Vitamin A For Acne

Dan W

Swandattur said:
Maybe try in one small location with coconut oil. ;/

I was actually thinking about a careful experiment using coconut oil on only one side of my face. I'm just a little worried the effects will be unnerving.

The_Animated_Two-Face.jpg

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I use coconut oil on my face all the time these days. It totally knocks back my seborrheic dermatitis.

gretchen

I took vitamin A in the late 90s for acne; I can't remember the dose. It helped a little.

jyb

I'm very prone to acne (on the face, and sometimes on the back and shoulders too). I don't soap or moisturise my face, as it can make things worse.

I haven't found anything topically that didn't worsen my acne. I've tried coconut oil, and solutions of just water with aspirin and niacinamide. Maybe I should try washing my face before applying. I read that coconut oil could easily block pores and so isn't good for acne.

However, internally, niacinamide and a daily small dose of vit A seems to help.

Swandattur

Dan Wich, It is a frightening prospect! My son uses raw honey on his acne. He doesn't seem to have much of a problem. So, maybe it works for him. I use unrefined coconut oil on the occasional bump and it seems to help. I remember when I was a kid, my teenage sister got carried away and washed her face with everything she could think of. Her face was so inflamed Mom had to take her to the doctor. Her face looked bad for a while and she got teased at school, but when it was all healed, she never had as bad of a problem with acne again.

4peatssake

I swear by coconut oil for my skin. It's all I use on my face and body, except for baking powder, ACV (hair rinse) and epsom salt.

I'm not prone to acne but have found that coconut oil actually unclogs and cleans out my pores and remove blemishes. The biggest problem I've encountered is having a few annoying blackheads in the the little ridge above my chin and it completely cleans them out. I was amazed when I first had this happen.

First time I used it coconut oil on my skin I was more than a little freaked out that I was doing something really stupid but for me, it works great.

Dan W

Hmm, I think someone else had mentioned raw honey helping.

jyb, I've been trying a lot of your same experiments/suggestions. For me, I think both internal and topical niacinamide have helped a bit.

I'll probably try a cautious coconut oil experiment in a couple months. I've stacked up too many personal experiments!

mcconte75 said:
How long does it take for whiteheads to disappear. Will the vitamin A shift these also.

I get results (including diminishing whitehead-formation) within 2-3 days of bumping up vitamin A. Though it definitely requires big doses with me.

Swandattur

I know what you mean about the experimenting on self! You need some recovery time, or else time to forget about a disaster and blithely try another experiment. Sometimes I ask myself why? Why did I try that? :D

4peatssake

Swandattur said:
Sometimes I ask myself why? Why did I try that? :D
:rolling
This could be us, boldy going where other's haven't dared!

61fAYgoFL9L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

snydercharles425

Please help me figure out my backne issue. It’s so embarrassing. What should I start with first diet or products? Or both?

Dan W

snydercharles425 said:
Please help me figure out my backne issue. It’s so embarrassing. What should I start with first diet or products? Or both?

For what it's worth, my back and chest acne cleared up around the time I started small amounts of daily liver (vitamin A) and oysters (zinc).

Dan W

How did you eat you liver? Did you eat them together?
I've given up on trying to make liver taste good, so I just pressure cook it and try to overpower the flavor with lots of salt and ginger powder. I usually alternated the liver and oysters every few days, although I've gotten lazy on the oysters and just supplement with zinc gluconate instead.

tomisonbottom

I've given up on trying to make liver taste good, so I just pressure cook it and try to overpower the flavor with lots of salt and ginger powder. I usually alternated the liver and oysters every few days, although I've gotten lazy on the oysters and just supplement with zinc gluconate instead.

Thanks. I'm about to try making an oyster stew.
I had creamy version at a restaurant that was amazing and found out all that was in it was butter, cream, milk celery, onion, salt, pepper and oysters.
So trying that next!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals