Cat Cancer Treatment Help Please (dog Too)

OP
N

Nikki

Ray's words are in quotes. Purple notes in brackets are my thoughts): "I think a blend of raw liver and egg [I am not sure but I think he later said about 1 tsp liver to one egg] will provide a good balance of the vitamins, and a little powdered eggshell could provide the calcium to balance the high phosphorous content of those. (I had a cat with a huge mouth tumor who recovered completely with just the liquified liver and egg.) A small drop of Progest-E (with 2 or 3 mg of progesterone) could be added a few times a day [can be very sedating- don't mistake the sedation for illness]. About 5 to 10 mg of a pure pregnenolone per day would reduce stress [I did this but don't know if this helped my cat at all]. CoQ10 and aspirin are probably helpful for any kind of cancer [I agree that aspirin can help with cancer, but cats can be very sensitive to it and my cat had GI bleeding which may have been from 5mg aspirin or the bloodroot I had given orally]; I doubt that MSM, DMSO, and silver are helpful [I disagree, however MSM and DMSO have the potential to interfere with thyroid function which could in turn make cancers worse. At the very least MSM and DMSO are helpful for protection against radiation which is certainly poisoning out pets and contributint to cancers. As for colloidal silver, when one is dealing with cancer, one can assune immune system is challenged and killing off harmful microbes can only be helpful (with caution to prevent reactions from endotoxin release)]. 5 or 10 mg of aspirin twice a day, finely mixed with the food, would be a safe amount.

How to Make Your Own Ground Eggshell Calcium Supplement for Dogs and Cats
by Sarah Whitman, Demand Media
Eggshell offers a highly absorbable form of calcium.
Whether you have a dog, a cat or both, using ground eggshell is an easy and highly nutritious approach to calcium supplementation. Dogs and cats alike will benefit from the natural nutrients found in eggshells, without any of the additives found in many commercial supplements.
Most of the body's calcium is found in bones. It forms a base for your pets' bone structure, and works with phosphorous, boron, vitamin D and other nutrients to support muscle and nerve function, balance hormone levels and keep blood healthy. Eggshells pack a calcium punch, as they are about 94 to 97 percent calcium. This calcium is highly absorbable due to its natural form, and because other trace minerals present within the shell increase absorption.
Calcium Requirements for Dogs and Cats
Calcium requirements are based on body weight. Per kilogram of body weight, adult dogs need about 120 mg, and pups 320. Cats need about 128 mg per kilogram, and kittens 400. To find your pet's weight in kilograms, divide his weight in pounds by 2.2. For example, a 10-pound dog weighs 4.5 kilograms and he'd need 540 mg of calcium daily (120 mg per kilogram x 4.5 kilograms = 540 mg). Your pet's needs may vary, so run your estimate past your vet.
Calcium Content in Eggshells, and Choosing Eggs
One average-size eggshell has 750 to 800 mg of calcium, along with trace elements like boron, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, zinc and more. Eggshells have a total of 27 trace elements and a composition similar to bones and teeth. They're porous, so they are vulnerable to contaminants, chemicals and bacteria in their environment. Therefore, buy organic when possible. Cooking eggshells will help destroy bacteria, but it won't remove chemicals.
Basic Eggshell Calcium Supplement Recipe
Remove egg from shell. Keep the thin membrane, as it contains nutrients. Drop shells in boiling water for a minute or two to kill bacteria. Dry, then place in a coffee grinder. Grinding protects your pet's mouth, as shells are sharp otherwise. If you don't have a grinder, place them in a plastic bag and roll them with a rolling pin until well crushed. Last resort is to use your hands to crush them. When they no longer hurt your hand, they're probably safe for your pet's mouth."

OP
N

Nikki

Chief, please tell me more- Age of kitty, name of kitty, size and exact location of tumor (if known), If kitty can still eat, if he is doing ok aside from the physical interference of the tumor (or if he has other health issues). You may be able to treat this if the tumor is still just in the mouth and kitty is healthy enough to get a feeding tube placed OR you can get enough food and water into him without a tube. I know in UK it can be difficult to get a vet to allow for subcutaneous hydration or tube feeding so you may have to search for a vet who will help. That said, do not feel obligated to do any of this. Clearly you love your cat very much and you have done all you could, so far. Rememer, anything you try could potentially cause harm or discomfort. There is no guilt in letting go. I support you in whatever you choose to do.

OP
N

Nikki

If I remember correctly artemisinin worked in one study when combined with another active treatment. I have used artemisinin a few times with no luck, unfortunately. Is it butyrate it was used with? I think that may have been it and butyrate, I trust to do more cancer killing than the artemisinin. That said, on vetbook there was a successful case posted. I'll see if I can find it.

OP
N

Nikki

Here is the case of the cat who seems to have recovered with artemisin Artemisinin - Cat. It gave me a lot of hope. I treated two cats with artemisinin, but it didn't work for them. Perhaps I started treatment too late. I tried almost everything- gcMAF, MMS, colloidal silver, gold and platinum, neoplasene (causes nausea when used orally, I recommend it for injection only in cats since they are so sensitive to nausea and are typically picky eaters to begin with), minocycline, IV vitamin C, homeopathy, etc. Neoplasene kills tumors, beyond a doubt as does haematoxylin and DMSO. Ideally, we would help cells return to health rather than kill entire tumors and leave holes in the body. There is the rub. We want to kill tumors to shrink them and stop the damage they cause, but killing them too quickly may be problematic if they are in sensitive areas.

I know a lot can be done with alternative methods and we can perfect these treatments if we share our experiences. I don't know why clinics which routinely offer alternative treatments don't readily share their protocols and most don't even advertise that they offer treatments like IV vitamin C. It is really depressing when it takes a pet owner a month to get a hold of a protocol that a vet has been using sucessfully for years. Why is this information not shared openly?

I hope to find more success stories and protocols posted here.

Mad scientists, go!

Last edited:
B

Braveheart

Art probably most effective prophylactically in pets...they can't tell us when something is wrong

OP
N

Nikki

Art probably most effective prophylactically in pets...they can't tell us when something is wrong
Do you think it's safe to use long-term in cats/dogs? Do we have info on how long it must build up to be effective? If we were experimenting on senior pets, could we cycle one week on, one off perhaps?

Regina

Do you think it's safe to use long-term in cats/dogs? Do we have info on how long it must build up to be effective? If we were experimenting on senior pets, could we cycle one week on, one off perhaps?
I have never seen any pet food--even the toppest of the top of the line--that didn't have excess iron. Maybe toggle between arteminisin and ice cream, milk, cottage cheese days?

B

Braveheart

you'll have to Google these questions....ART was first used on animals...it's not complicated...I need to find these answers too as my puppers are getting older

sweetpeat

Here is some recent correspondence I had with Ray regarding dog cancer:

Me: Hi Dr. Peat,
My dog was recently diagnosed with transitional cell carcinoma in his bladder/urethra/prostate area. He is a Chihuahua mix, about 12 pounds and 10.5 years old. He is asymptomatic except for a small amount of blood in his urine. Other issues include mild valvular disease, cholecystitis, cloudy eyes (no cataracts). Appetite is good, no problems eliminating yet.

Based on my reading of your articles and information on the forum, I have begun the following therapies:
- Aspirin (veterinary-grade): 50mg twice a day. Veterinarian is recommending Piroxicam.
- Progesterone: 3mg twice a day
- vitamin K1 (veterinary-grade): 25mg tablet 3 times a week
- Artimisinin: 50mg twice a day, cycling 4 days on, 3 days off
- Thyroid: 8mcg t3 drops morning & afternoon, 1 grain Thiroyd (NDT) in the evening
- Transitioning his diet to lower iron, higher calcium/magnesium

What I'm wondering is, does it seem like I'm on the right track? I have no idea about dosages, mostly guesswork. I'd appreciate any advice you can offer.

Ray: I think a diet with milk, cheese, and some egg would be good. Aspirin is likely to be better than piroxicam. Vitamin K and progesterone are likely to help. Vitamin D is important; I think 1000 i.u. would be o.k. I would start with smaller amounts of the thyroid. I think the aspirin and progesterone could be increased according to their effects on symptoms.

J Urol. 2001 Jan;165(1):253-8.
Effects of vitamin D (calcitriol) on transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder in vitro and in vivo.
Konety BR, Lavelle JP, Pirtskalaishvili G, Dhir R, Meyers SA, Nguyen TS, Hershberger P, Shurin MR, Johnson CS, Trump DL, Zeidel ML, Getzenberg RH.
PURPOSE:
Vitamin D (calcitriol) has significant antiproliferative effects on various tumor cells in vitro and in vivo. In the clinical situation a major impediment to systemic administration of calcitriol is the side effect of hypercalcemia. To test the potential usefulness of calcitriol for bladder cancer treatment, we studied the antiproliferative effect of vitamin D on 2 human bladder cancer cell lines, 253j and T-24, in vitro. We also examined the in vivo effects of calcitriol in an animal model of bladder cancer using intravesical administration to avoid the toxicity of systemic calcitriol therapy.
MATERIALS AND METHODS:
The presence of vitamin D receptors in normal and neoplastic human bladder tissue, and tumor cells T-24 and 253j was determined by immunoblot analysis. Tumor cell proliferation in the presence or absence of calcitriol was determined using a crystal violet assay. Calcitriol induced apoptosis was determined by morphology, polyadenosine diphosphate ribose polymerase cleavage and annexin V binding. In vivo studies were performed by weekly intravesical instillation of calcitriol in female Fischer 344 rats after induction of tumors by N-methyl nitrosourea. Calcitriol administration was started 3 weeks after tumor induction for 7 doses at weekly intervals.
RESULTS:
Normal and neoplastic human bladder tissue, and the cell lines expressed vitamin D receptors. In the 253j and T-24 cell lines proliferation was significantly inhibited by calcitriol. Progressive cleavage of full length polyadenosine diphosphate ribose polymerase was observed in calcitriol treated cells starting as early as 4 hours after exposure. Similar changes were not observed in the control cells treated with vehicle (ethanol) alone. After 24 hours of treatment with calcitriol 45.8% of 253j cells bound annexin compared to 16.5% of control cells (chi-square p <0.001). Of the control animals 66% developed bladder tumors and 55% of the animals treated with calcitriol early (3 weeks) after tumor induction developed bladder tumors. Almost all of the tumors that developed in the calcitriol group were unifocal, and only 20% were invasive compared to 50% of those in the control animals.
CONCLUSIONS:
These results demonstrate that calcitriol inhibits proliferation and induces apoptosis in human bladder tumor cells in vitro, and may have therapeutic potential in bladder cancer. In vivo studies using an N-methylnitrosourea induced model of bladder cancer demonstrate that early institution of intravesical calcitriol therapy after carcinogen exposure results in fewer tumors, which are also less likely to be multifocal, high grade or invasive. With our protocol a short course of intravesical calcitriol administration did not result in any significant toxicity.

PLoS One. 2018; 13(4): e0195844.
Vitamin D receptor suppresses proliferation and metastasis in renal cell carcinoma cell lines via regulating the expression of the epithelial Ca2+ channel TRPV5
YongMing Chen, Data curation, Formal analysis, Writing – original draft,1 XinYu Liu, Resources, Supervision,2 FaBiao Zhang, Writing – review & editing,1 ShanFan Liao, Software, Writing – review & editing,1 XiYuan He, Software, Writing – review & editing,1 DeXiang Zhuo, Formal analysis, Methodology,1 HuaiBin Huang, Software, Writing – review & editing,1 and YongYang Wu, Conceptualization, Funding acquisition, Methodology, Resources, Writing – review & editing1,*Aamir Ahmad, Editor
Abstract
We previously demonstrated that transient receptor potential vanilloid subfamily 5 (TRPV5) expression was decreased in renal cell carcinoma (RCC) compared with that in normal kidney tissues, a finding that was correlated with vitamin D receptor (VDR) expression, but further investigations is warranted. The aim of this study was to elucidate whether VDR could regulate the expression of TRPV5 and affect proliferation and metastasis in RCC. In this study, we used lentivirus to conduct the model of VDR overexpression and knockdown caki-1 and 786-O RCC cell lines in vitro. The results demonstrated that VDR overexpression significantly inhibited RCC cells proliferation, migration and invasion, and promoted apoptosis by the MTT, transwell cell migration/invasion and flow cytometry assays, respectively. However, VDR knockdown in RCC cells had the opposite effect. The RNA-sequence assay, which was assessed in caki-1 cells after VDR overexpression and knockdown, also indicated that significantly differentially expressed genes were associated with cell apoptotic, differentiation, proliferation and migration. RT-PCR and western blot analysis showed that VDR knockdown increased TRPV5 expression and VDR overexpression decreased TRPV5 expression in caki-1 cells. Furthermore, knockdown of TRPV5 expression suppressed the VDR knockdown-induced change in the proliferation, migration and invasion in caki-1 cells. Taken together, these findings confirmed that VDR functions as a tumour suppressor in RCC cells and suppresses the proliferation, migration and invasion of RCC through regulating the expression of TRPV5.

Vitamin D Deficiency and Increased Risk of Bladder Carcinoma: A Meta-Analysis
Zhang H.a · Zhang H.b · Wen X.a · Zhang Y.a · Wei X.a · Liu T.a
Cell Physiol Biochem 2015;37:1686-1692
Abstract
Background/Aims: Vitamin D status in relation to bladder carcinoma risk was still inconsistent. This study was carried out to evaluate the relationship between vitamin D status and bladder carcinoma risk through a meta-analysis approach. Methods: Pubmed, Web of Science, CNKI, and Embase were searched systemically to find eligible studies from the earliest available date to April 16, 2015. The search terms “vitamin D”, “25-hydroxyvitamin D”, “bladder cancer” or “bladder carcinoma” were used to retrieve relevant studies. The exposure of interest was intake of vitamin D or serum vitamin D levels, and the outcome of interest was bladder carcinoma incidence or mortality. The pooled risk ratio (RR) values and their 95%CIs were calculated through meta-analysis. Results: Seven studies with a total of 62,141 participants met the inclusion criteria and were finally included into the meta-analysis. There was no heterogeneity among those included studies (I2 = 0%, P = 0.53). The pooled RR of bladder carcinoma for the lowest category versus the highest category of vitamin D was 1.34 (95% CI 1.17-1.53, P < 0.0001). Sensitivity analysis by omitting one study by turns showed all the pooled RRs were statistically significant. Meta-analysis of 5 studies reporting outcomes of serum vitamin D levels also showed that the low serum vitamin D level was associated with increased risk of bladder carcinoma (RR = 1.32, 95%CI 1.15-1.52, P = 0.0001). No obvious risk of publication bias was observed. Conclusion: Vitamin D deficiency is associated with increased risk of bladder carcinoma in present study.

Mossy

Please use methylene blue with caution. when you say squirt, I hope you meant of a diluted product. If you squirted it full strength, I would like to know more because it is reportedly extremely toxic to cats and dogs in doses of more than 2-3 mg. I thought it was ironic that in these species it causes heinz body anemia

Methylene blue is highly toxic to dogs and cats supposedly. I would like to test this out, but not on my pet
This information about MB being "toxic" would need something to support it. As I research ways to help my sick cat I've only found information that supports MB for cats. Such as this study:

Methylene blue can be used to treat methemoglobinemia in cats without inducing Heinz body hemolytic anemia

I've also read a Reddit thread where a vet prescribed MB for a cat. The owner of the cat voiced concern over the safety of the MB, but only from here-say. It's hard in our information age to sort fact from fiction.

ddjd

Im sorry about your loss. I know its hard.

I guess I'm very lucky that my cat has survived this many months being fairly comfortable. Several months ago, i thoughg she had a sore tooth interfering with eating. I only found out about 3 weeks ago that it was a tumor. It hasn't grown very quickly and isn't always super aggressive, but i believe it can be. I'm very lucky that SCC is very sensitive to sanguinarine in blood root. But killing tumors rapidly is painful and with cats the bloodroot salve i use (amazon salve) seems quite caustic. I'm using several tumorcidal agents but want to be careful.

Will look into that supplement .

View: https://twitter.com/karma44921039/status/1642498808255860736?t=QHrfMGIwxWaVGmYqexhd7g&s=19

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals