Another Log. Yes I Am Better With This New Diet!

OP
Xisca

Xisca

First of all, thanks for your help and I am sorry not to have come before. Actually, I do not know if there is a way in this forum to be informed about answers, which would help, I connect only from outside home as I have no internet at home.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

I agree with Peata. Are you still cold and losing hair?
Yes, except when I have hot flashes!
The hair loss is not big.

The thyroid was normal in the blood test, and I got the result for the reverse, and it was in the normal range as well. So, of course I do not go on with taking any tiroxin.

I stayed a few weeks with no E-progest, then got it again, and had my last periods december 2015. Then started the hot flashes.... Sleep problems added.... I am now taking progesteron 3 TIMES per day! It is a little better.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

I think rT3 may rise when the body thinks that running the metabolism as fast as the T3 or T4 levels would suggest runs the risk of being too fast being beyond available resources.

I can't remember if you have posted about how much you eat. Average weight-stable non-dieting women eat about 2500 cals/day. Eating very much less can be a contributor to reduced thyroid function. Are you getting at least 80g/day of protein? Is it possible for you to get a reasonable amount of calories in while going very low fat?

If estrogen is inhibiting the release of thyroid hormones from the thyroid gland, then progesterone can help release tem into circulation. If there is already a normal amount of T3 and T4, and metabolism still seems low, then I would guess that progesterone alone may not be enough to solve this.

Tara, help me understand you better. It is good sign that I do not understand well, it means I have a chance to learn something useful!

rT3 was normal, the result came much after, as they had to send it to Barcelona!
I will look if it was more on the high side...
I went low fat ONLY 2 weeks, and I eat an incredible amount of fat every day, butter, coconut oil, oilve oil, and also meat, bone broth, honey, raw goat cheese, fresh orange juice, loads of bananas.

So, for the rT3, may be it is not a risk of low resource, but the risk for the nervous system! Some fight might show up, as I am easily in a freeze response. Is the rT3 varying a lot in the day and in the month?

The problem with progesteron is the most obvious, and what else if what I take is not enough?
I still have irregular energy, and some stange feelings that I do not know if they are from sugar going up and down.

Ho, I am very helped with marjoram oil, I take it when I feel so much in a bad dark cloudy mood!

I do not know if I take too much progesteron, the 3 drops 3 times per day, but it looks as if I have less flashes and less hot and less long, and more sleep.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Xisca, what is the reference range for the transferrin? My lab gives a range of 250-450. If your range is similar, then it looks to me like your transferrin is pretty low. But I think this reading is hard to interpret without other iron labs. You may want to consider getting a full iron panel to see if something is going on with your iron levels. Both too high iron and too low can cause problems similar to what you're experiencing.

I never thought about iron until now.
I will look at the reference range, I just remember that all seemed ok except the progesteron.
I have noo good access to liver, much less than before, but I do not crave it.
Apart from blood test, is there a way to estimate it?

There is something else I investigate: I go dairy a lot now, and it is not the cause of my sinus problems! As it stayed the same with or without.
I decided to remove all my 5 dead teeth, as I think I have a focal infection.
This could be a great explanation for my state, if alll my energy goes to fighting this!!!

one more thing: I am into Buteyko, and it works a marvel. I get rid of my headaches so quick with the reduced breathing!

It all goes together, and the root of our problems is a bad cellular respiration, so not good glucose use, little atp produced, bad nerves and activation etc. And pain from lactic acid.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
Xisca

Xisca

Ok, thanks Charlie.

I have started to take progest-E 4 times a day, and it seems there is a change, for better!
As I read there is no excess...
The hot flashes are receding.
I am more than a zombie in the morning.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Well, hot flashes went away, and my periods came back!
Strange, I thought that a lot of progesteron suppressed periods?

Then, I have little access to organ meats, so I have spent 5 years with almost no liver etc.
And I ate liver yesterday, and was feeling really better and warmer!
So I gegin to think that yes I might need iron....

I used to be fond of eating meat, and since I eat a lot of cheese, well I do not want meat as before....
I will look for other sources of iron, and try to find liver!

tara

The hot flashes are receding.
I am more than a zombie in the morning.
:)
Well, hot flashes went away, and my periods came back!
Strange, I thought that a lot of progesteron suppressed periods?
I've been taking progest-e nearly every day for more than 2 years. Menstrual cycle continues, if a little erratic at times.

And I ate liver yesterday, and was feeling really better and warmer!
So I gegin to think that yes I might need iron....
Or all the other goodies in liver - vit-A, B-vits, minerals, ...
Yay for liver.

I will look for other sources of iron, and try to find liver!
Both too much and too little iron can occur. Unless you have tests showing low iron status, I would not assume you need more.
Iron's Dangers

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Well, sweetpeat said "it looks to me like your transferrin is pretty low", and in Europe we do not have that much added iron in food, and I am off "common food" for years.
So, how could I have too much iron? Isn't it linked to added iron?

For the rest of vitamins, well, a nearly cereal-free diet can be low in vitaminB.
My main source of calory is the banana, I eat 5 kgs per week.
Then I eat my own oranges, raw carot and cabbage (the tender express cabage is a treat!), some other green leaves like dendelion, chicory...
I eat eggs and raw fresh ecological goat cheese, and avocados.
I eat a lot of butter, creme fraiche, and also coconut oil, cacao butter, olive oil.
My only nuts are macadamia and some occasional local raw almonds.

I dring less coffee than a few months ago, and only in the morning, have some cacao too. I eat some dates with the coffee. I also have some home-made jam, great like this week I almost have no bananas!

I am in town and had a great meal:
1/2 kg goat yogurt with 1/4kg of local strawberry jam (yes 60% fruit and sugar and nothing else!)
Then I got a coffee with 2 of this gluten-free coco/whiteegg cookies....

Clearly, what I do not eat are carbohydrates, so cereals and pulses
(ho, I have eaten fresh broad beans from the garden, so I can pick tehm before they make the big seed. They are almost like green beans.... )
Strangely for an island, I have difficulties in getting regular fish. And I eat few liver or other organs. Here, animals all eat treated unorganic unripe bananas.... so i want to avoid pesticides!).
I have octopus from time to time, as I can get it frozen.

I dunno if there is a clear "over" for something, or a clear "missing" for another....
The fact is that it is not the 1st time I notice a very clear effect of eating liver.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

I've been taking progest-e nearly every day for more than 2 years. Menstrual cycle continues, if a little erratic at times.

How much do you take and what did you notice as a clear change due to taking it?
(when doing more than one thiing at a time makes it difficult to know what makes a difference...)

I thought Peat said that you had to leave it at times if you wanted to keep periods. Might be individual...

I also use marjoram oil for mood.
Unfortunately I have stress due to building work, known to be stressing.
I know how to remove stress when it is over, but it is quite difficult to stay voluntarily in a stressing situation! Impossible to stay half-way of a building work....

I feel like I am a fool giving the tool for being beaten more, or "if they give you on one cheek, show the other".... More over, it is fighting with the wind, because the main problem is incompetence, sometimes more than doing bad things on purpose. I am sure it is not Spanish but.... The story of someone fighting with windmills IS Spanish!

tara

I thought Peat said that you had to leave it at times if you wanted to keep periods. Might be individual...
It wouldn't surprise me if it is very individual.

My main reason for using it was to see if it would help reduce migraine frequency, since estrogen excess can apparently be a contributor to that.

I intended to take it for just two weeks on and two weeks off, but I got to like it so much, and felt that it did have a fairly quick effect sometimes against mild migraine threat, and was not willing to forego my next doses, and my period came anyway, so I just continued every day. At the beginning I took 3 drops x 5/day. Over the following months I increased the quantity till I was getting through a bottle in 2-3 weeks. Initially I was trying to measure carefully, but after a while I started just squirting some straight in my mouth, occasionally taking quite large doses to see if it could stop a migraine underway. Usually 5x/day, but occasionally I'd accidentally miss a dose. I think this meant the dose was less regular. I think menstruation can be triggered by a drop in progesterone levels. So maybe I triggered menstruation by occasionally missing a dose or taking less some days. I wasn't tracking the timing very carefully during that time, so I don't know how regular it was. Overall migraine frequency and severity did not improve noticeably.

Then a year or so ago I found myself wanting to try less, so I dropped back to a measured amount ~3 drops twice a day. I missed one by accident recently and started menstruating the next day. For the first time in more than two years I've gone several days without any. I'm planing to resume after two weeks, and see if it works as well to have two weeks on, two weeks off.

There are people who use it with different application and timing systems for contraceptive purposes.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Now I am less afraid to go up the dosis! I never took that much.
Yes I also had my periods when I lost the bottle for a day.

Buteyko works well for my headaches (double grain, I have both sides, but not as much as lost of sight etc, I still had to go to bed, and it is gone!).
Actually what works best is to relax some postural tight muscles that tighten the jugular foramen. I should write this in your log!

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Yesterday I had lost the bottle of progesterone, and periods that were going away coming back!!!!!
And today I have a nearly head-ache. I cannot do the breathing exercice properly, but I guess just enough to keep in check....

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Finally, I got another headache and had to go to bed early at night, before full night.... May be some stress and eating marmelade all day did not help? Marmelade with creme fraiche! Guava and apple marmelade, home-made and good.
I think too much sugar is not the best either...

And 2 teeth out today!

OP
Xisca

Xisca

I will come back with more time, but I do not feel weel, had a big big flue, bronquitis and alergia etc, and after 2 months I still have some fever with a sore throat. My immune system seems tired, I do not sleep so well as I used to, I loose weight and did not need it at all.... I do not digest well, I have acupencture but still no improvement. And hot flashes are back....

OP
Xisca

Xisca

It took me time, but I am nearly back to my former energy level!
I have decided to sleep more, or even stay in bed more, because sun is lower, even in subtropics.
So, I spend 10-12 hours per day in bed, from sun to sun, 8-9pm to 7-8am!
And I do not worry when I do not sleep or when I wake up during the night.
I usually eat something at the end of the night and go back to bed.
I feel hungry at 4 or 5 in the morning.

Also, I am better even without coffee in the morning, and I take coffee only if my body wants energy.

I have decided to eat more often and try to find the necessary amount for each meal.
My goal is to eat every 3 hours.

But I do not want to loose the great benefit for having been off sugar and starches for long, as my guts got benefit from this diet.

I think White rice and potatoes are fine if cooked 1 hour.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

When writing over the computer,you know the posture... I noticed something strange at belly level, a disconfort.... that was some new fat growing!

Grrrr, I do not want this. I still have not put on correct muscles, and fat is the last thing I want to put on.

More over, going to the toilets that often is what I had eliminated by eliminated most carbs, and the problem goes back, and that is not fine....

OP
Xisca

Xisca

I received a packet today, with coconut oil, betaine hcl, vit k and d.

Well, I fit in my trousers as before, but with obvious fat! It came so fast wwhen I ate more sugar....
But but but, big problema, I feel super bad.
Cravings when I eat more carbs.
I just want to eat as if I would like to scratch my stomach!
It is as when you have a mosquito bite and want to do something about it.

I just feel nervous and have flushings even more.

And I was thinking about something that went wrong this year....
I had got rid of all flues and colds by removing sugarr and dairies from my diet.
I went back to dairies thanks to goat cheese, a natural local kind of cheese.
And no problem with it.

And this year, 1st cold in february more or less,
and 2nd one this summer, and bad as never before.
So, even if I could notice some better energy at the beginning, now I think I am worse thann before. I sometimes feel as if I were out of myself in a dream. A weird physical sensation.

I have bought some creme fraiche and yogurt, organic, a week ago, and it seems to have been worse with this. And I eat a lot of fruits, now I have oranges in the garden for making juice, and I have mangoes, chirimoya, guavas....
The perfect tropical fruits!
I have dates with me for cravings, and I keep eating all day, and I cannot calm the want of my stomach.

Something is wrong.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Last friday I bought B12, in the methylcobalamine form.
Saturday I was great
sunday too
monday too
tuesday too
wednesday too...
Today BAD!

Yesterday evening I ate quite a lot of good goat fresh cheese....
I had not for a few days...
Conclusión, I suppress dairies.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Glutathione Depletion/Methylation Blockades in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
I have been Reading this, and arrive at the conclusión that I am going to do the gentic test of genova, and ask my father to do so, as he has some strange muscle symtoms....
Maybe we have the same genetic problema with methyl pathway?

Those tests seem awesome, I will have some of them, as the stool test and acids test. It can give so many informations! Hopefully!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom