Cat Cancer Treatment Help Please (dog Too)

Nikki

Hi i have a cat, dogs, and parent with cancer. The parent is easy to treat according to the peat principles. The pets are tricky because I don't know what's safe for them or what dosage is appropriate.

My cat needs immediate help because the tumor (squamous) is preventing eating. Kate Deering has been very kind to guide me, but she doesn't know animal protocols so im hoping someone here has experience witb cats specifically.

The cat is on aspirin but due to feline physiology quirks and mild kidney disease, I'm nervous to give it orally in any more than a standard dose. I am also adding it to the salve applied topically under her jaw.

I think too much progest E made her lethargic, so am not sure how much to give her or how to give it. I was adding a couple drops to food each day and rubbing it on bare portion of ears. Now ive decreased to 2 drops in food nothing topically. Do u think i should apply ot right by the tumor? Could it help locally or only systemically? Progesterone topically didnt seem to help a skin cancer i treated.

Her diet is raw meat, organs (20% of meal is liver now for extra vit A & D), a bit of canned pumpkin. To this i add sodium bicarb, colloidal metals (silver, gold, platinum), progest E, coq10, artemisinin, curcumin, aspirin (10-20mg/kg), bloodroot salve (contains zinc chloride), DMSO, and i was giving ip6 but stopped when she had nausea (not sure it was related but nausea subsided when i stopped).

Shoukd i put her in a bag up to her neck and fill it with CO2? How often or long would someone do this for urgent healing?

She was on LDN for about 10 days but i thought that was causimg nausea perhaps. Its not easy to find info on LDN use in cats. It wont be an option once her feeding tube is removed, due to the bitter flavor, so maybe its pointless and an unnecessary risk.

I apply the bloodroot salve with dmso, aspirin, artemisinin, to her skin near the mass. On cats this salve really damages the skin (unlike humans and dogs).

What more can i do?

Please help. I adore this cat. She was acting luke a kitten just a few weeks ago. She cannot die from one tumor.

The vets say its inoperable, btw.

Whatevee we can figure out for the cat i can also apply to the dogs. Cats are the more delicate species and this tumor coukd kill her in dats if airway is blocked. This is why i am begging for help with her and when im feeling right about a protocol for her, ill tweak it for the dogs who are not as bad off.

With appreciation
Nikki

Last edited:

Jennifer

I'm very sorry to hear about your cat, dogs and parent, Nikki.

I'm not completely familiar with a feline's system compared to ours, but something that stuck out to me was your cat's mild kidney disease. Have you looked into herbs to help strengthen your cat's kidneys? My current understanding is that if kidneys aren't filtering properly, acidic metabolic waste builds up in the system and things like tumors form.

Since you're using bloodroot, I'm thinking you've researched into herbs for treatment. There are herbal tinctures that are great at helping to get the kidneys filtering, as well as ones to clear out the lymphatic system of acidic metabolic waste. I would also consider your cat's adrenals since they affect the kidneys' ability to filter.

For immediate treatment, I'm wondering if a castor oil pack on the tumor might help loosen and/or dissolve it and possibly help with your cat's appetite and airway?

I had a dog and cat that were found to have cancer at their annual checkup. I lost them 3 months after the tumors were found. For those three months, I tried every Peaty thing I could think of and if I could do it all over again, I would include herbs to kick out the waste.

My two girls were my world so I know how you're feeling and hope your cat, dogs and parent find healing. I'll be praying for them to pull through.

OP
N

Nikki

Can you provide a reference please? I have never seen anything suggesting glycine would cause taurine deficiency or vice versa. I have seen studies about beta alanine and taurine depleting each other but it only happens in very high doses like taking 50g - 60g of each amino for a month.
Haidut, wouldn't most people get enough taurine from eating meat? In the case of my animals where I feed them ground chicken with skin, bone, and everything in between, would you assume they are getting plenty of both Taurine and Glycine? I have two dogs with heart problems which I think could be reversed with Taurine and other supplements but I scared myself out of supplementing it when they got upset stomachs and I read some bad things about taurine side effects.
My cat and my dog (not legally mine, but I love him and spend a lot of time with him) have cancer. The cat is getting less glycine now because I have to tube feed and can't feed bone through the tube and she's limited to ground beef, egg, yolks, and fine, soft meats and organ meats I can get through the tube. Perhaps for her I would supplement glycine but is there a ratio to the amount of meat fed or just a dosage by weight? I will reasearch glycine and cats but I am not as smart as you so I wanted to get your take on this. I feel dogs are a lot more physiologically similar to us than felines so it's safer to apply our healing methods to them. With felines I feel overwhelmed trying to understand the physiology.

Thanks!

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut, wouldn't most people get enough taurine from eating meat? In the case of my animals where I feed them ground chicken with skin, bone, and everything in between, would you assume they are getting plenty of both Taurine and Glycine? I have two dogs with heart problems which I think could be reversed with Taurine and other supplements but I scared myself out of supplementing it when they got upset stomachs and I read some bad things about taurine side effects.
My cat and my dog (not legally mine, but I love him and spend a lot of time with him) have cancer. The cat is getting less glycine now because I have to tube feed and can't feed bone through the tube and she's limited to ground beef, egg, yolks, and fine, soft meats and organ meats I can get through the tube. Perhaps for her I would supplement glycine but is there a ratio to the amount of meat fed or just a dosage by weight? I will reasearch glycine and cats but I am not as smart as you so I wanted to get your take on this. I feel dogs are a lot more physiologically similar to us than felines so it's safer to apply our healing methods to them. With felines I feel overwhelmed trying to understand the physiology.

Thanks!

Taurine is not a a very abundant amino acid in land animals protein. I think scallops and other mollusks have it in highest quantities. But the animals should be getting a decent amount of gelatin form the food you describe. The ratio of glycine to inflammatory aminos is usually 1:10 in order for the glycine to be able to balance the effects of the bad aminos. Not sure how much glycine/gelatin exactly is in the food you are giving them. Glycine dissolved very well in water so you can buy pure glycine powder from a place like PureBulk or Amazon, and dissolve it in water as 10% solution. I think this is enough for an anti-cancer effect and it tastes sweet so the animals may actually like it. I have seen a dog that had lymphoma drink this water for a few months and then the diagnosis was changed to bening tumors. Not sure if it was the glycnie or the diagnosis was really wrong the first time around, but the owner is ecstatic and now recommends it to all other dog owners she knows, especially larger dog owners since those are the ones that tend to get the lymphatic cancers. Don't know much about cats but the glycine solution should be applicable to them as well.

OP
N

Nikki

Your compassion is appreciated so much. Luckily my dad's cancer is not life threatening (polycythemia). The fact that he has any cancer is enough for me to know he needs a better diet and probably hormone therapy. The one dog is definitely not winning the war against his melanoma yet, but he is tolerating the herbs so well, I think he will come out on top at least for a while. The other dog will be fine with some diet tweaks, he is not in danger of dying any time soon from what I can tell.

As for my cat, I have been so obsessed with fixing the cancer, I haven't thought much about renal disease. I am glad you wrote because you pointed out something obvious that I missed . I will look into herbs for assisting the kidneys and draining lymph, but if you (or anyone) have suggestions on herbs or sources, please share. I have primarily relied on sodium bicarbonate to help detox renal patients. It essentially does the job of the kidneys, but does not address kidney health directly (except to provide some CO2 which I am just learning about). Feline chronic kidney disease is usually autoimmune. I thought I was feeding an anti-inflammatory diet. The diet was probably OK except for the fish oil and some vitamins were probably too low. And all of the pets who got cancer were spayed females who had little progesterone to protect them.

None of my pets developed cancer for a period of about 17 years. I had several pets over the age of 10 in this time so I was beating the odds. `I began adding fish oil to the daily diet of all the pets about 3 years ago. I have had 3 cancer cases since (including the one dog who I had treated several years earlier with salve).

I also had a bank of 18 smart meters installed 15' from my (small) home and a couple of smart meters on my home about 4 years ago. The cat who has the cancer now, was sick (eyes were red 24/7 and she was acting schizophrenic, losing weight) when the meters were on my home. As soon as they removed them, she began to recover. Within 2 weeks she was her old self. I had a resolution of vertigo and insomnia which had plagued me for months. I hadn't realized they might be related to the meters and still cannot say they were, but I am suspicious. My bed is just inside from gas meter (my head was about 14" away from the meter each night and a good part of the day as I tried to catch up on the sleep I was missing). The "affected" cat used to sunbath outdoors right by the meter (within 10"). The other cats who did not sleep there were fine. My partner used to get up in the middle of the night and go sleep in the living room because she couldn't sleep in the bedroom. Not sure if there was a link, but I suspect it.

DMSo is radio-protective so i try to give some to all of the pets, though I am lost for a "proper" dosage. I have used DMSO daily in this one cat in hopes to control renal inflammation. I am not sure if it worked, but her disease did not progress in a year's time and did improve in one regard. Her BUN dropped slowly but surely over the last year and a half. Creatinine was holding steady for a year or so. Recently it rose to a more diseased level but she is still considered to have only mild renal disease. I see this tumor appearing as creatinine rose as coincidence worth investigating.

Wouldn't bicarb or CO2 help get rid of the acid waste? Isn't that effectively what is happening in dialysis? I am struggling with learning and memory now so I am really having a hard time understanding anything new. The whole CO2 thing confuses me in that I don't understand how much is too much and how to ensure oxygen isn't too low. I have setup two CO2 "caves" (cages with towels over them) for my cat so she can choose to hide in these and let her exhaled breath buildup and self-treat as needed. She hasn't wanted to leave these since I put them out (24 hours) which may be overdoing it. I will try to do an experiment where one has more room air flow and one is more closed off to see if she actually has the preference for CO2 breathing, as she may just like that they're cozy, dark places.

Could you tell me what cancers your pets had and what you tried? If it's still a sore subject, I understand and there is no need to get into it. I do want to say that I am very sorry you lost them. It is never easy to feel helpless with sick loved ones. It was probably even more difficult to feel empowered by RP's teachings and still lose the battle. In these situations, I think all we can do is learn from our mistakes. I thank you for sharing your thoughts on what you would do differently.

As for castor oil, I am surprised I didn't think of that. I will dilute her bloodroot salve with castor oil and pack it on her neck when it heals up a bit. Right now the neck is covered in a thick scab and I don't think the oil will penetrate.

Thank you thank you!
Nikki

Rivka

I give my dog cascara and flowers of sulphur at times to ensure bowel movements are good. I also give her aspirin. She also loves lying under incandescent lights.

Lilac

Someone (not a vet, but an experienced cat owner) told me that aspirin is not good for cats. I have no idea if this is true or not.

One of my cats who has many health issues likes coconut oil; he also likes Mitolipin. I have, on occasion, given both my cats a squirt of dilute methylene blue in an attempt to fix health issues. Once, I thought my younger cat showed an immediate burst of energy after the methylene blue, which might have been coincidental.

Both cats love to sit under the big lightbulb in the winter. This is always striking.

Perhaps some raw liver?

Good luck!

OP
N

Nikki

Someone (not a vet, but an experienced cat owner) told me that aspirin is not good for cats. I have no idea if this is true or not.

One of my cats who has many health issues likes coconut oil; he also likes Mitolipin. I have, on occasion, given both my cats a squirt of dilute methylene blue in an attempt to fix health issues. Once, I thought my younger cat showed an immediate burst of energy after the methylene blue, which might have been coincidental.

Both cats love to sit under the big lightbulb in the winter. This is always striking.

Perhaps some raw liver?

Good luck!

Hi thank you for sharing. This is all very interesting. Which light did you buy for your cats? Do yo have a brand name I can look for?

Please use methylene blue with caution. when you say squirt, I hope you meant of a diluted product. If you squirted it full strength, I would like to know more because it is reportedly extremely toxic to cats and dogs in doses of more than 2-3 mg. I thought it was ironic that in these species it causes heinz body anemia, which would decrease oxygen transport, but in humans it appears to assist with the utilization of oxygen. I would love Haidut's take on this as I struggle to understand how it works in humans.

I'd research coconut oil, phenols, and cats very well before offering coconut oil to cats long term. Intuitively I feel it isn't safe for cats l long-term . One source I have found so far has agreed- thousands of others state it is "good for" your cat. I have supplemented it at times, but have never stuck with it because my 6th sense nags me not to continue. I don't see cats cracking open coconuts for food, so I am not inclined to include coconut products in my cats' food unless there is a specific thing I am treating and, even then, I don't feel right about it (for dogs I don't have this "warning" feeling). I am not saying I don't give them things they wouldn't eat in the wild, but when I do, it's generally in attempts to mimic what their natural diet would be had man not screwed up the soil and food sources. I do add minerals, clays (to detox), buffered Vit C, and wheat grass powder. They got lots of raw liver daily. Right now they get more than the 5% recommended by raw-feeding experts because I know some of the vitamins are damaged in the processing (grinding, exposing to air/light, freezing). I have the liver content at about 10% for my "healthy" cats and 20% for the kitty with the tumor.

I am not saying I am right about coconut oil, but I would look into it. Phenols in general are a red flag for any product that would go into or on a cat. Essential oils are often comprise of phenols and are something I never use on or in cats unless it's an emergency (such as cancer in which case I will use frankincense locally, and would consider boswellia orally short term or would carefully watch renal and liver function if used long-term).

ON aspirin from Medications and Cats : "You suggest 10mg/lb, but every other source I can find suggests 10mg/kg... " followed by "There are published studies indicating that aspirin is safe when dosed from 10 to 25mg/kg every 48 to 72 hours and one study indicating no problems when it was dosed at 162mg/cat once a week. We use up to 10mg/lb in our practice, even though it is at the higher end of the dosage scale. We usually do not exceed 81mg per cat and I probably should indicate that in our answers online, since this is often closer to 5mg/kg in large cats." The vet who answered this qusetion does not state if this is for long-term use nor does he state how often they dose the 10mg/lb. In the previous sentence, he mentions 3 different dosing schedules and to assume which he was referring to would be dangerous. I am sticking to about 6.8mg/lb every other day until I hear back from the vet who posted this info as I cannot seem to find the studies he refers to.

Hope this is helpful to someone or we can dissect some of the false notions if there are any.

Nikki

Shrimp

Hi Nikki,

Sorry to hear about your pets' issues with cancer. I lost my 12 y.o. tux kitty to Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the jaw/tongue, and the vet who did the in-home euthanasia said that she feared a diagnosis of this disease in her own cats more than pretty much anything else. It is an extremely aggressive, painful cancer that often seems to come out of nowhere, and even going so far as to remove the jaw with the tumor in it still has a very poor prognosis. I know how frustrating it can be to see a cat that was energetic and healthy get smacked with a diagnosis like this.

Mine experienced an extremely rapid decline over a period of two weeks. We brought her into the vet for balance issues/head tilt due to a suspected ear infection, but it turned out it was cancer in her jaw that had spread to her sinuses. They found the cancer after the antibiotics for the ear infection did not help her symptoms. Then she had extreme difficulty eating to the point that she could only lap up some watery tuna canned food and also little "mouse meatballs" I made from meat I got from Hare Today in my desperation. I tried all different textures, shapes, and types of food. Attempting to syringe feed her caused her more stress than anything because of the pain, and a feeding tube would have only extended her survival time up to a month or so, so we opted to end her suffering. A steroid shot did help her to feel comfortable eating for a few days, but she stopped again after it wore off.

I ordered an herbal supplement that had many positive reviews upon her diagnosis, but never had the opportunity to try it because she declined so fast. Cat Cancer - Life Gold: Feline Cancer Treatment - PetWellBeing.com If you are interested, though looking back the reviews seem to good to be true. If I could go back and try anything, I would have tried to get her to have some gelatin-rich broth to bring the inflammation down. I am not sure if a cancer that seems so invariably aggressive is curable by any method, but perhaps I am being defeatist and it certainly doesn't hurt to try as long as the cat isn't suffering too much. I wish I could offer you advice but all I can really offer is my sympathy. SCC is a brutal disease and it is terrible to see a beloved friend suffer from it.

OP
N

Nikki

Im sorry about your loss. I know its hard.

I guess I'm very lucky that my cat has survived this many months being fairly comfortable. Several months ago, i thoughg she had a sore tooth interfering with eating. I only found out about 3 weeks ago that it was a tumor. It hasn't grown very quickly and isn't always super aggressive, but i believe it can be. I'm very lucky that SCC is very sensitive to sanguinarine in blood root. But killing tumors rapidly is painful and with cats the bloodroot salve i use (amazon salve) seems quite caustic. I'm using several tumorcidal agents but want to be careful.

Will look into that supplement .

Jennifer

You're welcome, Nikki. I'm glad I could help some. I'm also very glad to know your dad's cancer isn't life threatening and I hope he and your fur family heal up for good.

I'm not sure which are safe for cats, but the list of herbs I have for the urinary system are:

Single Herb - Detoxifiers - Corn Silk, Juniper Berries, Saw Palmetto Berries, Pipsissewa, Uva Ursi, Couch Grass Root, Parsley, Dandelion Leaf

Single Herb - Strengtheners - Juniper Berries, Saw Palmetto Berries, Pipsissewa, Uva Ursi, Lespedeza, Couch Grass Root, Parsley, Dandelion Leaf

For the adrenals (and entire glandular system):

Single Herb - Detoxifiers - Bugleweed Leaf, Dandelion Leaf, Parsley Leaf, Poke Root, Kelp, Saw Palmetto Berries

Single Herbs - Strengtheners - Astragalus Root, Panax Ginseng, Siberian Ginseng, Kelp, Saw Palmetto Berries, Chaste Tree Berry (Vitex), Hawthorn Berries, Bugleweed, Dandelion Leaf, Parsley Leaf, False Unicorn

For the lymphatic system:

Single Herb - Detoxifiers - Poke Root, Blood Root, Fenugreek, Mild Cayenne Pepper, Cascara Sangrada, White Oak Bark, Cleavers, Blue Flag, Plantain, Red Root, Yellow Dock

Single Herb - Strengtheners - Yellow Dock, Poke Root, Blue Flag, White Oak Bark, Reishi Mushroom, Maitake Mushroom, Shiitake Mushroom

That's very interesting about the meters. Have you ever had someone come and test their frequencies? We have high power lines that run through our property and when I fell ill for what seemed like no apparent reason at the time, we had someone come out and test them, along with in and around the house.

Hmm...yeah, I'm not good when it comes to dosing things like DMSO. Haidut may know? I'm more familiar with the herbs used to protect from radiation exposure. I would agree that it's wise to consider your cat's creatinine rising with the appearance of the tumor. From what I understand, increased levels can be an indicator of inflammation of the kidneys, urinary obstructions, dehydration, CHF, diabetes, shock or trauma.

I think your CO2 cave is a great idea! I personally don't know enough about CO2 therapy to offer much insight, but Blossom may be able to help with that? I tend to prefer what's most natural so I think your self-regulating way is smart. If your cat was getting too much CO2, I suspect the cages would be uncomfortable for her and she would find another cozy spot to rest?

I appreciate your kind words. My dog, Cricket had built up fluid and tumors around her heart and my cat, Suki had tumors in her spine. I was told that Cricket's was lymphoma, but was never told what Suki's was since she passed only a week after the tumors were found. However, I would of treated it the same regardless the label. I would of strengthened her kidneys and got her lymph to clear. Knowing what I know now, her frequent UTIs were a red flag.

Same with Cricket. She had what the vet said was an infection near her anus that had to be drained weekly for a month. What came out resembled tar. This happened after she had been on a raw diet for a few months. Even though she was physically and energetically back to being like she was at a year old, the vet thought raw diets were dangerous and likely what caused the "infection" so I took her off it. I regret not trusting myself because I now realize the diet was actually helping her body to clear her lymph of waste; waste that contributed to her "cancer."

Just weeks before her tumors were found, I woke one night to find Cricket on my legs. Her breathing seemed labored so I knew she wasn't feeling well and wanted to be close to me for comfort. In the morning, I went to kiss her forehead and noticed her ears smelled funny so I treated them with a mix of coconut and tea tree oil thinking she had an infection. The next day, that same tar-like gunk was oozing from her ears. I continued to treat them the next 3 days until it was gone, along with her labored breathing. But I made the mistake of mentioning it to the vet at Cricket's checkup 2 weeks later and her downward spiral from too many gross vet errors ensued. It was honestly a nightmare.

How is your cat doing? Are you seeing any improvements?

Shrimp

Im sorry about your loss. I know its hard.

I guess I'm very lucky that my cat has survived this many months being fairly comfortable. Several months ago, i thoughg she had a sore tooth interfering with eating. I only found out about 3 weeks ago that it was a tumor. It hasn't grown very quickly and isn't always super aggressive, but i believe it can be. I'm very lucky that SCC is very sensitive to sanguinarine in blood root. But killing tumors rapidly is painful and with cats the bloodroot salve i use (amazon salve) seems quite caustic. I'm using several tumorcidal agents but want to be careful.

Will look into that supplement .
Thank you, Nikki. She has probably survived this long and this comfortably because you are taking great care of her, and the raw food is probably helping a lot, too. I had my cat on Whole Foods store brand canned food which I now know is garbage, and it was also mostly fish/tuna which apparently increases the risk for SCC. I hope you have some success with the treatments you are trying!

tara

Shoukd i put her in a bag up to her neck and fill it with CO2? How often or long would someone do this for urgent healing?
Good luck trying that! Can't imagine my cat tolerating it - it would have to be a very strong bag.:) And if they wriggle a lot, some of the CO2 will likely leak out the neck - if they get a strong whiff, it can be briefly suffocating.

I have setup two CO2 "caves" (cages with towels over them) for my cat so she can choose to hide in these and let her exhaled breath buildup and self-treat as needed. She hasn't wanted to leave these since I put them out (24 hours) which may be overdoing it. I will try to do an experiment where one has more room air flow and one is more closed off to see if she actually has the preference for CO2 breathing, as she may just like that they're cozy, dark places.
Nice idea.

Have you checked out/considered Haidut's melanon and/or panquinone? Not because I know they are suitable for cats, or have personal testimony to their effectiveness, just thought there might be something relevant there if you feel like investigating.

Good luck to them all.

Stilgar

Have you considered vitamin K and E?

If your cat is on aspirin and progest E, vitamin K is essential. It is a forgotten vitamin for cats, because so many homemade recipes and commercial pet foods exclude K (through lack of awareness and the assumption that the gut will provide enough). Vitamin E supplementation of any kind will cause vitamin K deficiency over time. If no supplemental vitamins were used and the food was fresh, and blood filled, it would be ok, but since so many supplements are used for cats, it seems vitamin K can really be lacking. And, vitamin E is so prevalent in cat foods for fear of a cat developing overt vitamin E deficiency from too much PUFA.

Cats have a very high metabolic rate. In my experience, they are highly, highly intuitive, and know what they need. I don't know if they are going by smell or by memory of nausea or something from a particular meal. Too many supplements of any kind will cause protein deficiency in cats, so don't go too crazy and keep her protein intake up. Consider adding a gelatin source of some kind, but be careful not to exclude vital nutrients with pure collagen if you can help it. Chicken feet, pig skin etc.

honeybee

Lysine is important for cats also.

OP
N

Nikki

You're welcome, Nikki. I'm glad I could help some. I'm also very glad to know your dad's cancer isn't life threatening and I hope he and your fur family heal up for good.

I'm not sure which are safe for cats, but the list of herbs I have for the urinary system are:

Single Herb - Detoxifiers - Corn Silk, Juniper Berries, Saw Palmetto Berries, Pipsissewa, Uva Ursi, Couch Grass Root, Parsley, Dandelion Leaf

Single Herb - Strengtheners - Juniper Berries, Saw Palmetto Berries, Pipsissewa, Uva Ursi, Lespedeza, Couch Grass Root, Parsley, Dandelion Leaf

For the adrenals (and entire glandular system):

Single Herb - Detoxifiers - Bugleweed Leaf, Dandelion Leaf, Parsley Leaf, Poke Root, Kelp, Saw Palmetto Berries

Single Herbs - Strengtheners - Astragalus Root, Panax Ginseng, Siberian Ginseng, Kelp, Saw Palmetto Berries, Chaste Tree Berry (Vitex), Hawthorn Berries, Bugleweed, Dandelion Leaf, Parsley Leaf, False Unicorn

For the lymphatic system:

Single Herb - Detoxifiers - Poke Root, Blood Root, Fenugreek, Mild Cayenne Pepper, Cascara Sangrada, White Oak Bark, Cleavers, Blue Flag, Plantain, Red Root, Yellow Dock

Single Herb - Strengtheners - Yellow Dock, Poke Root, Blue Flag, White Oak Bark, Reishi Mushroom, Maitake Mushroom, Shiitake Mushroom

That's very interesting about the meters. Have you ever had someone come and test their frequencies? We have high power lines that run through our property and when I fell ill for what seemed like no apparent reason at the time, we had someone come out and test them, along with in and around the house.

Hmm...yeah, I'm not good when it comes to dosing things like DMSO. Haidut may know? I'm more familiar with the herbs used to protect from radiation exposure. I would agree that it's wise to consider your cat's creatinine rising with the appearance of the tumor. From what I understand, increased levels can be an indicator of inflammation of the kidneys, urinary obstructions, dehydration, CHF, diabetes, shock or trauma.

I think your CO2 cave is a great idea! I personally don't know enough about CO2 therapy to offer much insight, but Blossom may be able to help with that? I tend to prefer what's most natural so I think your self-regulating way is smart. If your cat was getting too much CO2, I suspect the cages would be uncomfortable for her and she would find another cozy spot to rest?

I appreciate your kind words. My dog, Cricket had built up fluid and tumors around her heart and my cat, Suki had tumors in her spine. I was told that Cricket's was lymphoma, but was never told what Suki's was since she passed only a week after the tumors were found. However, I would of treated it the same regardless the label. I would of strengthened her kidneys and got her lymph to clear. Knowing what I know now, her frequent UTIs were a red flag.

Same with Cricket. She had what the vet said was an infection near her anus that had to be drained weekly for a month. What came out resembled tar. This happened after she had been on a raw diet for a few months. Even though she was physically and energetically back to being like she was at a year old, the vet thought raw diets were dangerous and likely what caused the "infection" so I took her off it. I regret not trusting myself because I now realize the diet was actually helping her body to clear her lymph of waste; waste that contributed to her "cancer."

Just weeks before her tumors were found, I woke one night to find Cricket on my legs. Her breathing seemed labored so I knew she wasn't feeling well and wanted to be close to me for comfort. In the morning, I went to kiss her forehead and noticed her ears smelled funny so I treated them with a mix of coconut and tea tree oil thinking she had an infection. The next day, that same tar-like gunk was oozing from her ears. I continued to treat them the next 3 days until it was gone, along with her labored breathing. But I made the mistake of mentioning it to the vet at Cricket's checkup 2 weeks later and her downward spiral from too many gross vet errors ensued. It was honestly a nightmare.

How is your cat doing? Are you seeing any improvements?
I will have to research which herbs are safe for cats but have put in for this info from a holistic vet for his opinoin first as I am VERY busy researching out options for treating the cancer. I am getting gcMAF injectable and the cream as recommended on another thread.

I am not yet familiar with melanon and/or panquinone- will look into it when I have a chance.

As for Angel, she is happy, keeping her food and supplements down, and maintaining weight. She loves her caves and goes from one to the other (now we have 3) several times a day, stopping to scratch her post and use the litter box in-between hibernations. I got a red bulb today and she seemed to like tha. I wasn't sure how long to keep it on. We did about 15 minutes of basking. She was purring and "making biscuits" with the light on so I think she really enjoyed it. My other cat used to sit under red light about 10-30 minutes then she would bolt like it was too much (it was not close enough to make her too warm and it was during cool weather when I used it for her). Eventually that cat rejected the red light altogether, not sure why.

Stilgar, I just started giving her Thorne Vit D with k2 but have no idea how much is safe or if that supp has the right ratio given the situation because I think she gets a lot of vitamin D from her diet. Vit D toxicity seems such a big deal in the veterinary texts. She is getting a lot of E for a cat so I will heed your advice on K but would love help figuring a dosage an if K1 or K2 is appropriate (I have no idea). I would even pay someone to research this if someone here is willing and a good researcher as I will apply this knowledge to feeding all of my pets in my care. I have thorne K2 by itself as well (an accidental order, but nothing is accidental it seems). I was afraid to give a supplemental D because she gets a lot of raw liver and that is high in D and A, I think but I have no idea how much is destroyed by freezing, light, oxygen, etc. Her diet is about 15% liver now. I am pretty sure she would eat nothing but liver if given the chance.

Supplements are not adding much bulk to her meal and she should be getting plenty of protein, collagen, and fat from whole chicken legs, skin, bone, etc. A day's worth of meat meal is 25tsp the supplements come to about 2 tsps excluding the colloidal minerals/metals which I just put in place of water to make the food wet enough to feed through the tube. She has totally gotten used to the feeding tube and this morning rubbing her cheeks on everything on my kitchen counter and being pretty cute during her tube feeding (though I still restrain her with a harness and leash). A couple weeks ago I wouldn't have believed she'd get used to it, but I assured her it was helping her get nutrition and she wouldn't have to taste the medicine this way. I think that helped.

She tolerates being in a bag up to her neck. They actually sell cat bags which are great for restraining cats without panicking them. Some find a bag comforting and go limp. Yes some CO2 would leak out but that is not the big problem. The problem is getting it into a bag without a hissing cartridge which will bother any pet I think. I will skip this idea and let her make her own CO2.. This reminds me of nature show on meerkats. One was bitten by a viper and he swelled up and looked like he was a gonner. He could barely crawl into his tunnel. He emerged weeks later good as new. I think there is something to this phenomenon where animal hide in small spaces when they are very sick. I was told about these healing caves where people would go for weeks or months in total darkness and low oxygen and they would come out looking 10 years younger and free of disease. Has anyone else heard of this? I think it was in India or somewhere in the Himalayas. but I am not sure as it has been 15 years since someone told me about this. I have not heard of it since or found the info online. I remember they said the people do not eat anything in this time, they go into a deep sleep in total darkness and are awoken after weeks or months. There could be a lot more than CO2 going on or this could be total BS as obviously it is not very well known and would be if it really worked. Right?

nikki

jaguar43

i think cyproheptadine is anti-cancer. Progesterone seems be useful in cancer as well.

I think the best results come from combination therapy as describe by Ray Peat

There are several types of drug---carbonic anhydrase inhibitors, to increase carbon dioxide in the tissues, lysergic acid derivatives, to block serotonin and suppress prolactin, anti-opiates, antiexcitotoxic and GABAergic agents, anesthetics, antihistamines, anticholinergics, salicylic acid derivatives---that could probably be useful in a comprehensive therapy for cancer, but their combinations won't be explored as long as treatments are designed only to kill.

Preventing and treating cancer with progesterone.

narouz

Nikki--
I'm sorry about your loved ones'' troubles.

About your cat:
Probably this has been mentioned--if so, sorry to repeat.
But haidut, a while back--a year or more I think,
mentioned in passing
a drug that he said showed remarkable effectiveness against cat (I think) cancer.

Maybe it was cabergoline (may have the spelling wrong)?
Use google (not forum search engine)
and try things like haidut+cats+cabergoline
or maybe it was another drug
so try also haidut+cats or haidut+pets or haidut+dogs...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals