Just Bitten By My Cat

Ashoka

I just washed the wound quickly, added some antibiotic ointment, put on a bandage, and took some aspirin.

Last edited:
It sounds like relaxing is the top priority right now...

OP
Ashoka

Ashoka

Okay guys, I'm gonna try that relaxing thing. If someone could just delete this thread in the meantime I'd be so glad

tara

Friendly nip or vicious deep puncture wound? The former is likely to be no trouble. The latter may bear watching.

XPlus

I'd make sure not go short on sugar in the bloodstream and keep warm as much as possible.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Friendly nip or vicious deep puncture wound? The former is likely to be no trouble. The latter may bear watching.
:+1 Especially if the wound becomes red, hot, inflamed, painful or you develop red streaks radiating from the area.
ETA: or puss/drainage.

Last edited:
Ive had cats my whole life.. I always wondered if I caught some disease or bacteria from them.. if there is woke cat bacteria.. I gaurantee you I have it loo

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I've seen a couple people hospitalized from a cat bite. Probably rare but it can happen.

OP
Ashoka

Ashoka

It's a single deep bite, but it seems to be fine. On the other hand I ended up getting the worst case of allergic conjunctivitis, which happens from time to time due to pets. I think the bite must have affected my reaction somehow.

I was worried about toxoplasmosis. I try to be careful around the litter and such and wear a dust mask and gloves, but I have doubts about being able to avoid it long term.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
Toxoplasma is transmitted through their claws when they break the skin.

Maretch

the biggest bite that i received was on my lower lip. It was a huge hole and i was so scared, but practically i did nothing to treat it, so i think that everything will be ok!

I grew up getting scratched by housecats and I don't have Toxoplasma :cool

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals