Kerrygold Butter.

marcar72

... is it available year around or what. I'm not sure what the deal is with this product.

I looked around our local shops, even niche shops awhile back for Kerrygold butter to no avail. Then last night I decided to take a look at the Meijer butter section, no luck. Then I went to Hy Vee and bam, I scored me some Kerrygold butter!!

Now they didn't have this butter just months ago when I last checked, but they have it now. I read some Amazon reviews where peeps mention they can't find it year around either, hence why they bought it from Amazon.

I'm just wondering if I need to stock up on it a bit to get through any "dry" spells, lol... :?:

uuy8778yyi

there are many good butters

jersey butter
anchor butter
french normandy butter

just get a high quality one

OP
marcar72

marcar72

artemis said:
The WalMart near me now has Kerrygold butter! :claporange

Yea, some reviewer on Amazon said their Wal Mart carried it of all places. I guess I'll have to check it out to see if mine does. I don't really like patronizing Wal Mart though... :2cents

sweetpeat

I recently discovered my grocer carries it, but it's not stocked with the other brands of butter. It's over in the deli for some reason. With the gourmet cheeses.

tara

Amazoniac said:
And if expiricy date is a concern for stocking, make clarified butter from it..
I store butter in the freezer. If you keep it for a long time in the fridge, keep it in a sealed plastic bag or similar so it doesn't pick up fridge smells and flavours.

Amazoniac

tara said:
Amazoniac said:
And if expiricy date is a concern for stocking, make clarified butter from it..
I store butter in the freezer. If you keep it for a long time in the fridge, keep it in a sealed plastic bag or similar so it doesn't pick up fridge smells and flavours.

I've heard of that but never tried. It works well? Doesn't it get affected after defrosted (weird consistency, texture, etc)?

tara

The only minor issue I've noticed is that water condenses on the outside of the packet when you bring it up to temperature again ready to eat from freezing. Depending on the wrapping, this is either minor or no issue.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
marcar72 said:
artemis said:
The WalMart near me now has Kerrygold butter! :claporange

Yea, some reviewer on Amazon said their Wal Mart carried it of all places. I guess I'll have to check it out to see if mine does. I don't really like patronizing Wal Mart though... :2cents
My Walmart also carries it and at a good price.

tara

I don't know, I've never had a bad one out of the freezer, and not sure how long I've stored - maybe up to a year at a guess. I've had them deteriorate in less than three months in the fridge, though maybe I didn't provide optimum conditions. Half a kilo never lasts a month in my fridge these days, though, because it gets eaten. I'm really fussy about the taste - I've found a brand that has been really reliably good here, and others not so good (ie slightly rancid straight from the shop), so when the good ones come on sale I stock up.

XPlus

2nd Anchor

NZ cows are mostly grass fed

Inaut

For those living in Canada, Kirkland brand of butter is the best I’ve found. It’s a deep yellow colour and grass fed. Not to take away from the thread

Lollipop2

For those living in Canada, Kirkland brand of butter is the best I’ve found. It’s a deep yellow colour and grass fed. Not to take away from the thread
Thank you for posting and reviving this thread!! I had no idea about Kerrygold. I would have missed it.

Inaut

How do you know it’s grass fed?
It says so. I guess it can be false advertising as well but it’s definitely leaps and bounds better than other readily available butters I’ve had (and it’s a good price)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals