22 with Candida (thrush)

goodmotive1

Hello, I am 22 year old male with Candida (thrush). I’ve had resistant Candida for 3 years from antibiotic use (from cdiff). The doctors haven’t found a root cause but I just received my blood work. Any help I can get is very appreciated.
Test was taken at 8:30 A.M.

-Progesterone: <5 ng/ml
(Standard Range<1.4 ng/mL)

-PSA total: 0.25 ng/mL
Standard Range< OR = 4.00 ng/mL

-Estrogen total: 108 pg/ml
(Standard Range 60 - 190 pg/mL)

-T4 free: 1.1 ng/DL
(Standard Range0.8 - 1.8 ng/dL)

-Free T3: 3.5 pg/mL
(Standard Range 2.3 - 4.2 pg/mL)

-(TSH) w/ Reflex to FT4: 1.83 mIU/L
(Standard Range 0.40 - 4.50 mIU/L)

-Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO): 1 IU
(Standard Range<9 IU/mL)

-Pregnenolone: 99 ng/dL
(Standard Range 22 - 237 ng/dL)

-Estradiol: 30 mg/pg
(Standard Range < OR = 39 pg/mL)

-DHEA, Unconjugated: 346 ng/dL
(Standard Range147 - 1,760 ng/dL)

-Cortisol, A.M.: 10.1
-Testosterone total TS: 576 ng/dL
(Standard Range 250 - 1,100 ng/dL)

-Prolactin: 6.9 np/ml
(Standard Range2.0 - 18.0 ng/mL)

-DHEA, Unconjugated: 346 ng/DL
(Standard Range147 - 1,760 ng/dL)

-Insulin: 5.5 uIU/mL
(Standard Range < or = 19.6)

A few root cause I can think of is my past use of off label pre workouts, I got a major sharp pain in my head one time 4 years ago so I stopped.
Also, i beleive I breathed In iron/rust fumes about 4 years ago, which may be the cause of my reoccurring lung infections. I got an mri but nothing came up, I might go in for another scan just to be sure. The pain I felt when inhaling was significant and I couldn’t breathe when the fumes came in.
I’m also an ex smoker (weed and vape)

My original diagnosis was after taking metrinidazole, I had a undiagnosed cdiff infection for over 1 month, then got thrush from the medication.

My liver enzyme was high was is back to normal.

My symptoms are thrush (in the mornings) , elevated allergies, fatigue, foggy headed, acne, weight loss.

I’ve tried Candida protocols but I stopped, it made things worse.
I’m now doing organic sourced foods/vitamins and minerals.
I’m going to start cutting out pufas.
I try to exercise as much as possible (it’s hard with fatigue) I often get dry lung quickly.
If the iron / rust is trapped in my lung is it possible to get rid of it?

BibleBeliever

The Ray Peat view is increasing thyroid to treat:

": According to Dr. Ray Peat, most of what people believe about candida is wrong, but candida can become a problem for sick people. IgA is the main type of antibody on surfaces and secretions and should protect against candidiasis. But IgA is deficient in hypothyroidism, so hypothyroid people have more susceptible membranes, and the yeasts thrive on sugar that can appear in the secretions in diabetes/stress, but they adhere to any cell with estradiol in it, thinking they have found a fertile yeast. Eating sugar and fruit is helpful, rather than harmful as the cultists say, because well nourished yeasts aren’t harmful in the intestine.

But starved yeasts need sugar and so they project invasive filaments into the intestinal wall, and can get into the blood stream, at which point — if they aren’t quickly destroyed by white blood cells — they can grow and quickly kill the person. In a typical year, a few people in the world get invasive candida and quickly die, but millions of Americans will insist that they ‘have candida in the bloodstream.’ Eating sugar (fruits, fruit juices) lowers cortisol, keeping the white cells working, helps to increase thyroid, and keeps the yeast from becoming invasive. PUFA (polyunsaturated fatty acids or omega-3 and -6 oils) are yeast stimulants, unlike saturated fats. The white film on grapes is a layer of yeast cells, that live there because of the PUFA in the waxy surface of the grape.” (Source: Dr. Ray Peat; Ray Peat)"

In other words according to the Ray Peat view. The protocols will not be too helpful if you truly have candida.
Focus on increasing thyroid. Eliminate pufas is #1 priority. Eliminate excessive iron.
If thyroid is not accessible, than dark roast coffee replicates thyroid. I think it is around 14-15 tablespoons worth that he uses of cheap dark roast. Lots of sugars with it, the niacin in the coffee helps use it for fuel, combined with good protein sources.
Coconut oil is the strongest anti-pufa, the cheap coconut oil is better than wasting money on virgin coconut oil.

The most important proteins for thyroid stimulus are gelatin based; oxtail, lamb shanks, beef shanks, etc.

High calcium is needed to maintain thyroid otherwise you will crash, milk is very good. 2 liters a day is the ideal if not more.
White sea salt or pickling salt is very important too.
I cannot tell his official recommendations of salt via number, but he recommends extra salt. His consumption may be between 5-45 grams a day.
Sugar oxidation, calcium and salt are all very important to increase carbox dioxide, which is all related to thyroid.

The summary viewpoint is that your disorder is caused by a malfunction. Instead of aiming to just treat the disorder, correct the malfunction causation. Fix thyroid and the rest will fix itself.

Last edited:
OP
G

goodmotive1

The Ray Peat view is increasing thyroid to treat:

": According to Dr. Ray Peat, most of what people believe about candida is wrong, but candida can become a problem for sick people. IgA is the main type of antibody on surfaces and secretions and should protect against candidiasis. But IgA is deficient in hypothyroidism, so hypothyroid people have more susceptible membranes, and the yeasts thrive on sugar that can appear in the secretions in diabetes/stress, but they adhere to any cell with estradiol in it, thinking they have found a fertile yeast. Eating sugar and fruit is helpful, rather than harmful as the cultists say, because well nourished yeasts aren’t harmful in the intestine.

But starved yeasts need sugar and so they project invasive filaments into the intestinal wall, and can get into the blood stream, at which point — if they aren’t quickly destroyed by white blood cells — they can grow and quickly kill the person. In a typical year, a few people in the world get invasive candida and quickly die, but millions of Americans will insist that they ‘have candida in the bloodstream.’ Eating sugar (fruits, fruit juices) lowers cortisol, keeping the white cells working, helps to increase thyroid, and keeps the yeast from becoming invasive. PUFA (polyunsaturated fatty acids or omega-3 and -6 oils) are yeast stimulants, unlike saturated fats. The white film on grapes is a layer of yeast cells, that live there because of the PUFA in the waxy surface of the grape.” (Source: Dr. Ray Peat; Ray Peat)"

In other words according to the Ray Peat view. The protocols will not be too helpful if you truly have candida.
Focus on increasing thyroid. Eliminate pufas is #1 priority. Eliminate excessive iron.
If thyroid is not accessible, than dark roast coffee replicates thyroid. I think it is around 14-15 tablespoons worth that he uses of cheap dark roast. Lots of sugars with it, the niacin in the coffee helps use it for fuel, combined with good protein sources.
Coconut oil is the strongest anti-pufa, the cheap coconut oil is better than wasting money on virgin coconut oil.

The most important proteins for thyroid stimulus are gelatin based; oxtail, lamb shanks, beef shanks, etc.

High calcium is needed to maintain thyroid otherwise you will crash, milk is very good. 2 liters a day is the ideal if not more.
White sea salt or pickling salt is very important too.
I cannot tell his official recommendations of salt via number, but he recommends extra salt. His consumption may be between 5-45 grams a day.
Sugar oxidation, calcium and salt are all very important to increase carbox dioxide, which is all related to thyroid.

The summary viewpoint is that your disorder is caused by a malfunction. Instead of aiming to just treat the disorder, correct the malfunction causation. Fix thyroid and the rest will fix itself.
Thank you very much I appreciate this. I’ll keep you guys posted and keep trying!

BibleBeliever

One question:

Do you use incandescent lights?

Ray speaks about the enzyme cytochrome oxidase, which is very important for utilizing copper properly.
No idea what lights you are normally exposed to, but in most work places they are LED and probably around 5000k. Endless blue light exposure.
What happens over time is this cytochrome oxidase is damaged. Copper is probably not used properly. This may even affect vitamin A metabolism, in that vitamin a is used properly by being transported through ceuroplasmin(copper).

Thus in theory a deficiency of incandescent lights and/or sunlight may cause a deficiency in copper/vitamin a, thereby creating an iron toxicity. As copper is needed for proper usage of iron.

RayPeat recommends a minimal of 5000ius of vitamin a each day for low thyroid and 10 000iu for good thyroid. This is through foods: butter, eggs, milk, but the most important is beef liver. Beef liver is your highest source of both vitamin a and copper.
You don't need much beef liver, many cook it and cut it into squares. Freeze the squares and consume one daily. Liver is the most nutrient dense food. It is best to consume with coffee, as the coffee helps inhibit the absorption of excessive iron.

Do you consume beef liver? Any idea of your regular vitamin a consumption?
Do you use any incandescent lights? Do you get much sunlight?

These also might play a big role in your health.
Based on collective patterns one might assume vitamin a is the primary deficiency of people, as very few get anyone close to that many IUs.
This is noting that beta cartone is converted very inefficiently, some speculate only 5% is. I.E 10 000 ius of beta cartone would only equal 500 ius.

WestonPrice in one of their articles that states that blue light may damage vitamin a in the body. I have not read further pertaining to this, but it would be interesting to learn more.

What kind of diet do you regularly have?

This website is free Cronometer: Track nutrition & count calories and you can enter your foods in to get an idea of what minerals/vitamins you are getting each day to develop basic ideas of what you may be deficient in.

dogtrainer

I believe I had long-standing fungal issues that caused debilitating gut problems.

High dose MSM, pau Darco, and undecylenic acid have been pivotal for me to reduce the burping, bloating symptoms of Candida. All the other practices are helpful (getting temps/thyroid up, sunlight, etc) but none as helpful as strong antifungals.

ursidae

My original diagnosis was after taking metrinidazole, I had a undiagnosed cdiff infection for over 1 month, then got thrush from the medication.
If you have taken metronidazole, you may need to replenish your B1 stores as this medication depletes it.

OP
G

goodmotive1

I’ll try Supplimenting B1, I’m also on beef liver, and gelatin for gut lining protection. I feel quite tired still but symptoms seems to be improving,
I think I’m struggling to obtain my calcium levels but will try to keep them up,
I got a few more blood tests in,

THYROID PEROXIDASE ANTIBODIES 1
(Reference range <9)

DHEA, UNCONJUGATED: 346
(Standard range: 147-1760 gn/dl)

LDL cholesterol 111 H
(standard range <100)

DIHYDROTESTOSTERONE, LC/MS/MS: 68H
(Standard range: 12-65 ng/dL)

OP
G

goodmotive1

I’ll try Supplimenting B1, I’m also on beef liver, and gelatin for gut lining protection. I feel quite tired still but symptoms seems to be improving,
I think I’m struggling to obtain my calcium levels but will try to keep them up,
I got a few more blood tests in,

THYROID PEROXIDASE ANTIBODIES 1
(Reference range <9)

DHEA, UNCONJUGATED: 346
(Standard range: 147-1760 gn/dl)

LDL cholesterol 111 H
(standard range <100)

DIHYDROTESTOSTERONE, LC/MS/MS: 68H
(Standard range: 12-65 ng/dL)
Typo on my progesterone levels, progesterone is 0.5

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals