John McDougall is dead at 77

akgrrrl

He made most of his conclusions from observational studies and personal observations of people eating traditional diets and living long.

Most traditional cultures would have included animal products to varying degrees, why he would make such a dogmatic stance against the health effects of animal foods must mean that he allowed his own personal morals to influence his beliefs about the health status of eating animals.

I got no problem with people not eating animals because of their own moral positions, but to make the next jump and conclude that eating animals is unhealthy is where I draw the line. At that point the person is operating under some very suspicious logic.
+1

Badger

1719471225679.png

Andy316

Sad to hear of his passing. I always felt, irrespective of his diet working or not that he was a honest man compared to many snake oil salesmen in that profession.

Kyle970

He looks better than the typical 50 year olds in my area, where the norm is mostly plant based. I could see the the confusion... if you live in the south, most are extremely obese and inflamed, possibly from all the pharmaceuticals.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals