Low Fat Diet To Loose Weight? (Female)

Steveig84

Thanks for your message - I'd say I'm having ~5g of fat just from the fruit but I will start having some gelatine for protein - I'm just doing extreme low fat for 6 weeks and then going back to regular fat/protein intake. Unless people recommend otherwise.

I understand your reasoning for the super low fat, im just speaking from personal experience. not everyone can go straight to super low fat without negatives...depends on so many factors like liver health, Metabolic rate, cells ability to use sugar, PUFA load, Hormone levels, FFAs ect...the list could go on. If your having episode of light headedness/dizzyness your likely having some blood sugar issues witch adding some Protein to meals would helps. I would recommend at least 80g protein a day for many reasons (Livers ability to detox PUFA, estrogen ect..) some sat fat 10-15% of total cals would also be sensible to help protect against the PUFA you will likely be realesing.

If i where to try super low fat again, which im sure i will at some stage i would also supp Vit a,d,e, k, use taurin, asprin, B-vit (niacinamide, Thiamine, ect) and probably use some BCAA, other Amino acids to ensure enough useable protein while low fat as this does restrict protein sources somewhat if you don't want a little of low fat milk (for me its to much liquid)

just my Opinions, maybe you will find something of use for yourself there.

OP
A

AustenJ

Thanks for the info - I will take that into consideration and add some more protein.
My mood has actually improved a lot over the last few days so I think I want to persist on super low fat for now and see how I go.:blush:

whodathunkit

Salting your protein helps *a lot* with the yen for fat. Gelatin has been very helpful for me in adding protein...someone gave me a tip to put gelatin powder in coffee, add some sugar or fructose powder, and then I put a little salt in it...YUM. That's my new breakfast.

BTW, I use collagen hydrolysate instead of "gelatin". Plain old Great Lakes gelatin tastes like straight-up a$$ to me. :yuck: YMMV. Just sayin' in case you have a hard time with gelatin, too. The hydrolysate makes it so much better.

I did realize a few days ago, though, that as I bumped up my protein to high (100g+), I got symptoms of high ammonia. Come to find out if you've got a fatty liver or subpar functioning liver, too much protein means the liver can't detox the metabolites of digesting it, one of which is ammonia. Liver can't detox it means ammonia goes into circulation = not good.

Not saying that's a problem for you, just something to watch out for. If you up protein and start getting really irritable, anxious, generally out of sorts, try reducing a bit. Right now I'm happiest between 60g -80g. I plan to circle back around and try to get closer to 100g as my health improves.

Lightly salting a glass of water first thing in the morning can help with salt intake, and usually tastes really good. I'm also putting a little bit of salt in my OJ when I drink it. And there are some sweet fruits like watermelon and raisins that taste really good when salted.

Point is, a lot of little tweaks seem to make the process of low fat go better. :)

The best exercises are concentric exercises, that is, lifting with a load. These type of exercise help metabolism because it increases carbon dioxide.

Salting your protein helps *a lot* with the yen for fat. Gelatin has been very helpful for me in adding protein...someone gave me a tip to put gelatin powder in coffee, add some sugar or fructose powder, and then I put a little salt in it...YUM. That's my new breakfast.

BTW, I use collagen hydrolysate instead of "gelatin". Plain old Great Lakes gelatin tastes like straight-up a$$ to me. :yuck: YMMV. Just sayin' in case you have a hard time with gelatin, too. The hydrolysate makes it so much better.

I did realize a few days ago, though, that as I bumped up my protein to high (100g+), I got symptoms of high ammonia. Come to find out if you've got a fatty liver or subpar functioning liver, too much protein means the liver can't detox the metabolites of digesting it, one of which is ammonia. Liver can't detox it means ammonia goes into circulation = not good.

When ammonia is high., you need sodium bicarbonate.

whodathunkit

When ammonia is high., you need sodium bicarbonate.
I have poor digestion and low stomach acid that I'm working on right now. Poor liver function in general. Also taking something else so that bicarb might be contraindicated. Thanks, though.

OP
A

AustenJ

Not saying that's a problem for you, just something to watch out for. If you up protein and start getting really irritable, anxious, generally out of sorts, try reducing a bit. Right now I'm happiest between 60g -80g. I plan to circle back around and try to get closer to 100g as my health improves.

Lightly salting a glass of water first thing in the morning can help with salt intake, and usually tastes really good. I'm also putting a little bit of salt in my OJ when I drink it. And there are some sweet fruits like watermelon and raisins that taste really good when salted.

Point is, a lot of little tweaks seem to make the process of low fat go better. :)
Thanks for the tips - I will order some collagen hydrolysate and eat jello until it arrives.
I just honestly can't believe how much my mood has improved - I hope it's not just the placebo affect because I could really get used to this!

Edit: I forgot to mention before that I've been having fat free jelly beans and marshmallows to curb my cravings until they get under control. Just before bed/in morning I will have 4-5 marshmallows and a couple jelly beans.

Last edited:

whodathunkit

Thanks for the tips - I will order some collagen hydrolysate and eat jello until it arrives.
I just honestly can't believe how much my mood has improved - I hope it's not just the placebo affect because I could really get used to this!

Edit: I forgot to mention before that I've been having fat free jelly beans and marshmallows to curb my cravings until they get under control. Just before bed/in morning I will have 4-5 marshmallows and a couple jelly beans.
Not placebo. :)

But if you have some ups and downs, don't let it bust your chops. My experience with the course of healing is that it if you're really damaged, it can be like three steps forwards and two steps back. Which is a net gain of a step, and thus progress, but when you seem to be going backwards it's sure a bummer. It can run people off the track if they're not mentally prepared for it to happen.

Also, maybe you've already done this, but if you haven't...you might want to consider taking a real close look at the ingredients in those jb's and particularly in those marshmallows. I haven't looked at marshmallows in years, but from what I remember they were loaded with crap. IME fat free versions of almost all commercial foods are just as lethal as the regular full fat versions. Just because they have no fat doesn't mean they can't still clog your liver up if there's gums and other filler carbs in there.

I like raisins and dates for a quick, sugary, nutritious snack. And those have the added benefit of tasting good when salted. A nice glass of skim sets them off well. :)

OP
A

AustenJ

Not placebo. :)

But if you have some ups and downs, don't let it bust your chops. My experience with the course of healing is that it if you're really damaged, it can be like three steps forwards and two steps back. Which is a net gain of a step, and thus progress, but when you seem to be going backwards it's sure a bummer. It can run people off the track if they're not mentally prepared for it to happen.

Also, maybe you've already done this, but if you haven't...you might want to consider taking a real close look at the ingredients in those jb's and particularly in those marshmallows. I haven't looked at marshmallows in years, but from what I remember they were loaded with crap. IME fat free versions of almost all commercial foods are just as lethal as the regular full fat versions. Just because they have no fat doesn't mean they can't still clog your liver up if there's gums and other filler carbs in there.

I like raisins and dates for a quick, sugary, nutritious snack. And those have the added benefit of tasting good when salted. A nice glass of skim sets them off well. :)
Just knowing that such a happy mood is possible for me again is enough for me to continue this!

Thanks- I've been looking for an alternative but they somehow help me stay motivated, maybe it's the sugar. But I will try the dates and raisins instead and see if they work. :)

whodathunkit

Sometimes I think I should get a front end loader for the raisins. Be easier for me. ;)

OP
A

AustenJ

Hello everyone,

Would someone be interested in receiving my packages in the US and forwarding them to me in Australia? Because I am going to order a lot of supplements and would prefer them to get here at the same time in the one box because my dad gets so annoyed with all my packages! And he probably thinks I'm crazy, haha.

I'd be ordering: Carlson vit A, gamma E, niacinimide, taurine, thiamine, k2, MB, collagen hydrosalate + possibly dedicated thyroid.

I'd pay for supplements/postage + $50.

Thanks!

thegiantess

Hello everyone,

Would someone be interested in receiving my packages in the US and forwarding them to me in Australia? Because I am going to order a lot of supplements and would prefer them to get here at the same time in the one box because my dad gets so annoyed with all my packages! And he probably thinks I'm crazy, haha.

I'd be ordering: Carlson vit A, gamma E, niacinimide, taurine, thiamine, k2, MB, collagen hydrosalate + possibly dedicated thyroid.

I'd pay for supplements/postage + $50.

Thanks!

How's your weight loss/fat loss going?

OP
A

AustenJ

How's your weight loss/fat loss going?

Hey @thegiantess !

I recently started LFHC again 3 weeks ago (I stopped the diet a few weeks after my last message on here because I was starting to feel crappy.. but this may have been because I wasn't supplementing with anything).

In the last 3 weeks I've lost 2 kilos. I'm not being strict like I was last time but when the weight loss slows down I will start to cut a bit more fat out of my diet.

The only fat I've been having recently is about a teaspoon of coconut oil (on raisin toast) for breakfast and 2 quail eggs through the day. I mostly eat fruit apart from that. I will include rice and potatoes soon because I miss them so much!

How have you been going?

thegiantess

Hey @thegiantess !

I recently started LFHC again 3 weeks ago (I stopped the diet a few weeks after my last message on here because I was starting to feel crappy.. but this may have been because I wasn't supplementing with anything).

In the last 3 weeks I've lost 2 kilos. I'm not being strict like I was last time but when the weight loss slows down I will start to cut a bit more fat out of my diet.

The only fat I've been having recently is about a teaspoon of coconut oil (on raisin toast) for breakfast and 2 quail eggs through the day. I mostly eat fruit apart from that. I will include rice and potatoes soon because I miss them so much!

How have you been going?

I'm not intentionally trying to lose weight right now, but lfhc is my diet of choice. Just thought I would check in and see if it was working out for you. Sounds like it is! That's great. What are you supplementing?

OP
A

AustenJ

I'm not intentionally trying to lose weight right now, but lfhc is my diet of choice. Just thought I would check in and see if it was working out for you. Sounds like it is! That's great. What are you supplementing?

How do you feel on a low fat diet? I normally have a cheat day on Saturday because I feel a bit crappy without it. I'm just supplementing lysine at the moment but I am looking at supplements to order! Do you have any supplement recommendations? I want to start taking thyroid but there are so many different types! Are you supplementing?

Luann

Potato has like a third of the fat in rice, and short-grain has less than medium and long grain (but is hard to find). All depends on how low you want to go.
Brown sugar on rice is awesome.

OP
A

AustenJ

Potato has like a third of the fat in rice, and short-grain has less than medium and long grain (but is hard to find). All depends on how low you want to go.
Brown sugar on rice is awesome.

Brown sugar on rice sounds amazing!

I will try this recipe tonight and possibly have it once or twice a week for dinner.

Totally not peat friendly but I have been eating frozen steamed chicken dumplings when I have salty cravings because they are so low in fat!

ilpmusic

No matter how women lift weights they WILL get bulky if they haven't lost excess fat. Muscle will build, but the fat and skin sits on top of it causing the bulky look. As a woman, I would recommend losing the fat first and then getting into weight lifting.
So as a woman is trying to lose the weight and fat before getting into weightlifting, what form of exercise do you recommend?

ilpmusic

Thanks for your message - I'd say I'm having ~5g of fat just from the fruit but I will start having some gelatine for protein - I'm just doing extreme low fat for 6 weeks and then going back to regular fat/protein intake. Unless people recommend otherwise.
how did your low fat 6 week experiment work?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals