Mega-dosing Vitamin A

dookie

Ok, so has anyone gone heavy on the Vitamin A, I'm thinking doses of like 25,000 - 50,000 - 200,000 IU or more? Either from things like daily liver or supplements?

What were the results? Any good things noticed?

did you notice a reduction in estrogen, lowering of edema, or something like that?

Good way to give yourself Hypervitaminosis A. Yes I know what the ld50 says and for how long but it's still risky because everyones organism is different. Mega-dosing FSV is dangerous.

schultz

I am on the fence about this. The annoying answer would be "It depends on thyroid function" or something.

Haidut has posted a few threads on high vitamin A being beneficial.

Ray seems to go both ways. Sometimes he says that it is easy to overdose and cause the thyroid to slow down as a result of too much. I have also heard him mention Emanuel Cheraskin and saying that Cheraskin gave people graded doses up to 100,000 IU per day and that they say negative symptoms disappear as the dose went up. He has also said that he needed up to 100,000 IU's at some points in his own life.

It may also depend on how much sunlight you get maybe?

Hope other people chime in here as it's a good topic.

Orion

I have done 250-500K IU orally for close to 6months about 1year ago, it eventually competes to much with thyroid transport and caused me to become more hypo(lowered temps and pulse, cold hands/feet in hot summer weather, catching cold in hot summer weather with hours of full body sunlight everyday).

It did keep acne from flaring, but did not stop excessive oil/sebum production, but this could be due to lowered hormone production from being hypo.

I know use about 2-5K IU topically.

Orion

Isn't this a good thing? Youthful. Ray also said it prevents wrinkles :cigar:

Ray has mentioned that this is a good thing, but I find my oil production is extremely overactive and most likely contributes to my acne issues.

Mega doses of B5 or Accutane (synthetic vitamin A) decrease oil production for me, and contribute to normal looking skin with no acne flare ups.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals