I'm Finally Losing Serious Weight

YourUniverse

Losing weight sucks, especially if you have to pay for years of PUFA accumulation. Within days, I get sick, some acne, lethargy, poor sleep, various annoying body pains & moodiness. Aspirin seems like a good counter to all these effects, if from PUFA

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
ecstatichamster
Losing weight sucks, especially if you have to pay for years of PUFA accumulation. Within days, I get sick, some acne, lethargy, poor sleep, various annoying body pains & moodiness. Aspirin seems like a good counter to all these effects, if from PUFA

Agreed. I think it took me two years to get over that.

@charlie allerdigest by nutra genesis. I take one capsule with a meal containing wheat.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Glassy

Congrats man. I’m happy that it happened relatively easy for you. I like that the peat principles are flexible enough to allow for you to change things up while still being able to adhere to them. The 1-2 Litres of OJ I’m drinking each day with coke and sugared iced coffee is nice but it doesn’t satiate me for long at all. That’s fine at the moment but I do wonder what would happen if I just dropped them along with the gummy bears. I’ll probably drop the liquid sugar back at some point too.

OP
ecstatichamster
It wasn’t easy @Glassy

I think your body has to reach a level of health before it will give up some fat. This is the difficult part.

OP
ecstatichamster
+1 sooooo overlooked by people trying to lose weight and sometimes lose weight fast.

I think fat is there for a metabolic reason. I'm not sure what that is. But I feel that we lose fat easily when we don't need it anymore.

Wagner83

I think fat is there for a metabolic reason. I'm not sure what that is. But I feel that we lose fat easily when we don't need it anymore.
I prefer Westside's view, which is basically that fat is were all the harmful crap as well as some energy (the latter isn't Westside's idea) is stored and only released given the right circumstances. Amazoniac's take is that fat loss can slow if the body senses the released toxins will do damage. So once the body can deal with it, it comes off.

sladerunner69

For the record in my case coconut oil pushes metabolism and glucose metabolism too much, or simply gets used for fuel too quickly (guesses), fats like butter,beef, maybe cheese, are better for dinner.

Actually this may be true, and why I find cheese/beef to be more satiating at dinner time. Although saying this acknowledges that beef has more PUFA than coconut oil, and PUFA is the devil incarnate so.

Glassy

It wasn’t easy @Glassy

I think your body has to reach a level of health before it will give up some fat. This is the difficult part.

I think effortlessly is probably a better word in that it indicates you weren’t working hard at losing fat. I think the working hard bit is what does a lot of the damage and has the opposite affect of what is desired (ie the no pain no gain mentality). Every part of me wants to go into weight loss mode to burn through the last bit of belly fat, but I continue to stoke my metabolic fire in the hope that it will one day blaze again.

I think it’s difficult to know when you are healthy enough but I guess the safest thing is to aim for health and trust that your body will dump the excess when it feels ready to. You progress gives me hope and confidence that I am on a fruitful path man.

sladerunner69

I prefer Westside's view, which is basically that fat is were all the harmful crap as well as some energy (the latter isn't Westside's idea) is stored and only released given the right circumstances. Amazoniac's take is that fat loss can slow if the body senses the released toxins will do damage. So once the body can deal with it, it comes off.

I disagree with this view though. I was no more than 190 lbs before starting peat's recommendations. I fully embraced the peat way of eating within weeks, and began gaining weight. I was drinking organic milk, eating high quality cheese and meats and of course plenty of fresh squeezed OJ. I was careful to not consume anything that could be described as "toxins" because I was suffering from finasteride side effects and wanted to heal more than anything. So I ate tons of high quality sugars, proteins, nutrients, and of course saturated fats.

According to Westside's view, I would have not gained hardly any fat if I was not consuming any "harmful crap", but boy, I packed on the pounds and fast. Within a year I was up to 215 lbs and a few years later I was 230. And that was eating high quality, peat recommended foods. The body doesn't just store fat because it's harmful crap, but because it is a biological mechanism to preserve calories as long term energy.

We don't talk a lot about evolutionary biology ont he forum, because much of Peat's work contradicts the mainstream evolutionary and genetic paradigm, but the mechanism of bodyfat storage is unavoidable. If you eat fat and don't burn it off quickly, it will be stored for later use. The body was never designed for a consistent intake of carbohydrates, which is a relatively modern style of eating in humans, and is pushed even further with Peat's recommendations. This requires adaptation, which the body can seemingly more than handle, except that it will not shake its intuition to store dietary fat as fuel, and even excess carbs as fuel (albeit to a lesser extent)

Glassy

It’s something I’ve thought about too. I lost a lot of weight with keto and then intermittent fasting, but then stalled with very little calories left to cut. It took me 2 years to get to that point but I had run out of runway. I knew my only 2 options were to take it up a notch with more calorie restriction and/or chemical assistance or reverse diet my metabolism back up (and take another shot at it). I stopped cutting and started peating and put on 10lbs within a month (around half was fat).

My take is that I put this fat on because I ate more than I needed to survive and my metabolism took a while to kick up again (still has room to improve I reckon). Eating peat friendly took the brakes off my metabolism (ie the PUFAs) while the sugar acted like a throttle. I think the old advice not to go straight from cut to bulk is quite wise. The toxic crap in my fat may have been why my cut eventually stalled or maybe it was something else. I’m at 224lbs right now and thinking it may go higher (which does worry me) although it’s relatively stable now as I’ve been keeping my fat intake in check while eating a lot of sugar. Ideally I’d like to be around 200lbs.

Wagner83

I disagree with this view though. I was no more than 190 lbs before starting peat's recommendations. I fully embraced the peat way of eating within weeks, and began gaining weight. I was drinking organic milk, eating high quality cheese and meats and of course plenty of fresh squeezed OJ. I was careful to not consume anything that could be described as "toxins" because I was suffering from finasteride side effects and wanted to heal more than anything. So I ate tons of high quality sugars, proteins, nutrients, and of course saturated fats.

According to Westside's view, I would have not gained hardly any fat if I was not consuming any "harmful crap", but boy, I packed on the pounds and fast. Within a year I was up to 215 lbs and a few years later I was 230. And that was eating high quality, peat recommended foods. The body doesn't just store fat because it's harmful crap, but because it is a biological mechanism to preserve calories as long term energy.

We don't talk a lot about evolutionary biology ont he forum, because much of Peat's work contradicts the mainstream evolutionary and genetic paradigm, but the mechanism of bodyfat storage is unavoidable. If you eat fat and don't burn it off quickly, it will be stored for later use. The body was never designed for a consistent intake of carbohydrates, which is a relatively modern style of eating in humans, and is pushed even further with Peat's recommendations. This requires adaptation, which the body can seemingly more than handle, except that it will not shake its intuition to store dietary fat as fuel, and even excess carbs as fuel (albeit to a lesser extent)
I did not say fat was only for toxins, but I like the idea that it's where they are stored and can slow weight loss. It doesn't mean that other measures like macro nutrients ratios can't make you put on a lot of fat. In fact in the post you quoted I mentioned stored energy. As for westside his views on fat making you fat are everywhere. If you take b3 and aspirin eating a lot of fat can be even worse.

DaveFoster

I eat carrot an hour before bed because reading one of your posts, Ill make it a true carrot salad with some coconut. Good tips
It really does improve sleep quality through a reduction in inflammation, increase in progesterone and elevation in body temperature.

sladerunner69

I did not say fat was only for toxins, but I like the idea that it's where they are stored and can slow weight loss. It doesn't mean that other measures like macro nutrients ratios can't make you put on a lot of fat. In fact in the post you quoted I mentioned stored energy. As for westside his views on fat making you fat are everywhere. If you take b3 and aspirin eating a lot of fat can be even worse.

Yes I would agree with that. I just want to be clear that simply because toxins are stored in fat doesn't mean that is the biological purpose of fat storage.

I can see and have personally experienced niacinamide slowing fat loss but not aspirin. In fact Peat says that he thinks aspirin would hasten fat loss if anything, because it doesn't directly oppose the release of fat stores into the blood stream as niacinamide does. Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

Wagner83

No, I just put them in the same bag because that's how I roll, I value my prejudices.

kreeese

great thread Hamster!! yes dropping liquid calories and watching heavy starches is the ticket!!!!! awesome

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals