Minocycline Antibiotic Log And Constipation Woes

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yes I think the cheese is what have might started all this, although, I cannot be 100% positive. But tracking back it seems so. :(

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Decided to skip the magnesium citrate today. Figured it might be better to get off these laxatives once and for all. I am hoping that if there was any senna left in the bowels that the body used it up.

Seems like the potatoes helped to start things moving a little bit. I am trying to "train" myself to go again without the use of a laxative. So I basically just go and sit and wait. Well, every time I go and sit and wait, I do get a little bit of movement. To me this is great news as it would seems things are not totally shut down.

Combie

Charlie said:
Decided to skip the magnesium citrate today. Figured it might be better to get off these laxatives once and for all. I am hoping that if there was any senna left in the bowels that the body used it up.

Seems like the potatoes helped to start things moving a little bit. I am trying to "train" myself to go again without the use of a laxative. So I basically just go and sit and wait. Well, every time I go and sit and wait, I do get a little bit of movement. To me this is great news as it would seems things are not totally shut down.
If you are successfully removing the cause, one final purge might be worthwhile..I'm going to have a dose of mag oxide tonight

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Things are sorta moving today, not much, but a little. So I am gonna roll with it. Thinking its best to stay as far away from any laxative that I can at this point.

J

j.

Is there such a thing as a "best fruit for pooping"? Maybe grapes are good?

J

j.

Also, Charlie, what water do you drink. I just read yesterday on Lita Lee that plastic water and Reverse Osmosis water creates problems. I tend to have constipation problems when I drink distilled water or some bad water.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I drink reverse osmosis water.

J

j.

Charlie said:
I drink reverse osmosis water.

I don't know if there is any truth to the Lita Lee statement. She doesn't give a source. Under "the pro-thyroid diet" she says:

Lita Lee said:
Do not drink water from plastic bottles. Not only do they contain endocrine disruptors, but many brands are tap water plus added synthetic vitamins/minerals and tons of plastic bottles are contaminating our oceans and killing our marine life. Avoid RO and distilled water — it’s dead and destructured.
Source: To Your Health - July 2012

The best water I tasted is Mountain Valley Spring Water.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Hmmmmm, wondering if I should run this across Ray Peat.

Thanks J, really appreciate that. I thought RO was some of the best water I could get. Ugggh. So many things twisted around.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thats basically what RO does. Its a purification filter.

gabriel79

If you have to follow Lita Lee's suggestions, you'll starve or die of thirst. She's so restrictive. She may have some valid points, but she's too "orthorexic" for my taste.

J

j.

gabriel79 said:
If you have to follow Lita Lee's suggestions, you'll starve or die of thirst. She's so restrictive. She may have some valid points, but she's too "orthorexic" for my taste.

I don't know, she is quite old and seems healthy.

gabriel79

Sure, I don't doubt she's healthy. When I said"you'll die" I was exaggerating, meaning that to follow her advice it's really difficult if not impossible for most people. For me, the way she makes her points is the opposite of how Peat writes them, even if they may be saying the same.

J

j.

I'm thinking of trying Garlic for some issues I think might be related to gut bacteria.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
After about 7-8 days of not using any kind of laxatives, things started moving along again. I had to really hold back, and not use the laxatives that I had made my body count on. The gamble, paid off. Thank you Paul Jaminet for talking about Senna and its horrible effects. You possibly saved me from much further nerve damage. I do notice that I have to pay real attention to the signals my body is sending me to go and hit the potty, if I miss those signals, things go a little out of whack. So, paying close attention to my body, is definitely helping things along.

I admit, it was scary to go past day 5 of not moving anything. That had always been the day that I would purge the system. I said to myself, geeez, whats the big deal just waiting a few more days and finding out if I can get through this. I had to get over scaring myself that all these toxins were going to enter my body through my intestines and just push through those days. It worked.

narouz

I believe it was earlier in this thread that I posted my take
on how Dr. Peat used antibiotics.
I had seen Danny Roddy report that Peat used penicillin.
I thought Roddy gave the impression--or perhaps I just inferred--
that Peat didn't do penicillin in the way that most doctors prescribe:
high doses for multiple weeks.
Roddy posted in response that Peat took the penicillin "occasionally."
In any case,
I had formed the notion from what Roddy said
that Peat took small amounts of penicillin here and there in small doses
and for brief periods
to control intestinal bacteria.

So I thought I'd repost over here a cool post from j.
http://raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1035&start=10
relaying what Peat wrote to him about stomach flora.
See my bolded and italicizes words.

j. wrote:
I mentioned to Ray Peat that I have some issues which I think are related to intestinal bacteria. He replied that travelers often pick up bacteria that can take a long time to change.

Ray Peat wrote:
A daily raw carrot (shredded, with olive oil and vinegar, for example) can gradually change the ecology. Sometimes very small amounts of an antibiotic can do it.

j. wrote:
Then I asked him about which antibiotics one could use.

Ray Peat wrote:
Aspirin has a mild germicidal effect. Sometimes 30 to 50 milligrams of tetracycline or penicillin can help. Flowers of sulfur, a pinch a day for a few days will often establish a new flora.

So--Charlie especially, since we wondered about this stuff--
what Peat wrote to j. would support my interpretation of D. Roddy's reports about Peat:
that Peat doesn't do the mega-dosage, multi-week antibiotic administration
typical of most doctors.
Rather, and as I took it,
Peat would seem to use a relatively small amount of antibiotic
for a relatively short amount of time--like maybe for only one day,
and perhaps for only one dose.

Wouldn't you concur, Charlie?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Attachments

• facepalm.jpg
    facepalm.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 785

narouz

:lol:

But you know, man:
we both ended up with thrush.
WTF!?

I think I just did one day of my synthetic penicillin,
like 3 tablets over the course of the day.
But seems like those were some high-dose tablets,
like 500mg or something.

The weird thing is
I had that experience with antibiotics in the hospital
about a year ago
with my appendectomy.
They dripped huge amounts of antibiotics into me there;
don't know exactly what kind.
Then I took Cipro for a few days until it gave me terrible diarrhea.
The I took the horrible Flagyl for about 5 days.

And afterwards I did NOT get thrush then.
But I got thrush after my one day antibiotic spree.

The difference may be
that a year ago
after the hospital
I aggressively drank kefir after the antibiotics
and even during the dosing.

This last time I had become more thoroughly Peatian
and thus more against lactic acid probiotics (which Peat seems to dismiss at least or even actively avoid).

How's your thrush doin', Charlie?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I think its pretty much gone. Maybe we have thrush cause of all the sugar? :shock: :tinfoilhat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals