blob69

Our family just had a horrific experience with an animal shelter and we are desperate for help. Our cat had a litter of 4 kittens, all of whom were adopted to new owners, but stayed with us for a little longer so as to not separate them from their mother and siblings too early. Just before the new owner was to come and take her, one of the kittens (3 months old) went to a big meadow next to our house and stayed there for some hours. During this time a passer-by saw her and thought she is lost and/or ill (she wasn't). They took her home and handed her to a local animal shelter.

By sheer luck (posting an ad for the kitten that was seen by the woman who took her to the shelter) we found out where she is and I immediately called the shelter and naively thought that we would simply go there and get her back. But they told us that they've already vaccinated and dewormed her and that they plan on spaying and microchipping her, and we can ONLY get her back if we accept these procedures AND pay 350 EUR for them! I swear that I have never, ever experienced such a crazy thing in my life - it's like someone taking my child and refusing to hand them over back to me without genital mutilation being done on her because they believe it's a good thing to do, and demanding I should pay for it.

So we are looking for help, also in the form of good information about spaying or spaying too early (she's 3,5 months old now), because we will try to press on them with science showing harm, even though they are the craziest fanatics I've ever seen in my life, convinced we are murderers because we let our cats out of the house and even worse, let them reproduce once. I'm shocked at how sick and twisted the animal protection movement is.

I already posted a more specific question in another thread: Dangers of spaying for cats

Removing ovaries in humans is associated with a plethora of diseases (Wikipedia). Spaying dogs was shown to have negative effects in multiple studies (see here). However, for cats it is claimed that spaying hardly has any negative effects or even worse, that it's overall beneficial.

How is that possible? Isn't the biology of humans, dogs and cats similar enough that spaying should produce similar effects in these species? Is veterinary science really that stupid?

peateats1

I don't know anything about spaying but I'd try to go into the shelter and pretend like I was looking for a pet (don't tell them who you are) and somehow get the kitten out, put it in your purse, and run. Sorry, I know my comment probably is not helpful, but this pissed me off and I think you should be able to get your kitten back.

Robert5493

Could you tell them you're breeding a new line and if they spay it then they are destroying your property and business prospects? I doubt you will convince them by way of health effects of spaying, but potential loss of income lawsuit might.

BlueEyeWolf

Forum Supporter
This is ridiculous as spaying is important and all my animals live a long time.

OP
B

blob69

This is ridiculous as spaying is important and all my animals live a long time.
Wow, you are in the dark... spaying is akin to mutilation and medieval torture and the same procedures are considered unethical in humans because of the severe damage they cause. Since posting the original post I have researched this issue in detail by reading hundreds of scientific papers - I could say without much exaggeration that I looked at almost everything that exists about this subject at the moment - and myself wrote another scientific paper (a review of more than a hundred studies showing harm). Your comment couldn't be more wrong as sex organ removal without a single doubt badly damages the animals' health in the long-term, not to even mention that alternatives exist that are much less damaging (vasectomy, tubal ligation and even just hysterectomy as opposed to ovary removal) and for that reason are used in humans, but are almost totally ignored by medieval-style veterinarians.

Here is just one site exploring a little of the dark, shameful story: Healthy and Happy Dog

Also, may I ask what are you doing on Ray Peat's site if you think sex hormones are not important for health? Because that is exactly what is removed by removing the sex organs, and everyone studying Ray's work should know what this means for health. I'm guessing you haven't delved too deeply, like many of the people posting on this forum nowadays.

And to all the people who think this kind of compulsory mutilation of pets is OK, all I can say is good luck when they come for your kids soon... oh wait, maybe they already did?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ShECW1ZsI0

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals