Dog Infection On Eyelids & Jaw. High Estrogen?

PeatInspired

Forum Supporter
My 10lbs 3 year old dog, Ginger, developed what looked like a sty last week... it swelled up and burst and drained (but remained puffy) the vet thought it was just an eye infection. It then spread to other eye. So now both of her eye lids are puffy and crusty.

I brought her back to the vet who said it now reminds her of an autoimmune disease that happens to puppies (and sometimes adult dogs) because there are some light spots that popped up on her lips as well and a hard knot at the back of her jaw (under her ear, above her neck). NOW she gives me an antibiotic- amoxicillin- (I don't know why she didn't give it to me at the first visit a week ago!).

The only thing I can find about autoimmune stuff and Ray Peat is that it's related to excess estrogen. So I've started giving her a drop of Progest-E in her food every morning. I had been giving her a grain-free dry dog food, but there are still PUFAs in it. Today I'll switch her to meat/egg/gelatin mixture instead of the dry food.

What else can I try?? Help! This is not helping my own stress hormone levels. o_O

Regina

My 10lbs 3 year old dog, Ginger, developed what looked like a sty last week... it swelled up and burst and drained (but remained puffy) the vet thought it was just an eye infection. It then spread to other eye. So now both of her eye lids are puffy and crusty.

I brought her back to the vet who said it now reminds her of an autoimmune disease that happens to puppies (and sometimes adult dogs) because there are some light spots that popped up on her lips as well and a hard knot at the back of her jaw (under her ear, above her neck). NOW she gives me an antibiotic- amoxicillin- (I don't know why she didn't give it to me at the first visit a week ago!).

The only thing I can find about autoimmune stuff and Ray Peat is that it's related to excess estrogen. So I've started giving her a drop of Progest-E in her food every morning. I had been giving her a grain-free dry dog food, but there are still PUFAs in it. Today I'll switch her to meat/egg/gelatin mixture instead of the dry food.

What else can I try?? Help! This is not helping my own stress hormone levels. o_O
K2 (MK-4)??? I give my dog a Peak K2 capsule maybe 3x per week. They are 15mg (but can be opened up??)
In my dog, his fatty masses went away.
Maybe also some aspirin??
Some coconut oil?

OP
PeatInspired

PeatInspired

Forum Supporter
K2 (MK-4)??? I give my dog a Peak K2 capsule maybe 3x per week. They are 15mg (but can be opened up??)
In my dog, his fatty masses went away.
Maybe also some aspirin??
Some coconut oil?

Oh thanks! Do you have any per/lb dosage recommendations? I only take 1mg of K2 myself per day (I have liquid drops)!