning, and gargle etc
Still have some mucus but the tongue is better.
Throat still red.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Well, now I tell you the real big change.
Nervous system.
I have again started osteopathy, some very gentle type, and my neck is much better and many other points.

But still have some rib pain from caughing!
She worked on my belly last week.
My left side is always the painful one, and right is fine...
Working on fascias on the left was making me feel I was going to faint, at least I would not have gotten up!
It moves all organs I think. I had this before, and I know how good and powerful it is. But not nice to go through. It is not a big pain, you just feel bad, and some global pain, nothing acute.

Then went on, and started to work on the right, more comfortable.
But soon we both notice that this side was weak! I started to feel that this side was the one that was not ok, but that "put the fault and the burden" on the left side!

Well, in SE terms, left is activated and feeling, right was frozen and anestesiated.
So this is worse in reality.

Then she started to work on my belly again, and I told myself I should relax more so that it wold be easier to bear. Actually, it was the zone of the liver, and I am twisted, a little as if to let more room to the liver.
I make a spiral to the right.

This fascia pain puts you in some strange state, and as I started to relax, I had some vision of NDE. I was not really feeling this myself, but I felt they were telling me the story, and that it was good to stay in death, and so hard to come back. So I started to feel myself and think about it, well, I put myself in SE mode. Somatic Experiencing is about this, adding the soma experience to the rest.

So I was feeling this story of NDE, and feeling myself, and I started to have big emotions, with trembling and tears.
I can trust the therapist to be ok with this, she just asked me what was going on, I said to go on and I will explain after.
So she let me do my job.

I had reached the body feeling of having to fight for life as a still unborn fetus. I know I am easily into survival mode, but I could feel as much as it was for my muscle tensions. If I let go, my body feels going to death, and wants to come back to life. I let go, and then I could feel she could work on my belly, and my body was inviting her hands much more. She confirmed afterward. Sure I told her what went on, and we met on the feeling of what happened. Concordance.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

The real change came after this session. I have discovered the ability to really relax, not the sort of I knew.
I still have to work and integrate it, but my digestion is better, hotflash almost gone, urine much clearer, no urge at night.

I can also sit quiet and appreciate it more, though this is not perfect and I still have to feel this new thing more...

Result is a conjunction, take care of your nerves, most of our energy is bound into frozen reactions of the past. The body decide to have less amplitude and avoid something that is still full of charge. But it is frozen to let us live alone, though creating lots of body issues, that are still better than being in hell. Freeze patern are meant to be protective, but short in time. The only problem is to go out of it.

When I was living the process, it was not so nice, but I was not overwhelmed and I could contain it, I was just crying, then laughing in bursts, wth some waves in the body. I was like being born to a sunny place after fog going away.

The real change came after this session. I have discovered the ability to really relax, not the sort of I knew.
I still have to work and integrate it, but my digestion is better, hotflash almost gone, urine much clearer, no urge at night.

I can also sit quiet and appreciate it more, though this is not perfect and I still have to feel this new thing more...

Result is a conjunction, take care of your nerves, most of our energy is bound into frozen reactions of the past. The body decide to have less amplitude and avoid something that is still full of charge. But it is frozen to let us live alone, though creating lots of body issues, that are still better than being in hell. Freeze patern are meant to be protective, but short in time. The only problem is to go out of it.

When I was living the process, it was not so nice, but I was not overwhelmed and I could contain it, I was just crying, then laughing in bursts, wth some waves in the body. I was like being born to a sunny place after fog going away.

Fascinating. How did you discover this ability? Meditation? Or some other method?

OP
Xisca

Xisca

I am trained in Somatic experiencing, that is why I often speak of the autonomic nervous sytem, and the vagus nerve is a parasympathic nerve that inerve our organs to slow them, such as heart beats and guts motility.

So I can interprete my personal story, guess what could have caused issues, even if at conscious level, this is impossible to relate present and past events! But I know what can cause issues at nervous level, such as surgeries and around birth issues. They all create a tendency to have low metabolism, low temps and slow heart, because of the vagus nerve.

As I have learned to track my body sensations and know how to interprete what happens, and how to let it go through nervous discharge + reintegration of the energy that is released, I use it whenever I feel there is something. And better with another person than alone.

Of course I still use diet to diminish daily stress at this level, so that it also helps to reach more safely what is in stock!
Like what Buteyko says when you reach a better CP, mind what your body decides to de-stock!
Buteyko is easier to understand when you know the nervous system.
This LowTemp also was easy to understand and guess that the guy is right, though he does not use always the right words.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

And yes, I also use some meditation, but not that much, I should do more. But it is a creative meditation, an internal art, not only scanning the body and not at all trying to kill the mind and shut it down. It is more about creating a feeling of happyness whatever is happening. It is about tryiing to feel in unconditional way. It helps me to feel that there is this part in me even when I feel bad, like knowing the sun is there when there are clouds. It is like nurturing a little amber when you are a caveman and you want to light your fire later on! Now we have lighters, but for our inside fire it is better to keep a little flame of joy burning inside!

OP
Xisca

Xisca

My body temps seem to stay good!
Though recently I did not do what was the best for my metabolism.
I still stay careful and will rest this week.

I did not crash during the week-end, and it feels good, because I would not have been able to do that much little time before.

Actually, I did not have my thermometer, but now at home, I took it after sitting a while at the computer, and feeling cold feet because I am barefeet, and the house temp is 18ºC. My temp is 37º2 though I feel tired.

I feel tired but not crashing, this is not fatigue. I lack sleep and I am still fine!

Just to tell you that this was not the best conditions:
I travelled by plane thursday and monday, I could not eat my normal food, I spent 2 nights with almost no sleep, then 2 nights sleeping but talking until veeeery late with a friend.

I will take evening temps, and see if I sleep well, because I suppose I have some unbalance the other way round: temps stay high... Thus difficult to fall asleep.

Ho, and I was going some body work training, and all collegues said I had nicely warm hands!
Never before!
They do not know what they escaped from!

OP
Xisca

Xisca

I have received my genetic test results!
Hard to read though they explain a little bit....
Seems to confirm that I need B12 and folate, with a deficit in methylation.
Also confirm high fasting glucose tendency and risk for diabetis.
They advise for not taking sugar...
Also high homocystein probability.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Well, I put all about labs and looking for solutions alsewhere...
I was feeling great with temps going up, but....
I am 37º5 during the day while doing nothing but sit at the computer. When moving more, 37º7. Then can it explain hot flush...? My body can be right in wanting to lower a little the temp!
36º5 at night, well great, but I do not sleep great.

Yesterday, I did something that confirm the lactate and acidity problem. This night I woke up with burning throat and nose, and something acid that reminded me of the old days as a child vomiting bile!

Today I have a balloon belly. And low stamina.
I woke up with 36º6 and 37º5 again, and then I felt some cold, but still 37º2.
I have gained a little fat and I still have pains and aches.
And before full moon is never my best moment...

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Well, it seems we have a mind that likes to create coherence by filling whatever gap we have!
We have gaps in physiology, in emotions... and busy minds fills the gap, in an intent to make us feel this is all logical and fine.
So,
I am busy with the Hair Test
What says Ecks FITS 100% what I know about the parasympathetic system.
And other people said it FITS what they know in other branches -> So we must have a tree there...

Using sugar and coffee was good at times for me, but when eating dairies and sugar, I definitely fall quickly into throat and lungs problems with infections. And this cost me a lot. I do not have such problems with fruits and honey, so this is different in a way or another.

Context is all, and time to work more on it! When and for whom a Ray Peat diet is good? It seems that high fruit diets fits fast oxidizers and people who have high sugar and even diabetis. I seemed to be slow, BUT I also have many features of fast!

Fine, an mixed type seems to exists, and it correspond to sympathetic and parasympathetic being active at the same time. Well fine, that fits what I learned about my nervous system, and I am not the only one too have traumas and to be locked in some past activations, covered by the slowliness of a parasympathetic grip.

What was my original type? I guess we all had a balanced type one day... except maybe like when like me something happened as an accident very early in life.

OK and the present?
Thyroid in the normal-low range, but all seem to show that I use adrenaline with efforts to motivate me. I look like a fast oxidizer apart from low pulse and low blood pressure. I need more thyroïd for sure, but not by taking some I think! What can I change ? Let's do the hair test!

OP
Xisca

Xisca

"Log little log, help me think and organize the theory for myself! "

ta-ta-ta-taaaam, I will compare with the hair test results later!
My guesses....

Though I have some characteristic of fast oxidizers (I will see the whats&whys later), I am a slow oxidizer, as a base. I retain too much CO2 and generally hypoventilate.
- I was a baby with low metabolism (at least for diagnosis doctors can be useful... cannot say they did something for me...)
- I have a bad posture with some bad ribs, and though a belly breather, my shoulders were not doing their job.
- I can make my CP go up easily with very little Buteyko.
- I do need an active life to feel good.
- I think my metabolism relies more on adrenals than thyroid

Fine, now consequences:
acidosis : potassium goes outside of the cell as the body will want to lower metabolism to decrease production of CO2.
Slow oxidizers have 2 problems either adrenaline receptors or lack of methylation.
Seems to be methylation for me.
(B12 helped me in methyl form, and I have some of those mutations...)
This eating sugar caused them to retain tons of PUFAs in their tissue. And now they have insensitive adrenaline, this is why they retain sodium in the cell, and sodium in their hair and venous blood is low. Sodium in the cell makes them more sensitive to adrenaline
I never was a sugar eater because I was warned very young that I could get diabetis "because of a bad pancreas".
I have been slim all my life.
Does this sodium stuff has anything to do with SWELLING? Because I don't, and it would rule out the adrenaline receptor hypothesis.
Also, I do not have anxiety nor problems to control my moods, no adrenaline rush.
So probably:
1) lack of adrenaline from lack of methylation ( methylation block) and normal serotonin

Then...
Is this for women the same?
if you are a slow oxidizer-- you are high copper. If you take estrogen, that will chelate your copper (like resveratrol does). and when you quit estrogen, this will increase your metabolic baseline.
If you take progesterone, that will chelate your zinc. and after quiting progesterone your met rate will be slower than before.
I take progest-e and I got better with zinc.

Then...
Your cortisol is high since you are resistant to cortisol. To cure this you either turn off cortisol, or you put pressure on it.
fasting does exactly that. Puts pressure on it. So after you come off of the fast, your base level of cortisol will be down. And numbers of the cortisol receptors will be increased. and during stressful times you will need less cortisol

I will sum up what I think about "Me & my cortisol" later!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom