How To Properly Chop Off A Kitten's Tail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, sounds cruel, but really no. Kitten walked in the house, somehow invited by my two other cats.

This was maybe a month ago. Had many kitties and cats, yet this one is the most energetic. As a Peatarian, how could I not adopt it?

Bimbap has this tail wound, and I had been applying urea and a garlic-honey poultice to it, to no avail. The other day, he gave off a cry and an inch length of the tail came off. I can't get info on the net on how to save an injured tail. It seems like the best thing is to chop off the necrotic part of the tail, as it will save the rest of the tail. Since it will hurt the kitty to chop it off, I need to anaesthesize the tail.

I'm just going to use a cleaver to lop the rotten part off. and then apply the garlic-honey poultice to the wound.

I have eugenol with me, which I use for my koi. It's the same thing used by dentists to numb our gums when something needs to be done. I plan to just apply to the tail but I don't know the dilution of eugenol to water that numbs just enough.

Does anyone have experience or know the dilution needed? Otherwise, I'll just have to test it myself with gradually increasing dilutions.

View attachment 26312

View attachment 26313

Eewws are understandable, but I have to do what I have to do.

Oh geeze Yerrag why are puting this topic on a Ray Peat sight?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Oh geeze Yerrag why are puting this topic on a Ray Peat sight?
You have to tell me why not as well.

I know you have a soft stomach for these things, but think of this forum as Netflix. You can have family friendly, and you also have Quentin Tarantino movies.

You have to tell me why not as well.

I know you have a soft stomach for these things, but think of this forum as Netflix. You can have family friendly, and you also have Quentin Tarantino movies.

This site use to be about Ray Peat stuff, and though it has gotten way off track, what is gonna come after opening the door to chopping off kitten tails?

This site use to be about Ray Peat stuff, and though it has gotten way off track, what is gonna come after opening the door to chopping off kitten tails?
I am not saying you are a bad person, and I get you wanna help the kitten, by why tell people how to do their own animal surgeries? Don't you think that anestizing the kitten would be more appropriate?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

It still is about Ray Peat stuff, but in case you haven't noticed, it is also about perceive about perceive think and act. And yes, Ray Peat also paints.

I am not saying you are a bad person, and I get you wanna help the kitten, by why tell people how to do their own animal surgeries? Don't you think that anesthetizing the kitten would be more appropriate?
It still is about Ray Peat stuff, but in case you haven't noticed, it is also about perceive about perceive think and act. And yes, Ray Peat also paints.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I am not saying you are a bad person, and I get you wanna help the kitten, by why tell people how to do their own animal surgeries? Don't you think that anestizing the kitten would be more appropriate?
Local or general? I know you just jumped in with guns blazing, since the thread is already long.

Local or general? I know you just jumped in with guns blazing, since the thread is already long.
I did come in blazing, because the title has bothered me ever since my husband, and a few members have private messaged me about it. I can't read it. Again not because you mean harm, but I just fear what people are gonna think is ok for their animals since Yerrag did it.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I did come in blazing, because the title has bothered me ever since my husband, and a few members have private messaged me about it. I can't read it. Again not because you mean harm, but I just fear what people are gonna think is ok for their animals since Yerrag did it.
They kids or grownups? They can read, can't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom