Very Low Fat Diet. Need To Increase Metabolic Effeciency

Hans

Forum Supporter
As I mentioned before, my wife and I are doing a low fat diet (<30g daily) to deplete PUFAs. We're about two weeks in going on three, yet both of us are experiencing the same problems.

...I'm consuming about <2400 calories daily. I'm about 82kg at the moment and <15% bodyfat. I consume 5L close to no fat milk daily. We buy raw milk and I just remove as much cream as possible. I then add 1heaped tbsp sugar to each 500ml I drink. In total I'm consuming 190g protein, 340g carbs and <30g fats.
So the problem is, I feel very fatigued, horrible sleep, no motivation to do stuff. I'm thinking that I'm not burning sugar optimally as I'm not losing weight while in a small caloric deficit. My temp is 37.2C/98.96F and my pulse is 106. It feels like I need to breathe more frequently and as if I can't hold my breath as long as I could before.
I'm using 100mg B1, 100-200mg niacinamide, 6-10mg p5p, bcaa tyrosine combo daily each morning and 1 heaped tsp Mg chloride before bed. I also drink 2-3 cups coffee daily. I sleep 10 hours each night yet wake up groggy and have trouble falling asleep at night.

My question is: how do I further improve my ability to oxidize glucose. It seems as if my thyroid is already doing good, but why am I not burning my fat?

Any advise would be much appreciated.

We buy raw milk and I just remove as much cream as possible.

It can't be removed completely just by skimming the top. You have to use this machine. You're still taking in lots of fat in the milk.

but why am I not burning my fat?

It takes time to burn body fat while still eating food daily. Two weeks is nothing.

B vitamin supplements can cause insomnia.

Losing body fat often causes symptoms of brain fog etc. because of released stored toxins. Polar bears have toxins and they live in the "pristine" arctic. We do too.

In total I'm consuming 190g protein

?

That could be causing your symptoms.

So the problem is, I feel very fatigued, horrible sleep, no motivation to do stuff.

If you go full Peat, as in what he eats and takes himself, "milk, fruit (mainly orange juice), eggs, butter, cheese, and coffee. As available, liver, shrimp, squid, oysters, cod, sole, ox-tail soup, chicharrones (puffed pork rind), sapotas, pawpaws, cherimoyas, guanabanas, guavas, carrots, bamboo shoots, small turnips, corundas.." then you have to consult the people who are doing what he does. He also takes thyroid daily. So your source of carbohydrate is lactose, fruit, which can be a problem if it's not quality and consistent, and some sucrose. Most of the people I see having success on HCLF are starch based. Most of the fruit and lactose based Peat folk eat no starch and higher fat, often much higher than Peat does himself and for some reason they still consider themselves "Peaty."

If you're goal is fat loss on a Peat diet, then you have to decide which route you're going to take. How "Peaty" are you willing to go? Take thyroid? No starch? High fruit? etc. Peat eats a lot of cheese. But most people eating cheese daily aren't going to lose body fat because, well, they're not Ray Peat.

Last edited:
OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
It can't be removed completely just by skimming the top.
The milk contains 5% cream which seperates from the milk, which makes it easy to remove, and when I remove the cream I get 50g per 1l. And as I said above, the <30g of fats that I consume is from the milk.

I had problems with sleep before starting with the B-vits and I also take it in the mornings and not at night.

Yes you're right about the starches, I did a cut a while back and got my carbs from starches. It was a success and I was also eating 200g of protein then, and have never had a problem with high protein.

I can usually see and feel a change in body composition in 2 weeks time.
But I'll be continuing with this diet for a few more weeks before I might tweek it a bit.

My point is not to eat like Peat, but to PUFA deplete.

You're almost stating as if that if I want to do Peat diet I have to take thyroid, as if this 'pro-metabolic sugar diet' is not pro-thyroid enough. Why do his diet then anyway.
Why not just consume lots of saturated fat and a few starches and you'll be lean and very pro-metabolic.

Last edited:

lampofred

As I mentioned before, my wife and I are doing a low fat diet (<30g daily) to deplete PUFAs. We're about two weeks in going on three, yet both of us are experiencing the same problems.

...I'm consuming about <2400 calories daily. I'm about 82kg at the moment and <15% bodyfat. I consume 5L close to no fat milk daily. We buy raw milk and I just remove as much cream as possible. I then add 1heaped tbsp sugar to each 500ml I drink. In total I'm consuming 190g protein, 340g carbs and <30g fats.
So the problem is, I feel very fatigued, horrible sleep, no motivation to do stuff. I'm thinking that I'm not burning sugar optimally as I'm not losing weight while in a small caloric deficit. My temp is 37.2C/98.96F and my pulse is 106. It feels like I need to breathe more frequently and as if I can't hold my breath as long as I could before.
I'm using 100mg B1, 100-200mg niacinamide, 6-10mg p5p, bcaa tyrosine combo daily each morning and 1 heaped tsp Mg chloride before bed. I also drink 2-3 cups coffee daily. I sleep 10 hours each night yet wake up groggy and have trouble falling asleep at night.

My question is: how do I further improve my ability to oxidize glucose. It seems as if my thyroid is already doing good, but why am I not burning my fat?

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Then this is very anti-Peat. His latest newsletter says that he doesn't believe in the whole "suffering before you get better" type of health-remedies and that if a new diet makes you feel bad, it's probably not doing you any good. Also Peat has to my knowledge never himself recommended rapid low fat PUFA depletion and it has only been impatient members on this forum who have done so. Peat's opinion I think is that it would be best to deplete PUFA slowly over time while using niacinamide, aspirin, and vitamin e to improve glucose oxidation over time and prevent the PUFAs in your body from damaging you as they are going out.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Then this is very anti-Peat. His latest newsletter says that he doesn't believe in the whole "suffering before you get better" type of health-remedies and that if a new diet makes you feel bad, it's probably not doing you any good. Also Peat has to my knowledge never himself recommended rapid low fat PUFA depletion and it has only been impatient members on this forum who have done so. Peat's opinion I think is that it would be best to deplete PUFA slowly over time while using niacinamide, aspirin, and vitamin e to improve glucose oxidation over time and prevent the PUFAs in your body from damaging you as they are going out.
Well yes it is the point to deplete myself of PUFA rapidly as I'm not planning on doing high carb low fat very long.
I was just wonder why I'm not losing weight as I usually would from a caloric deficit. Maybe I'm not burning the sugar effectively?
Or do you think I'm releasing PUFAs very fast and that's hindering my metabolism?
Maybe I should take iodine/vitamin E to conjugate/saturated the PUFAs before it gets burned then?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Also I notice my have to poop at an annoying frequency, like 3 times a day with perfect consistency though. I'm starting to wake up with real hunger pangs, like those that make you feel nausua.
This might indicate that my gut is working better and that my liver isn't optimal at storing glycogen for longer peroids of time?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals