How To Increase Serotonin For Gut Motility

goodandevil

@yerrag I agree with Giraffe regarding further thyroid tests, and i think high free t3 would confirm the euthyroid picture suggested by the sodium. I don't know how well free t4 correlates to anything, I only know high free t3 has a statistical correlation to good thyroid function, but personally when my free t3 is high my t4 is low. Anyways I think free t3 would be useful.

Regarelding the magnesium salts i've had great success with @Dan Wich 's recipe for Magnesium Carbonate. Has her magnesium been tested? The part about potassium being abnormal with high sodium is interesting, maybe @haidut would know if that's normal or suggestive of kidney dysfunction.

Glad you and your mom have come so far! Whenever I have doubts i reae my excerpts from "Rockefeller Meeicine Men" l. The system is ****88. Congratulations again on your and your mother's achievements.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

@yerrag I agree with Giraffe regarding further thyroid tests, and i think high free t3 would confirm the euthyroid picture suggested by the sodium. I don't know how well free t4 correlates to anything, I only know high free t3 has a statistical correlation to good thyroid function, but personally when my free t3 is high my t4 is low. Anyways I think free t3 would be useful.

Regarelding the magnesium salts i've had great success with @Dan Wich 's recipe for Magnesium Carbonate. Has her magnesium been tested? The part about potassium being abnormal with high sodium is interesting, maybe @haidut would know if that's normal or suggestive of kidney dysfunction.

Glad you and your mom have come so far! Whenever I have doubts i reae my excerpts from "Rockefeller Meeicine Men" l. The system is ****88. Congratulations again on your and your mother's achievements.
Thanks goodandevil.

Her magnesium was tested and although the blood test showed magnesium to be normal, I still gave her magnesium. I'm under the impression that the blood test for magnesium doesn't say much about the magnesium in the tissues, so I still used magnesium supplements notwithstanding.

I'll try to get a complete picture of my mom's thyroid with further tests.

amethyst

Thanks goodandevil.

Her magnesium was tested and although the blood test showed magnesium to be normal, I still gave her magnesium. I'm under the impression that the blood test for magnesium doesn't say much about the magnesium in the tissues, so I still used magnesium supplements notwithstanding.

I'll try to get a complete picture of my mom's thyroid with further tests.
A product called Natural Calm which is Magnesium Citrate works really well. Better than just taking magnesium supplement pills for that kind of issue.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

@yerrag hows ur mom so far ?
She's doing very well Bahaa. But picky with her food. Chocolate is my test on whether she's able to eat. Since eating full meals is a struggle, she is given a milk blend when she wakes and before she sleeps, and two glasses of vegetable juice and four glasses of fresh fruit juice during the day. She has two meals centered on protein only to reduce the quantity involved. The milk and juice provides the carbs and fat.

Milk blend has milk, egg, whey, gelatin (to balance the whey), colostrum, spirulina, virgin coconut oil, honey, salt, magnesium, calcium, and vitamin D. Juices have honey and salt added.

She takes b-complex supplements and a quarter tablet of aspirin dissolved in water, after each meal.

Her temperature is between 36.5 and 37°C (salt really helps increase her temperature) and her blood pressure around 120/80 or lower.

She has physical therapy 3x a week to regain her walking ability.

She still has edema showing on her ankles though.

And has chronic UTI from her uses of diapers due to her incontinence.

Takes d-mannose to flush away bacteria from her urinary tract to manage her condition.

I'm finding ways to restore her urinary sphincter's functionality so she can be able to control her bladder, to get rid of her incontinence, and to fix her chronic UTI condition, her key stressor. Maybe a combination of acupuncture, and a few more nerve-protective substances will do the job, which may include a few adaptogens.

Thanks for asking and a Happy New Year!

Mmmm

Edema sometimes is a weakness in the bladder that providess bile to digest and balance the minerals

Be careful about minerals
I used to add a lot of salt even to water and that's very wrong

I got an edema and a swellING intestine and swelling legs and calves few weeks ago

So for me
I kicked the edema out
By adding salt to taste for my food

For milk or oj or any drink I don't add any salt please

Salt isss not bad to avoid it
And not good to over do it

Please re think about it

Over salting kick potassium out of the body
Potassium is very good for protein metabolism

Please be careful
Add sugar to taste not more

IMHO

Ur mom is eating a lot of salt
That's what's causing her edema

I mean over salting is stressing out your moms system

So the body can't balance anymore

Magnesium is good but in moderation
Salt is good on food but in moderation
Potassium is good in moderation
Calcium as well
Selenium .... and so on

Let your mom drink hot herbal tea before and after every meal with one tablespoon of sugar or honey

Stop all kind of supplement

Magnesium is healthy in moderation

Please be careful

And keep us in touch please

Hopefully she is gonna soon feel better

Don't listen to those people
Here
That take huge amount of salt and sugar and gelatin

Like pound of sugar a day
10 g4am salt
10 gram of potassium
150 gram of gelatin

And 3000 mg of caffeine

Those are two
Very ignorant and stupid
Or
Big liars

Please I know you love your mom
That's why be careful

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Thanks. I'm monitoring her blood sodium and potassium. Salt seems to lower her potassium, so I've switched to coconut nectar instead of honey for sugar as it is very rich in potassium. Will see blood test results how that works out.

She has 4g salt per day, 120g honey, no caffeine (but considering it). That amount of salt is her maximum, and it has helped her recover. I feel the edema is from lack of magnesium, as it resurfaced when I cut back on it.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

A product called Natural Calm which is Magnesium Citrate works really well. Better than just taking magnesium supplement pills for that kind of issue.
What was your experience with it? I'll have it in a month for my mom to use. What's your daily intake? My mom was on 1500mg on both magnesium and calcium during her hospital stay.

Regina

She's doing very well Bahaa. But picky with her food. Chocolate is my test on whether she's able to eat. Since eating full meals is a struggle, she is given a milk blend when she wakes and before she sleeps, and two glasses of vegetable juice and four glasses of fresh fruit juice during the day. She has two meals centered on protein only to reduce the quantity involved. The milk and juice provides the carbs and fat.

Milk blend has milk, egg, whey, gelatin (to balance the whey), colostrum, spirulina, virgin coconut oil, honey, salt, magnesium, calcium, and vitamin D. Juices have honey and salt added.

She takes b-complex supplements and a quarter tablet of aspirin dissolved in water, after each meal.

Her temperature is between 36.5 and 37°C (salt really helps increase her temperature) and her blood pressure around 120/80 or lower.

Takes d-mannose to flush away bacteria from her urinary tract to manage her condition.

I'm finding ways to restore her urinary sphincter's functionality so she can be able to control her bladder, to get rid of her incontinence, and to fix her chronic UTI condition, her key stressor. Maybe a combination of acupuncture, and a few more nerve-protective substances will do the job, which may include a few adaptogens.

I think you should stick with the salt--as much as she is willing. And maybe add more aspirin and add caffeine.
What about methylene blue (Haidut's Oxidal), progesterone and thyroid? Might help with the UTI's. And emodin and carrot salad for endotoxemia. I'd probably drop the whey because of the tryptophan might increase serotonin.

The whey is inflammatory

Bcaa or gelatin or even glycine didn't work for me to avoid it's bad effect on my body

I would suggest IMHO as Regina said to avoid it

amethyst

What was your experience with it? I'll have it in a month for my mom to use. What's your daily intake? My mom was on 1500mg on both magnesium and calcium during her hospital stay.
I take some everyday. It's great. The recommended amount on the container says 2 tsps. which varies for me. If she tried that, it should help get her regular. Then she can taper off.

I also take a regular magnesium supplement called Magnesium Glycinate (I do this for my muscles as I work out regularly) but magnesium is important for elimination. Too much calcium and not enough magnesium can clog someone up. And it's even worse if someone is on medications that constipate you.

You might get your mom on a liver cleansing regimen using vitamin E and sunflower lecithin, as this really detoxes your liver and helps emulsify fats. It also helps you "go". A lot of digestion problems and elimination problems have to do with a clogged liver.

amethyst

@yerrag

Make sure you buy aged cascara; the non-aged variety is toxic. Mountain Rose Herbs has a good product.
Sometimes, I think cascara, might be a little hard on an elderly person. I think they may do better on magnesium. Elderly people's system are more fragile. Not knocking the cascara. Just that I think his mom needs something a little bit more gentle.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals