Magnesium intolerance and candida

moa

I've always benefitted from topical magnesium, but i was never able to take oral magnesium.

I've explained in other posts how i cured my gut pain (IBS-c with lots of cramps and pain, but without much constipation).

Basically, Zinc and choline cured my pain and cramps, and improved digestion, but not completely, i still got again this crisis with gas, only this time it didn't caused cramps and pain.

The stools, when i had a crisis, were mostly very sticky, like if they were mixed with glue or something.

if i retain myself long enaught they get hard, but most of the times they are not hard, only sticky.

if the crisis is worst, like this time, it comes out as foamy and floating, full of gas. the next day the rest comes out as usual, sticky and a bit hard, not floating any longer since the gas had time to get out during the night.

searching internet, the cause of sticky stools is unclear.

the next days i ate small quantities only, and i noticed hundreds of white specks on my stool, various sizes mostly smal up to 5mm for some. they seem like cheese. if washed and dried, they are like parmegiano cheese, and when put in water they sinck to the bottom, so they are not from fat like cheese. it's not the first time i se them, they are found in my stools some times for many months.

i wonder if both the sticky stools and this chucks are caused by fungus or candida with the odorless gas i had the days before, and bindge eating with lots of fat (avocado, cheese, chocolate).

the other times i had the crisis i was not eating as much fat.

i also started to take magnesium again. I'm using a pure 100% magnesium bisgycinate, after trying many magnesium supplements.

i can't even take 300mg for a few days, each time i get very severe digestion problems, not diarrhea, but gas, bloating, and before i solved my IBS i had pain and cramps too from magnesium.

magnesium is known to make candida grow faster, i wonder if magnesium intolerance is actually caused by candida overgrowth ?

I'm starting now with berberin and black garlic, and grapefruit seed extract to try clear candida.

OP
M

moa

i know after i started magnesium i ate lots of fat, but i doubt it's fat malabsorption.
it could be, but i doubt cause the floating stools were caused by gas and bloating not by fat i think.

I have floating stools sometimes and seem to be caused by lots of air bubbles and gas. especially when it's sticky it traps inside gas.

i don't have any food intolerance, and u don't eat gluten often anyway (by choice). i also don't think i have any liver or pancreas problem, but who knows ? pancreas problems are rare in people who don't drink alcohol, and don't seem to have other symptoms of that.

so i think the floating stools are caused by gas only. the only thing that scares me is missing pancreatic enzymes because some sort of undetected chronic pancreatitis. i was afraid of this possibility, before i used zinc and choline, because of my gut cramps. but i don't think that's the case now since i don't have much pain any longer.

Last edited:

mostlylurking

i know after i started magnesium i ate lots of fat, but i doubt it's fat malabsorption.
it could be, but i doubt cause the floating stools were caused by gas and bloating not by fat i think.

I have floating stools sometimes and seem to be caused by lots of air bubbles and gas. especially when it's sticky it traps inside gas.

i don't have any food intolerance, and u don't eat gluten often anyway (by choice). i also don't think i have any liver or pancreas problem, but who knows ? pancreas problems are rare in people who don't drink alcohol, and don't seem to have other symptoms of that.

so i think the floating stools are caused by gas only. the only thing that scares me is missing pancreatic enzymes because some sort of undetected chronic pancreatitis. i was afraid of this possibility, before i used zinc and choline, because of my gut cramps. but i don't think that's the case now since i don't have much pain any longer.
Magnesium intolerance may be the result of a thiamine deficiency.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBxWivhBdpA

High blood sugar promotes candida; thiamine lowers high blood sugar.

"The hyperglycemic patient remains persistently at risk for infectious complications. Whether ascribable to diabetes mellitus, to the administration of glucocorticoids, or to the infusion of hyperalimentation fluids, hyperglycemia may impair several mechanisms of humoral host defense, including such varied neutrophil functions as adhesion, chemotaxis, and phagocytosis. In addition, binding of glucose to the biochemically active site of the third component of complement C3 inhibits the attachment of this protein to the microbial surface and thereby impairs opsonization. Last, several pathogens frequently encountered in hyperglycemic patients possess unique mechanisms of virulence that flourish in the hyperglycemic environment. Most notable in this regard is the yeast Candida albicans, which expresses a glucose-inducible protein that is structurally and functionally homologous to a complement receptor on mammalian phagocytes. This protein promotes adhesion in the yeast and subverts phagocytosis by the host. Thus, hyperglycemia serves as a central mechanism in the predisposition of hyperglycemic patients to infection."

"A total of 150 mg thiamine daily significantly reduced blood glucose within a month, in randomized, placebo control trial of 24 drug naïve T2D diabetics"

Thiamine also supports the immune system which would be important if you have a candida overgrowth problem.
"Thiamine deficiency can affect the cardiovascular, nervous, and immune systems, as commonly seen in wet beriberi, dry beriberi, or Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome."

"Thiamine helps maintain the muscle tone along the walls of the digestive tract, where much of the immune system is actually located. Digestive health is important for thiamine absorption because a healthy digestive tract allows your body to extract nutrients from food better, which are used to boost immunity and defend you from becoming sick. Thiamine helps in the secretion of hydrochloric acid, which is essential for the complete digestion of food particles and absorption of nutrients. (7)"

OP
M

moa

i don't have high blood sugar.

i think i had thiamine deficiency but I've took lots of supplements of thiamine since February, that did not solved my magnesium intolerance, and other b vitamins.

also I'm not intolerant on magnesium in my body, since topical administration makes me feel better every time. i only sell to have severe gut colon sensibility, boating or colitis after about 3 days when i start magnesium, never the first day.

the first day I'm very fine and feel good even from oral magnesium, then i get this colon sounds and bloating after 2 or 3 days.

OP
M

moa

it might be that this time i got infected by one day expired organic meat, that had a taste a bit not usual.

but reach time it happens when i take magnesium. I've failed reach time with supplemental magnesium, .each time after 3 days. maybe I've tried to take magnesium orally 7 times this past 24 months reach time with infection-like symptoms.

I'm try again in a few weeks when i feel better.

OP
M

moa

just started to take doxycycline 100mg 4 days in a raw, cause i got some pain in the ileocecal valve maybe or something strange (not the first time it happens but was feeling not very good).

in the 4th day today i got some osmotic diarrhea only once, so i need to stop the antibiotic now.

but the feeling i get is similar with when i take magnesium.

i know magnesium also speeds up transit, but the point is that something else is going on, each time i get this symptoms my stools are much more yellow and now I'm know it's caused by traveling too fast.

my transit time is usually less than 48h even i usually am prince to constipation but that's not because of slow transit any more at all (it used to be many years ago before i improved my diet).

so it's not only fast transit, but also spring else, i think my gut bacteria are not degrading fast enaught the bilirubin.

doxycycline is the cause this time, but it happens also when i don't take antibiotics (i didn't used any antibiotic until now this past 4 years or so).

so even magnesium is speeding the transit so much that bacteria can't degrade bilirubin.

i think the cause is related to candida, based on my other symptoms and the many white specks of lumbs i see that i can't understand any other cause (only solid food i ate this past few days were raw carrots and one avocado alone on empty stomach).

avocado gives me lots of gas, but i don't think it can produce as many white spots, it's green not even white as food.

so the conclusion is : i suspect that magnesium intolerance is caused in my case by slow degrading of bilirubin and to much candida or other fungi.

i think candida stay in it's cellular form mainly (less pathological but still not good), that's why those white spots without any fungus like structure visible.

so i will start with berberine/black garlic when i feel better.

I'll try also niacinamide 3g.

i don't know about caprylic acid, maybe I'll try later with that, seems it is too strong, I'm afraid I'll get same symptoms as magnesium but maybe I'm wrong, have to try that too eventually.

any other solution to reduce fungus and increase bile eating bacteria ?

OP
M

moa

i also have often bleeding when using any supplementeven for only a few days : aspirin, vit e, etc.

the gum between the theets, hemorrhoids, even a bit in the eye recently while taking vit e

so recently i took some k1/k2 and it seems it solved it very fast , in 2 days or 3.

I'm just thinking, cause K1 is produced by bacteria, so if i don't degrade well the bilirubin, maybe I'm not producing enaught K1 too.

so everyone seem to suggest low bacteria, high fungus. could it be other fungus or only candida is the only one who grows in the human colon ?

OP
M

moa

"A total of 150 mg thiamine daily significantly reduced blood glucose within a month, in randomized, placebo control trial of 24 drug naïve T2D diabetics"

People who drink alcohol are at high risk of chronic pancreatitis and cancer.

But i know that they often need digestive enzymes too, even when their pancreas is fine.

Alcohol is known to deplete thiamine. What if the pancreatitis in alcoholics is caused by long term low thiamine rather than directly by alcohol ?

mostlylurking

Alcohol is known to deplete thiamine. What if the pancreatitis in alcoholics is caused by long term low thiamine rather than directly by alcohol ?
I think it's a very short jump; alcohol depletes thiamine = thiamine deficiency=pancreatitis. I don't drink any alcohol but my thiamine function was blocked by Bactrim antibiotic; the functional blockage= thiamine deficiency from the perspective of the body. I got a lesion on my pancreas which showed up on an MRI done about 6 weeks after taking the Bactrim.

Last edited:
OP
M

moa

reduced intestinal alkaline phosphatase IAP drum to be the key factor in IBD, haidut has articles on this.

older studies show that zinc is very important to IAP production.

magnesium is important too.

free pre-digested (by good bacteria) amino acids also help like those found in yogurt.

OP
M

moa

the doxy had irritated a bit the esophagus, but really it's the probiotics that created this GERD problem this time.

my colon is now very well, lady time i had very good stool almost wipe clean witch is rare for me. so the probiotics do work for colon (coagulans and rhamnosus) but i feel they have colonized my small intestine producing some gas and some sort of paralysis or slow peristalsis in my small intestine when i don't eat.

mainly lactobacillus rhamnosus GG is the culpit here, cause it got worse when i increased from 10 to 30 billion colonies per day.

Last edited:
OP
M

moa

update.

i basically suffer from GERD and constipation similar to my old IBS-C.

i concluded that the constipation comes from antibiotic usage as minor factor and from cyproheptadine 1g. i took 4g one night and it caused more severe constipation after 2 days.

the GERD is caused by doxycycline too and by constipation/inflammation.

so i will try to resume magnesium intake if it's not causing any reflux.

i think maybe my symptoms i had in the past from magnesium were only temporary adaptations, meaning it will go away, and meaning i need magnesium. I'll try come back to post results.

OP
M

moa

update : it just didn't wanted to go away completely, the colon sensibility, until i took 5g of lapacho infusion, followed by 7g the next day.

just to try something else and compare with cascara, i am impressed by the result, i think lapacho may be even faster and more potent than cascara, all this without irritating the colon.

OP
M

moa

update : it's starting to get much better now. i eat winter squash and buckwheat with milk, some cooked carrots, rice, eggs. good food.

I'll try magnesium again soon.

OP
M

moa

update : i just discovered i had a silent tooth decay with nerve necrosis and the tooth broke.

it didn't caused any local pain, no obvious symptoms.

it may explain my come on go inflamed lymph nodes and weakness i experienced this year few months.

I haven't yet started oral magnesium yet.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals