John McDougall is dead at 77

I thought he didn't look good at all in his recent videos. But I think he had some element of integrity compared to most.

My wife said he looks like he has cancer. I agree.

From a recent video:'
mcdouggall.jpg

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
We tried the McDougal plan in the 80s for about 9 months but were always hungry. I am impressed that he and his wife were able to stick with it.

Clyde

I wrote a term paper in a nutrition class about diabetes based on Dr. McDougall's work. I read his books when I first heard about him. There was no internet or podcasting at the time.
He definitely left his mark on this planet.

dukesbobby777

RIP. I didn’t really vibe with what I interpreted as his nutritional message, but respect is due anyway. His wikipedia page states that it was a low fat vegan diet that he recommended, is that correct? The only reason I question that is because I’m sure that years ago he was saying that occasional use of certain nuts and low fat dairy were ok. 77 isn’t old at all.

youngsinatra

In the last years he looked more and more malnourished (thin and lacked muscle mass) and he acted/communicated like he had some brain problems.

I think animal fats and protein are essential for a healthy body and brain. Starch can be good if it’s part of a balanced diet. I felt ***t when I did his program many many years ago.

Don’t be vegan. Dr. Michael Gregor will likely die earlier than he thinks, too. Looks malnourished aswell.

tallglass13

He goes into a Burger King and orders a bun lol. The man was a true believer.

View: https://youtu.be/3sBrA62J43g?t=440

Oxalate salad
Although I like to say my condolences, I've always liked Dr John McDougall.. referenced him many many times and always liked his speeches.. he did mention a couple of years ago how Donald Trump looked younger than he was.. I think John would have been helped with a couple of hamburgers like his mother used to eat.. I think with Ray passing away and John passing away.. just live the best you can avoiding the seed oils, and enjoying life no matter what eat intuitively, but everyone has their own choices.. godspeed John

Dave Clark

My first question {whether anyone likes it or not} when someone now a days dies seemingly early in life is, were they jabbed.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I’m sorry to hear this.
I’m personally a big fan of getting adequate animal protein especially as we age due to anabolic resistance. I think the zinc and b12 are important as well.

OP
ecstatichamster
I'm a fan of dairy products. I just can't function on plants. I can see the advantages of low methionine but it's difficult to implement for me.

He was brave in how he helped type 2 diabetics get cured with high carbs.

My $0.02 is that he had cancer.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'm a fan of dairy products. I just can't function on plants. I can see the advantages of low methionine but it's difficult to implement for me.

He was brave in how he helped type 2 diabetics get cured with high carbs.

You’re probably right. He has that appearance. The difficult thing is that we will never know how long he would have lived if he had eaten the standard western diet. My guess is not as long. He did a lot right by sticking to minimally processed foods.

Apple

You’re probably right. He has that appearance. The difficult thing is that we will never know how long he would have lived if he had eaten the standard western diet. My guess is not as long. He did a lot right by sticking to minimally processed foods.
I think people on restricted diets look pretty similar, doesn't mean they have cancer. Karen Hurd, Caldwell Esselstyn, McGregor all have gaunted faces. McDougall probably had some kind of stroke. But sure starch based diet can cause accumulation of mycotoxins.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I think people on restricted diets look pretty similar, doesn't mean they have cancer. Karen Hurd, Caldwell Esselstyn, McGregor all have gaunted faces. McDougall probably had some kind of stroke. But sure starch based diet can cause accumulation of mycotoxins.
True, he may have just had age related sarcopenia which can look similar to cancer wasting.

JudiBlueHen

Any restricted diet can have similar results if carried to extremes. My doctor went full Keto about a year ago and he looks like a skeleton. He's also a runner, but before this he was just slender, not painfully thin. He seems to think he looks and feels great - but his head looks like a skull with tight wrapped red-purple skin. I don't know what to say to him - he's a very nice man and did not push the jabs, and in fact did not offer them.

akgrrrl

I am just glad this post states clearly that McDougal died.

Nowadays even animals killed by brutal means are termed as having "passed away" as if gently moving across our vision in the wind to a further point out of sight. Does no favors to the younger generations and blunts the reality.

Runenight201

He made most of his conclusions from observational studies and personal observations of people eating traditional diets and living long.

Most traditional cultures would have included animal products to varying degrees, why he would make such a dogmatic stance against the health effects of animal foods must mean that he allowed his own personal morals to influence his beliefs about the health status of eating animals.

I got no problem with people not eating animals because of their own moral positions, but to make the next jump and conclude that eating animals is unhealthy is where I draw the line. At that point the person is operating under some very suspicious logic.

gabys225

He was a good man. I believe he genuinely wanted to help people. He has presented some incredible research and some old hard to find studies in his lectures online. Wherever he went, he will be received with trumpets and fanfare.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals