Looking For Opinions On Colostrum

Dave Clark

I am curious if anyone can remember what Peat has said about colostrum. I am guessing he may not be a fan of the growth factors in colostrum, since he is not a fan of growth hormone. People use colostrum for immune issues, and some are using it for leaky gut issues, ( I have read that creatine is helpful for gut health, so that may be something to include with colostrum, or replace).

Michael Mohn

I don't think Peat cares about growth factors in natural foods. All the active ingredients in colostrum are present in milk too albeit in lower concentrations. I wonder if there's goat or sheep colostrum. I believe Peat worries more about alterations and additives in supplements. Growth factors are not growth hormones.

Dave Clark

In a podcast, when asked about colostrum, Peat didn't say anything real negative, except, "you don't need it". He seemed alright with it, but wasn't advocating its use. So, I suppose if someone has an issue they think colostrum may help, try it, and if it works, fine, if not, don't spend the money on it. I would guess big proponents of colostrum might disagree.

RealNeat

In a podcast, when asked about colostrum, Peat didn't say anything real negative, except, "you don't need it". He seemed alright with it, but wasn't advocating its use. So, I suppose if someone has an issue they think colostrum may help, try it, and if it works, fine, if not, don't spend the money on it. I would guess big proponents of colostrum might disagree.
I wonder if it would have any benefit on people who were never breast fed. Maybe it's too late and it should have been consumed at a younger age to have benefits. Or, it still benefits even later in life.

Dave Clark

I wonder if it would have any benefit on people who were never breast fed. Maybe it's too late and it should have been consumed at a younger age to have benefits. Or, it still benefits even later in life.
The claim is that it can benefit an adult, etc., but not the same way as when breast feeding an infant, where the colostrum is used to develop the immune system and seal up the gut. Check out this site and their info: Colostrum LD Supplements - Most Effective & Best Quality Colostrum

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals