Another Log. Yes I Am Better With This New Diet!

Xisca

I decided to start it too!

I am better, yes. More energy, though I had some very very big stresses.
But I have a bigger belly, and yellow covering of the tongue. I had it lighter and white before!

I also take 25mg syntrhtic thyroid, the one from the farmacy.
Well, I was told I was silly to do it without blood tests, because if I not hypothyrioid, then I can start to be!

I also take the E complex with progesteron once per day.

I did not notice anything special after taking them, as only with sugar and coffe I was better.
Actually I do not eat sugar, or almost never, but half a kg of honey per week and fruits.

After a moment of refusing veggies, I started to crave them, and come back to some sald mix from the garden.
I eat a lot of gelatine food, and wanted a steak, that I bought today. I eat local cheese and I have some eggs from my 2 hens.

Great, the instinct is working!

My questionning at the moment is to decide or not having a blood test....
If I want to have thyroid tested, how long should I stop the eutyrox before the test?

Also, doctors are not good here (in my only experience of being given antibiotics without even looking at me...), so I would need to come to the visit with the list of what I want to test! I would go just for having the paper to go to the lab...

sweetpeat

Personally, I would rather have labs, but that’s just me. I mean, I think you said you have hypothyroid symptoms, so you could go just by symptoms, like they did in the old days. But if you get labs, it might give you more clues as to how best to proceed. For example, if you have good t4 but low t3 levels, it probably indicates a conversion problem. If you’re only taking t4 (I assume the 25mg syntrhtic thyroid is t4 only?) and have problems converting it to t3, then you might in fact feel more hypo. Peat says this in his writings – that especially for women, too much t4 can make hypothyroidism worse because the body has trouble converting it to the more active t3. I’m not saying this is your problem (though it is for many women due to excess estrogen), but I’m just giving you an example of how labs could help you fine-tune things faster.

As far as what to test, I think the basic things would be TSH, total t4, and total t3. Also, it would be good to know your cholesterol. Peat says not to start thyroid supps if your cholesterol is too low. You could certainly do more labs than this to get a better over-all picture of your current health, but that may depend on whether cost is an issue. Do you have to pay for these tests yourself or is it covered by your health plan?

Since you haven’t been taking the thyroid supps that long and you said you didn’t notice a difference anyway, I would probably stop taking them before the test so you can get an idea of what your body is producing on its own. Waiting at least 2 weeks would be a good idea if you choose this option.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

It all make sense to me, as my 1st problem is low progesteron, at least for a few years. I thought it was nrmal due to age, so did not take it into account that much. So I guess high estrogen. And I do not usually test cholesterol, as an old test said it was... too low.

Yes I have to pay for it myself all. But I think I have to test all that goes together, all that influence each other. I guess every one have the problem to know was is a cause and what is a consequence. May be just 1 supplement, the one that is at the root, would be the best choice, if we can find which it is!!!

OP
Xisca

Xisca

I have received the e-progest and I take 3 drops every day, not easy to calculate 3, with the oily form! I have no idea how to decide to take just this or more.
Does some one know how many servings of 3 drops are in this lttle bottle? I think I will have to order soon, because it takes time to come.

I got periods within 3 weeks, but very little.
Before the change of diet, I had in January a moment with nothing, and hot flashes. I took essential oil of salvia sclarea, and it worked. Or would it have been the same without it? ...Never know...

Of course, it is a estrogenic plant! So I will not take it any mre. But how can it work if the problem is a lack of progesteron?

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Ho I did not tell you the best!
I AM FREE TO EAT SUGAR!

I have been restricted since childhood! Actually, I did have bad symptoms when I was eating some, so I was really sure it was bad.

AS LONG AS I DO NOT EAT STARCH, I AM OK WITH SUGAR!

I remember having a red spot on my face each time I would eat a piece of cake. But sugar was an issue because of flour! Also, I could easily have a cold, a sore thrat, for eating sugar, especially if with a dairy. I really suppressed all this by suppressing sugar and dairies.

The difference now is that I eat natural goat dairy, not industrial cow dairy, and I eat organic sugar, still very little, and honey and FRUITS.

Bluebell

Xisca said:
Does some one know how many servings of 3 drops are in this lttle bottle? I think I will have to order soon, because it takes time to come.

Hello, it's around 930 drops so that's around 310 servings of 3 drops. The drops you make are pretty small in size. Glad you are enjoying the diet, it's great having sugar.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

That much is a surprise, because the drops look so big to me! I try to make them as small as possible, but they are oily and bigger than watery drops, and even bigger than essential oils drops.

I eat so much dates, bananas, other fruits, that in the end I eat little "sugar".
Dates with coffee with coconut oil is a real treat!

I am sad to say that I stopped HONEY, because it makes me fart right away....
I tried to stop, then take some again, and the change is absolutely and clearly linked to honey.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Hellooooooo!
...From wifi café, taking green tea for a change
and with some dates, yuuuum!

I was too late at the lab for tests, but got the answer:
yes if you pay you can get whatever you want analysed.
I have stopped all supplements of course.

And, the BIG experiment!
I go 2 weeks fat-free!

I have found a german cheese that is 2% fat, to have a little.
I have just bought a calf tongue.
Then some seafood.

And LOADS of fruits. I do it now because I can have a lot of papaya, melon and watermelon.
Also bananas and dates and raisins.
What I miss most is olive oil for salads....
And coco oil with my carrot.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

It is so hot that I am not cold anymore. But my heart is still under 60 bits per mn.
I am sill tired, but a coffee with sugar is efficient.
Actually, with little fat and without starch, it is not easy to eat enough sugar.
Have you ever come to te point of being disgusted by sweet taste????

Who on earth dicided that it is not healthy to eat more than 4 times a day?
Just look at animal, they do not care for this stupidity, poor pets having to stand human standarts...

I decided that I was going to ask my body, and it is all right with eating more or less every 2 hours.
I just cannot pour down food, even if it is great fruits.
I eat what I can, and then leave it.
ok, I am hungry before we are supposed to, and then what? I just eat again.

My cats always want to eat, but when they catch a lizard, they cannot eat more than half.
They leave it and catch another one later, or maow at me, which is easier...

along with some meditation and somatic experiencing work, I have quite good mood, although i recently had some emotional shock. I lived it fully at the moment, and then it is gone, I feel peace instead of ressentment I could have had. It is more important for me than happiness!

tara

IIRC, Peat said taste for sweet is a good guide - when sweet things start to taste bad, it means glycogen is full and you can't use anymore.

I love tongue. Not low fat though.

I'd struggle with 4 meals a day, too.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Thanks for answer and support!
I have to eat much more than 4 meals, as I cannot eat a lot. 7 big dates or a papaya or a big peace of watermelon are all I can take at 1 meal.

glycogen is full, or I cannot use it? I am tired. It takes me all day to feel ok, and then I cannot go to bed!

I really have to get as much animal protein as I can with the fruits. I boiled the tongue so that some fat went away.

I am lean, so may be that was useless to go very low fat.
Surprisingly, I feel nauseous, I do not understand why.
I just want to stop suffering from tendons and joints!
I want some strengh back.

Peata

Sounds like hypothyroid (and estrogen) symptoms from what I've read and similarly experienced in the past.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

I did the analysis this week! As soon as possible I go and look for the results.
The RT3 will be ready in only 1 month because they send it away, it is not common.
Forgot TSH, hope it will not be missed to understand the rest....

I did not do at the moment the total free fatty acids, for the high cost.
And did not do adrenaline cortisol, because I went there at 10, and they would not do cortisone after 9.
They told me that it was a night hormone, and not possible to interprete a later result.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

I go on with a lot of fruits and fish and octopuss, a lot of gelatine in it.

I am back on some fat, after 2 weeks off.
Nothing special to say...
Still very bad mood, but it might have nothing to do with the diet.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

I got my results this morning, and they look much more normal than expected!
Well may be not that much for progesterone...

Thyroid looks good:
Total T3 1.48ng/ml
Total T4 9.95 mcg/dl
Which is nearer to the max. range they give than the mini, great!
But is it sure that those results can be relied on, I mean when they look ok?

transferrina 226 mg/dl
creatinina 0.87 mg/dl - max 1.1
albumina 4.6 g/dl - max 5.2
calcio 9.4 mg/dl - max 10.6
sodio 139.8 mEq/l - max 145
potasio 4.5 mEq/l - max 5
magnesio 2.4 mg/dl - max 2.5

For progesterone, it happened that it was the 1st day of my periods, that were 1 week too early, which happen a lot, I am 50.
Progesterone 2.2 ng/ml
And the minimum for luteal luteal period is said to be 2.3...
So I bet that my periods happen too early when the progesterone is not enough to sustain to whole cycle, am I right?

Does it mean that the best for me is not tyroid suppl but progest-E?

Then glycemia is "mas o menos":
108mg/dl instead of between 74 and 106
a little too high.

They also did hemoglobina glicolisada, which is to know about glycemia during the last 3 months.
The result is 5.3% or 34 mmol/mol = in the middle of the normal range.
glucosa media estimada 106 mg/dl

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Please, some one has any idea about my questions, if i am right in my interpretation?
Can there still be something wrong with my thyroid?

Is progesterone low level enough to explain cold or losing hair?

OP
Xisca

Xisca

I am still enjoying some sugar with satisfaction, but I went backward with dairy.
I am almost sure I feel a difference in my nose/sinus.
I have absolutely no digestive problem with milk, but I do have some ORL problems with it.

This is quite strange, because this is only very good local goats' products.
My nose is not totally free when off dairy, but it goes worse if I eat some.

The other good news is that at the moment I have rentroduced some potatoes and can digest them.
Still off any grain!

At the moment I enjoy autumn with a loooooooooooooot of fruits!
If you never had a chirimoya, try it whenever you have the oportunity....

Still no opinion about my previous post? "just" to need Thyroid would have been soooo easy!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Peata said:
post 91045 Sounds like hypothyroid (and estrogen) symptoms from what I've read and similarly experienced in the past.
I agree with Peata. Are you still cold and losing hair?

Last edited by a moderator:

tara

Xisca said:
post 93857 Please, some one has any idea about my questions, if i am right in my interpretation?
Can there still be something wrong with my thyroid?

Is progesterone low level enough to explain cold or losing hair?

Hi Xisca,

I don't remember the normal ranges for you test results, so I can't comment on them.
I have a better idea about TSH, which you don't have.
Inexpert thoughts:
If you have hypothyroid symptoms with normal T3 and T4 levels, one reason can be elevated reverse T3, which blocks the action of T3. I don't think you have the rT3 level tested.
I think rT3 may rise when the body thinks that running the metabolism as fast as the T3 or T4 levels would suggest runs the risk of being too fast being beyond available resources.

If you are supplementing T4 only, and your T3 levels are in a reasonable range, that is a good sign that you are able to convert T4 to T3.

I can't remember if you have posted about how much you eat. Average weight-stable non-dieting women eat about 2500 cals/day. Eating very much less can be a contributor to reduced thyroid function. Are you getting at least 80g/day of protein? Is it possible for you to get a reasonable amount of calories in while going very low fat?

If estrogen is inhibiting the release of thyroid hormones from the thyroid gland, then progesterone can help release tem into circulation. If there is already a normal amount of T3 and T4, and metabolism still seems low, then I would guess that progesterone alone may not be enough to solve this.

Last edited by a moderator:

sweetpeat

Xisca, what is the reference range for the transferrin? My lab gives a range of 250-450. If your range is similar, then it looks to me like your transferrin is pretty low. But I think this reading is hard to interpret without other iron labs. You may want to consider getting a full iron panel to see if something is going on with your iron levels. Both too high iron and too low can cause problems similar to what you're experiencing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom