Minocycline Antibiotic Log And Constipation Woes

narouz

Charlie said:
I think its pretty much gone. Maybe we have thrush cause of all the sugar? :shock: :tinfoilhat

You're doing all that coconut oil pulling.
Have you found that to be effective against the thrush?
It seems pretty effective to me,
and I don't do it anywhere near as long or frequently as you do.
But mine doesn't seem 100% gone yet.

Did you cut back on sugar?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yes, definitely effective on the thrush.

No, not gonna cut back on sugar I don't think.

Full steam ahead! :lol:

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:rockout

Ray-Z

Narouz:

Thanks for pasting in j's emails and your summary of Peat's views. I now have a much better sense of how Peat uses antibiotics. IIRC, peatarian also recommended low-moderate doses (in the acclaimed serotonin thread?).

narouz

My pleasure, Ray-Z.

Now I just wish we could figure out why Peat seems to be so against probiotic stuff
like kefir and fermented vegetables.
Well, I know, obviously the lactic acid.
But, given the difficulties us humans get ourselves into--
like Charlie and I with our thrush or whatever the hell it is--
given those kind of commonly occuring problems...
...it would seem that Peat would be for probiotic use in some situations.

I mean, it seems inevitable that the intestines are going to be occupied by something,
and it seems clear that the good guys are better to be occupied by than the bad,
so...?

J

j.

narouz said:
I mean, it seems inevitable that the intestines are going to be occupied by something,
and it seems clear that the good guys are better to be occupied by than the bad,
so...?

Maybe he didn't research in detail who are the good guys and doesn't trust other people's research (which seems to be wrong very often)?

Birdie

What happened to Peatarian?

Ray-Z

narouz said:
...it would seem that Peat would be for probiotic use in some situations.

so...?

Sounds reasonable to me.

I wonder if Peat's rebuttal would be that the low/moderate doses of abx he recommends will not completely eradicate the "good" beasties. In other words, maybe if you follow Peat's recommendations for moderate dosage & duration, you don't really need probiotics. Only the folks who use unPeat doses and create an intestinal version of The Killing Fields will need the kefir.

I am just speculating here. I don't really know how he would respond to your question, which has been bothering me for a long time, too.

Birdie said:
What happened to Peatarian?

Excellent question! I have wanted to contact her for a while (to wish her well and ask her for some book recommendations), but alas, she is no longer accepting PMs.

kiran

Charlie, would it impolite to ask you when the last time Peatarian visited the form was?

J

j.

I wonder if it's possible to have constipation on a diet with very few solid foods. For example, if you don't consume cheese at all and consume milk instead, is it possible to keep having constipation with no improvement?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:confused

pboy

You'd probably still have less frequent, peanut butter consistency stools like a baby who only drinks milk. I'm under the impression that constipation has to do with tension or nutrient deficiency. (Things that would hinder peristalsis). But it would be an interesting experiment indeed

asajulian

j. said:
I wonder if it's possible to have constipation on a diet with very few solid foods. For example, if you don't consume cheese at all and consume milk instead, is it possible to keep having constipation with no improvement?

I think so. There are so many factors involved, but the largest I think is sympathetic nerve activity which shifts energy away from digestion. Anything that gets you back into the parasympathetic state will improve digestion and motility. Salt, getting outside, laughing, etc.

aquaman

Re: Minocycline Antibiotic Log

Charlie said:
I didnt drink milk on Paleo.

Yes, I do think I should cut it out for a while and see what happens. I would think I would get an answer within a couple weeks time.

Resurrecting this Charlie - did you get anywhere towards solving your issues ? Was it the milk?

Also what are your thoughts on Minocycline now after a year or more since this?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
It was from a combination of really bad metabolism, and also taking Dr Schulzes intestinal formula #1 that has some really bad stuff in it. I wrote about it earlier in the thread.

I now take massive man patty dumps.

I think Minocycline is great when you need it. I dont think I needed it. I just needed a better working metabolism and to get off that Dr. Schulzes crap. That stuff will make it so that you have to keep taking it. Bad bad bad.

hang loose

It was from a combination of really bad metabolism, and also taking Dr Schulzes intestinal formula #1 that has some really bad stuff in it. I wrote about it earlier in the thread.

I now take massive man patty dumps.

I think Minocycline is great when you need it. I dont think I needed it. I just needed a better working metabolism and to get off that Dr. Schulzes crap. That stuff will make it so that you have to keep taking it. Bad bad bad.

@charlie
How did you fix your metabolism?

Astolfo

@charlie

I couldn’t read the whole topic, I’m apologizing for that.

Could you find a way to recover from your last antibiotic trial? What did you do?

I’m planning to take 1 gram amoxicillin per day for a few days. I don’t know what should I do if something bad happens.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals