Kick **** Experience With White Button Mushrooms

OP
ecstatichamster
thanks mate. Forgive the noob questions, never cooked a mushroom in my life. What do you use to grind yours and to what consistency? Not worth putting a touch of coconut oil when sautéing? How much water do you add and what do you do with the water afterwards? Extremely helpful - thanks!

Grind fine. I use a food processor. No oil. Add about 1 cup water to one pound mushrooms. More during cooking if too much evaporates.

Kunstruct

Thanks for the update. So great that 2.5 years later you're still getting benefits.
Highly important people to keep talk about their long term experiences, 3 days testimonials are not the best really, often things do not continue the same for very long term.

SQu

Exactly! I always go back to see the timeframe. So mushrooms are going from occasionally to regularly for me now.

Inaut

I ate half a pound of well cooked mushrooms....I know...a little excessive....Bloat and gas were horrendous two days after. I think I'll cook them and eat less next time :angelic:

One thing I will say i noticed was nocturnal erections and morning wood following consumption. Like the effect aspirin has on me

Kunstruct

I ate half a pound of well cooked mushrooms....I know...a little excessive....Bloat and gas were horrendous two days after. I think I'll cook them and eat less next time :angelic:

Interesting, so similar effect on gut some beans would have for example?

Inaut

Interesting, so similar effect on gut some beans would have for example?

that's what it felt like. Mushrooms probably waging war on the bad guys. Carrots don't bloat me so it must be more antibacterial, rather than fiber action...

Kunstruct

I eat some of them last midnight, boiled 2 hours in water. Today I am getting some uncommon smelly gas.
Well maybe a coincidence maybe not, I will will try these mushrooms again to see if this happens again.

Inaut

So i ate another half pound of mushrooms again.... Said I wasnt going to but once i started I just kept going. Pressure cooked them for an hour and a half, drained them, then sauteed them in butter on low. At the end I added some white vinegar to them and ate them with some beef.

Two very large bowel movements this morning and very little gas. I'd recommend adding the vinegar as Roddy had said in his recent podcast. Made a difference for me

OP
ecstatichamster
I suggest in terms of uncooked weight, no more than maybe 40g - a few tablespoons cooked ground up mushrooms.

golder

I suggest in terms of uncooked weight, no more than maybe 40g - a few tablespoons cooked ground up mushrooms.
Thanks for this. What do you find the diminishing returns would be in exceeding this dose? Lowering estrogen too much? Too much stress on the digestive system?

OP
ecstatichamster
Thanks for this. What do you find the diminishing returns would be in exceeding this dose? Lowering estrogen too much? Too much stress on the digestive system?

yes I think too much over a few days destroys my erections for another few days.

SuperStressed

I can't find the quote or something like someone sharing info from an email about Ray saying that mushrooms don't actually need to be covered when you cook them to kill hydrazine. I swear I have read it somewhere. It would be handy because I just want to put mushrooms in my pressure cooked oxtail without much extra effort.

Ah, here it is.

"I contacted Ray regarding the need to put a lid on the pot when cooking mushrooms. He said the hydrazine is mostly destroyed by heat and so it does not matter whether or not you use a lid on the pot. Being able to use a lid means you will use a lot less heat and won’t need to have the extractor fan going for 3 hours."

how I prep mushrooms and why it’s worth the bother | The Nutrition Coach

Last edited:

Peatogenic

I've tried mushrooms for a day now with 2 meals. I've noticed a definite sense of stomach acids increasing, or activity in my gut...not a negative feeling, hard to describe. Does this resonate with others, a "stimulation" of gut?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals